It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Build your dynasty.

<span class="bold">Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom</span>, a 3000-year build-up of China's turbulent history, is now available, DRM-free and as a digital exclusive on GOG.com!

Being the Emperor of such a vast and ancient kingdom is nothing if not challenging. Once you're done admiring the exotic visuals, you will be faced with the economic, political, military, and diplomatic affairs that will either expand your kingdom or abruptly halt its glorious course through history.
Emperor: RotMK is one of my favorite games of all time. So happy to see this on GOG finally. Now I never have to worry about losing the disc again!
evilsmurf999: I so very nearly lost a job because of this game - it would have been worth it!
Ixamyakxim: LOL that's pretty funny - especially because of the *nearly* ;)

I hadn't ever heard of this one - looks nice! Beautiful visuals.
Hah! Preservation sense caught up with me. :)

I was so happy playing games back then..
Now, what's taking so long for Medieval Mayor??? ;-)

ETA: :-(
Post edited February 13, 2017 by iangold
iangold: Now, what's taking so long for Medieval Mayor??? ;-)

Wasn't that one officially abandoned? My impression was that Tilted Mill was largely out of business.
Cool to see this selling so well. The first day I was worried because nobody was really rating it, but it shot up the charts over the weekend. I wonder where it is overall in the catalog.

I thought the same with SimCity 3000, but that seems to be selling well too. Both Emp and SC3k had around the same number of votes, 5,000-ish.
Post edited February 16, 2017 by tfishell

Sadly, the game was shelved years ago. I was hoping they'd try to kickstart it, but so far there hasn't been any sign from Tilted Mill.

Still, if you want to know more about what the game was, you can check out the interview I did with Chris Beatrice back when Medieval Mayor was announced:
http://www.games-arena.ro/2012/10/26/interview-chris-beatrice-medieval-mayor/

So, since this was not at all clear apparently: I joked about it being cancelled, then immediately edited the post because my own joke just made me sad.

Branais: Wasn't that one officially abandoned? My impression was that Tilted Mill was largely out of business.
* Whoosh *

unacomn: Sadly, the game was shelved years ago. I was hoping they'd try to kickstart it, but so far there hasn't been any sign from Tilted Mill.

Still, if you want to know more about what the game was, you can check out the interview I did with Chris Beatrice back when Medieval Mayor was announced:
See above ;-) Thanks for the link though! Already read it, I think. I used to be on the Tilted Mill community, which became more deserted with each passing year, with very infrequent updates by Chris. Lately I don't know what they're up to anymore, so the kickstarting's an interesting idea! Would be very surprised to see that happening.
unacomn: Sadly, the game was shelved years ago. I was hoping they'd try to kickstart it, but so far there hasn't been any sign from Tilted Mill.

Maybe they'll still do a Half-Life 2 on us. Someone posted this link to reddit. Just less than one year ago! I re-read the interview and didn't know they were at one point a year away from releasing... Maybe it'd be good to hold out some hope anyway! Pharaoh is often in the top sellers list and now Emperor is staying high in the charts as well. That might get noticed by the right people.
evilsmurf999: I so very nearly lost a job because of this game - it would have been worth it!
Ixamyakxim: LOL that's pretty funny - especially because of the *nearly* ;)

I hadn't ever heard of this one - looks nice! Beautiful visuals.
I must have thousands of hours in this game, most of them at work, lol. I took a screenshot of a spreadsheet and made it my background image so that when I switched out of Emperor it would look like I was working, ha ha. Hey, it took me all of an hour and a half each day to do just a little more work than my boss could fog up or make useless before quitting time, so I took the other six and a half to the bank with pride.
I have been toting around the old CD since the 90s, and man the stuff I've gone through to get it to play on recent Windows installs.
Thank you, GoG!
Still the most beautifully painted 2D I have ever installed. Have loved this one since its release, 20 years ago, and just recently decided to check GoG for it, thank you, thank you.
Ixamyakxim:
hodgicus: I must have thousands of hours in this game,
That could mean you only played the Terracotta Warrior scenario. :P

That damn thing takes FOREVER.