It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
low rated
BKGaming: Not that I believe this to be DRM or anything...
Whether you believe it to be or not doesn't change the fact that it is. It is now mandatory to install an 'optional' client that requires an active account login to access parts of the game. Terraria didn't have this and I can play with steam users who are on Windows, all the way across on my DRM free version on Linux. If you personally find it ok (which is fine) then by all means just play all those 'DRM free' games on steam.

Gersen: And how exactly does it change anything compared as before ?

Before : You had the game DRM-free for the single player part. For the multiplayer it depended of the game and whenever or not it had a LAN option.

Today if you don't use Galaxy; You have the game DRM-free for the single player part. For the multiplayer it depends of the game and whenever or not it has a LAN option.

The only difference is that, for certain games, if it support Galaxy you might have an extra option to play multiplayer using it. If you don't care about Galaxy nothing have changed.
Nice mental gymnastics to justify shady business practices and a huge middle finger to long-standing customers.

Your arguement is pretty much this.

"Hey guys it's not DRM because you don't get to play the multiplayer and you never did!"

I'm well aware of some older titles on gog having keys or no linux support (even when there is support elsewhere). I figured it was an oversight or something too old and out of their hands to be able to fix at this point so it was a 'list or not list' situation for them which is understandable.

But Dying Light is a modern, popular title with fresh business deal from the looks of the frontpage... and the Galaxy client is a very deliberate implementation of DRM by GOG and the publishers of Dying Light that could have been decided against as being contrary to the ideology that DRM is never necessary... and although it may be difficult to resolve in the past, should never appear for future endeavors for GOG. That was a GOG standard I put my trust in and the only reason I felt building up a library of great titles was worth my time and money here.

More than anything I hope for a change. Never buying from here again until I see a circus-clown-tier backpedaling on this whole affair. But I won't hold my breath especially given the denial or apologist attitude of what seems to be the modern GOG consumers.

Navagon: Oh noes! Online multiplayer requires internet! Clearly this is some kind of conspiracy! Why can't we use telepathy like in the old days?
Online Multiplayer =/= DRM Client. Again, Terraria.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by XyleDaylight
This is getting ridiculous... Another title that has Linux support on Steam, but not here?!

Well, one more title that, if I ever want to buy, will be from Steam instead of GOG.

Good job, GOG, keep it up
XyleDaylight: Optional client? It's required for the multiplayer...
Haven't tried it yet, but multiplayer should be possible within a LAN without Galaxy. If so, you can use virtual private LAN services (like Tunngle, Hamachi or Evolve ) to play LAN-multiplayer over the Internet. Although it'll be using 3rd party services as well.
Matruchus: Eitherway, I guess gogs Linux chapter is coming to a close slowly.
Your comment on the Dying Light wishlist entry was very well put. Due to the lacking communication from GOG's side and the high quality of Metro's linux port, I have long gotten the impression that this is some kind of conspiracy. :P
Why would such a good port be withheld from us and why are all so-called AAA games released without the Linux version?
A fellow GOGger stated that there were issues with the Mac versions but none with the Linux version on Steam.

Maybe there really are issues that only concern the DRM-free version, though. Like with Worms World Party shortly after the release. Or maybe there are some libraries that are proprietary and owned by Steam.
Maybe AAA devs are simply dicks compared to Indie devs because those invest the time to make a DRM-free version without a Galaxy API. Maybe Indie games are DRM-free in the first place and that's why they don't have to wait for Galaxy.

So many questions and "maybe"s. I also wonder what it means that GOG commented on Metro but don't comment on other games.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by 0Grapher
I am now even more confused.
Just researching and found out, that this game seems to have a lan compatibility?
Could ANYONE that bought that game on GOG please verify?
So in principle a hamachi/tungle setup between GOG and Steam Buyers should work?
leon23: I am now even more confused.
Just researching and found out, that this game seems to have a lan compatibility?
Could ANYONE that bought that game on GOG please verify?
In the game specific forum someone already verified that.

leon23: So in principle a hamachi/tungle setup between GOG and Steam Buyers should work?
I don't know about that and I can't say either if you need Galaxy for the Lan mode.
You should ask in the game specific forum.
deesko666: This is getting ridiculous... Another title that has Linux support on Steam, but not here?!

