It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Build your dynasty.

<span class="bold">Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom</span>, a 3000-year build-up of China's turbulent history, is now available, DRM-free and as a digital exclusive on GOG.com!

Being the Emperor of such a vast and ancient kingdom is nothing if not challenging. Once you're done admiring the exotic visuals, you will be faced with the economic, political, military, and diplomatic affairs that will either expand your kingdom or abruptly halt its glorious course through history.
Love everything ancient China related, sadly too broke at the moment, so a spot on the wishlist it is. For now.
The one to bring balance to them all.
Awesome releases. I trully recommend this fella since he covers up Emperor pretty good.

You know? This gives me quite the r(h)ope to see Merchant Prince games in here ;D
Holy crap, yay :D
petitmal: <nsip>
Ghildrean: <snip>
Thank you both :-)
Hey blues, is multiplayer included?

Awesome news!
This is great game. Sierra also published Lode Runner: The Mad Monks Revenge, maybe Activision can release that one as well.
Yes! Finally my Impressions Games collection will be complete!
iangold: Hey blues, is multiplayer included?

Awesome news!
"Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom only supports multiplayer connectivity over LAN or direct connection."

Perhaps this site would be helpful: http://emperor.heavengames.com
Post edited February 09, 2017 by tfishell
Never heard of this game before. But ancient china theme is my cup of tea.
Most probably will have to give it a chance at some point.
Shockingly, I never knew this existed. Since it is the next step in the Zeus series, already bought it! I have very high expectations based on what I am reading here.
truhlik: Never heard of this game before
I'm always happy when folks are true and honest!
Thanks and keep being that way, pal.

muttly13: Shockingly, I never knew this existed. Since it is the next step in the Zeus series, already bought it! I have very high expectations based on what I am reading here.
X2

;P
Post edited February 09, 2017 by vicklemos
Has this one had a widescreen patch made for it yet? I know Zeus and Pharoah both have HD patches and they're the same engine as this.
Thank you for getting this GOG! This is the best and most underappreciated city builder game of all time!
Somebody share this release on r/games already. :P