It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
XyleDaylight: The corporate defense is real. Oh the poor multi million dollar AAA game company ... we can't just ask for them to support multiplayer that's existed since the 90s. We can't just ask for standards.

Excuse me but they spent god knows how much in marketing and other features. Don't tell me this is beyond them because we know it's not.
Well then complain to them then ! In case you don't know Gog has no control on that; they are not the ones who are going to implement missing features in games and they definitely don't have enough market share to impose it to anybody.

And for the record, I am the first one to regret the lack of LAN support in most recent games (recent as in since 10+ years ago) but, again, not under GoG control.

XyleDaylight: The irony of saying that on this very forum.
It's not irony, it's simply being realistic: Gog only has a fraction of Steam market share, it's nothing new, it's something that everybody knows (or at least should know), even if they have grown a lot in recent years they are still far being Steam.

XyleDaylight: Well excuse me for reading the actual store page. If the info is wrong you can hardly blame me. If there is a direct IP connect then I'll take back everything I said and put this one on my wishlist.
Like I said it's based on what others has said in this thread, I haven't downloaded the game yet so I don't know.
If Techland is putting games on GOG, can we get Chrome? That game is fuckin awesome.
MaGo72: So yeah, in my opinion the last standing pillar of GOG's principles starts to crumble. As I am not that interested in the multiplayer content of games here, it is not that severe for me.
Two Worlds... a game released on here in 2010 (six years ago, long before galaxy, regional pricing, etc...) and guess what, if you want to play it multiplayer you not only need an unique serial number but you must also activate this serial number online on the publisher server otherwise the game is in "demo mode" and refuse to let you start a multiplayer session.

And it's not the only game like that; before multiplayer was simply disabled unless there was a LAN option, required a serial/activation, required you to login on the devs/publishers servers, etc... Today it's still the same, the only difference is that, for some games, on top of what already existed for years, you have an extra, optional, option to use Galaxy should you want to.
tfishell: Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4aooc1/dying_light_the_following_available_on_gog_drm/

Some comments:

"One step forward.. and 1 big step back.
DRM-Free/GOG Galaxy is a great option to have for a PC game, but this is a coop/online game. Dividing the community is a terrible move, especially when its a 1-year old Steam community, vs a gog community. GOG doesn't stand a chance in this case, and probably not in many others against Steam."

"dying light uses steamworks for multiplayer so in order to make it work on gog they had to remove steamworks and implement the gog galaxy multiplayer libraries, I don't know if it's possible to use the gog galaxy libraries without having gog galaxy installed but I guess no so the only way to have cross play between gog and steam is to implement their own netcode"

"As much as I love GOG I feel like they are getting closer and closer to just selling games with DRM. They've started to sell a view games that are locked to having user accounts and being online to play multiplayer, they say it's DRM free because it has a single-player component... but I feel as if the main part of these games IS the multiplayer, and the single-player component is only a very small part of the game experience. Wargame is a prime example of this."
Im starting to think the people on reddit are just as bad as those on steam forums. Honestly.

Reading the above comments, can someone confirm whether this is meant to be primarily a coop/multiplayer game?.
Is there a decent single player option for those who are interested in that? (i assume the bulk of buyers)
Post edited March 17, 2016 by Niggles
XyleDaylight: Oh wow, I can believe whatever I want? Thanks for your permission on that again.

I did read it... and didn't respond to stuff that I never brought up... like not needing an internet connection for offline plau. Big whoop. Those the standards you're impressed by? Single player is not what I'm talking about.

And no, I won't call you if/when those things happen. You'll probably just try to justify them then, too.
It's not worth arguing with irrational people. Using a framework to make development easier, quicker and cheaper is not DRM. Not providing a certain feature, aka LAN does not suddenly make a game DRM.

DRM is used with the sole purpose of restricting usage of a product after sale, and there are valid reasons for using the Galaxy api or Steamworks to provide MP that have nothing to do with trying to restrict your usage.
Niggles: Im starting to think the people on reddit are just as bad as those on steam forums. Honestly.
Can confirm. Though it's not nearly as bad.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by BKGaming
Matruchus: Actually that dev said that they didn't sell enough game copies on gog to be worth for them to make a drm-free linux port available here.
Gersen: Which is basically what I said; they consider that Gog market share is not enough for the Linux version to be profitable, and I strongly suspect they are probably not the only one thinking like that.
It's GOG's business to demand treating releases in cross platform manner. If GOG don't - it shows how much they care.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by shmerl
Niggles: Im starting to think the people on reddit are just as bad as those on steam forums. Honestly.

Reading the above comments, can someone confirm whether this is meant to be primarily a coop/multiplayer game?.
Is there a decent single player option for those who are interested in that? (i assume the bulk of buyers)
This is primary single player game with a lot of story and content focused on it with optional co-op and pvp and with LAN (by means of as some of users who got game here stated, also by Memoriesin8bit on stream). That reddit article gives mental cancer equal to steam discussion forums and I began to suspect they are the same people by nicknames.

Basically biggest flaw of Dead Island was a game being fun in co-op but weak in single player so they made a game other way around, singie player game + co-op instead of co-op game + single player.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by HenitoKisou
tinyE: This game is the size of three months worth of bandwidth. :P
I remember those times... I seem to recall having only 2GB of bandwith per month at one point.
Here's a game i wasn't expecting to see here...
Gersen: Which is basically what I said; they consider that Gog market share is not enough for the Linux version to be profitable, and I strongly suspect they are probably not the only one thinking like that.
shmerl: It's GOG's business to demand treating releases in cross platform manner. If GOG don't - it shows how much they care.
GOG users are a small percentage of the PC Gaming market. Linux gamers are a tiny percentage of GOG users. Given this, how would GOG even have the leverage to demand cross-platform releases from publishers?
nvm

HenitoKisou: This is primary single player game with a lot of story and content focused on it with optional co-op and pvp and with LAN (by means of as some of users who got game here stated, also by Memoriesin8bit on stream). That reddit article gives mental cancer equal to steam discussion forums and I began to suspect they are the same people by nicknames.

Basically biggest flaw of Dead Island was a game being fun in co-op but weak in single player so they made a game other way around, singie player game + co-op instead of co-op game + single player.
Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah dead island got boring pretty quickly.....
Post edited March 17, 2016 by Niggles
shmerl: It's GOG's business to demand treating releases in cross platform manner. If GOG don't - it shows how much they care.
Flaose: GOG users are a small percentage of the PC Gaming market. Linux gamers are a tiny percentage of GOG users. Given this, how would GOG even have the leverage to demand cross-platform releases from publishers?
We don't know exactly how many users has the GOG store, and CDProjekt group refuses to share that info to the public..
That's very weird.
Grargar: Not really. The first two games, at the very least, are self-published on some stores (and the first one is also self-published on Steam).
So can Techland publish all CoJs on GOG? I really like Bound in Blood & Gunslinger.
kero42: Adapting their program to support the Galaxy API is an additional burden on the devs, and more likely than not this will make them think twice about preparing yet another DRM-free version of the game "just" for the Linux users.
Maybe, now that they've already done it one time, it will be much easier in the future and won't be so much of a burden that it turns them away.

Trying to stay positive. : )

---

Anyhoo, the community seems pretty jazzed about it so I guess I'm glad it's here.
Just realised. Physical copy is $69.95 AUD @ Ebgames (rrp). GOG charges $71.09 AUD (and that's with 17% launch discount)... what the....