It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
Deleted - double post...
Post edited March 16, 2016 by cal74
If it had been here earlier, or announced as something that was coming here, maybe I would've waited to buy it on GOG rather than getting a used PS4 copy from the bin at the game store.

I'd rather buy console than Steam, so if it takes too long to hit GOG and is available for PS4...

Well, it needs to have a bigger sale to get me to buy something twice, even though that used console copy from the game store didn't actually give them any money for me purchasing it.
adamhm: It's probably just a bug or oversight with Steam's store page. According to the articles on GOL The Following does have Linux support as well...
Jakejw played it on lhis channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KooGzgkdlKY
I thought Deep Silver was the publisher.
Did the game change hands ?
NuffCatnip: I thought Deep Silver was the publisher.
You probably mixed it up with Dead Island. Dying Light is self published by Techland.
Well, I didn't expect this. Great to see all these traditionally DRM-laden big games coming to GOG!
Nice to get some AAA releases. Not long after the addon release is a plus. Too bad I already have the game (without the addon) on Steam.
Nice, though i'm not sure my GPU can run it. Now get Dead Island here guys.
Nice release. Instand buy.

The game is hard to get in Germany. Not listed on Steam, not even on Amazon.de.
Let's see how long it takes before someone from gog.com or Techland realizes that Dying Light is on the German Index and the game becomes region-locked for Germany...
Senteria: Come on, they've always said galaxy is optional and it still is. Multiplayer is optional. You got to be online to play online. Blame the devs if you want to blame anyone.
Just like I would blame UbiSoft if GOG allowed them to release a UPlay title. /s
Senteria: You don't see people complain on steam for having to use the steam client to play multiplayer now do you?
You can't be serious...

I'm happy to see this game here (or at least will be if the Linux version is coming) but your arguments are not very good, I have to say.

[Edit:] And I forgot this
Senteria: Multiplayer is optional.
You could argue that anything is optional in the game. That's a poor argument as well.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by 0Grapher
Nice release. Hope more AAA titles are coming to Gog.
A shame that I bought Dying Light EE two weeks ago. If you don't announce the release previously and don't get the release at the same date that others digitals platforms you will lose potentially customers. I am one. I would prefered bought Dying Light to Gog more than to Steam.
fettouhi: This is getting ridiculus with GOG another relase that is Windows only even though there is a Linux version available. Still no word on GOG Galaxy for Linux or Witcher 3 for Linux. Seems like they don't really care, then why offer Linux as a platform at all?
I do wonder if the lack of Galaxy for Linux is responsible for some games here missing their Linux versions... if so then it's disappointing that not even a very basic client (like the one that was initially used for testing Galaxy with games like AvP) is available for Linux to make such releases possible. Or depending on the game they could simply release a version with the Galaxy features disabled until the Linux client is ready.
A Most Unexpected and Excellent Release! Huge thank you to Techland and GOG for this! Wishlisted for now, but will be an instabuy as soon as I replenish my funds!
NuffCatnip: I thought Deep Silver was the publisher.
Matruchus: You probably mixed it up with Dead Island. Dying Light is self published by Techland.
Right...forgot about Dead Island. :) Why do all Zombie games have to start with Dead, Dying etc. anyway ?
Anyway, thanks! :)