Well, one more title that, if I ever want to buy, will be from Steam instead of GOG.

Good job, GOG, keep it up
Don't forget that this could be a sole decision by the devs/distributor or maybe multiplayer for Linux is heavily relying on Steam's framework, thus there was no easy way to migrate it to GOG or whatnot. I don't think GOG is very keen on loosing Linux customers to Steam without cause.
Would be an instabuy if this month weren't financially this rough and my machine were stronger. I'm a huge fan of Dead Island and have been meaning to get Dying Light since it was announced. Glad that thanks to waiting I'll be able to get it from GOG.
low rated
If one has to use 3rd party software or otherwise dance around outside the actual game just to to pseudo-LAN... you're doing it wrong. What is so hard about having a console command of 'connect <IP ADDRESS> ?
XyleDaylight: More than anything I hope for a change. Never buying from here again until I see a circus-clown-tier backpedaling on this whole affair.
Where are you going to buy then? On Itch.io, Humble, Indiebox or nowhere? If you're thinking about buying on Steam instead, don't. That would make the situation worse.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by 0Grapher
XyleDaylight: Whether you believe it to be or not doesn't change the fact that it is.
And just because you believe it is, doesn't make it true. See how that works.

Call me when you have limited installs, or need internet to play single player or can't copy the installer. Then we'll agree GOG has DRM.
Matruchus: I don't know it just seems to me that gog dropped support for Linux.
Well if you believe the AoW 3 devs the reason why we don't see many Linux version could also simply because devs don't consider the number of peoples interested by a Linux version on GoG is not significant enough for it to be worth the hassle.

After all peoples interested by the Linux version are already a minority if you add to that the fact that peoples buying on GoG are also a minority compared to Steam, it's understandable that some devs might no be very "motivated" to release the Linux version here, especially if they need to create a build specific for GoG. Heck it seem already hard to convince some to even spend time doing it for the Windows version....
XyleDaylight: If one has to use 3rd party software or otherwise dance around outside the actual game just to to pseudo-LAN... you're doing it wrong. What is so hard about having a console command of 'connect <IP ADDRESS> ?
You never used GameSpy have you kid?
0Grapher: Maybe there really are issues that only concern the DRM-free version, though. Like with Worms World Party shortly after the release. Or maybe there are some libraries that are proprietary and owned by Steam.
Maybe AAA devs are simply dicks compared to Indie devs because those invest the time to make a DRM-free version without a Galaxy API. Maybe Indie games are DRM-free in the first place and that's why they don't have to wait for Galaxy.

So many questions and "maybe"s. I also wonder what it means that GOG commented on Metro but don't comment on other games.
I don't know what is the reason for missing linux versions for a big amount of AAA games but surely gog could release at least one if it really was interested in providing linux support. I wonder what will happen when we get Cities: Skylines? Will it be without linux version again? At least for paradox games I don't understand why linux versions aren't here yet since all their games even on Steam are drm-free.
I really don't get the surprise about the multiplayer needing Galaxy,it was stated clearly when they announced it back in 2014

"We think GOG Galaxy really deserves your attention and we hope many of you will give it a try! But,here's the great thing: it is totally optional, so it's all up to you! If you do not want to play online, or use our optional client to access these features, then no worries, you will always be able to play the single-player mode 100% DRM-free, and download manually the latest updated version of your favorite title from our website."

Now,i don't care much about multiplayer in most cases and when i do i just want to get in the game and invite friends the fastest and easiest way possible,i get that some people may see it as drm but if you want to play multiplayer you have to be online anyway right?i guess it's up to the developers in case to provide a way to play multiplayer even without galaxy,not gog since it seems they never stated that.

Anyway,thanks GOG and Techland for bringing the game here,bought it and hoping to see dead island here soon.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by EraVasher