It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
jalister: It's not DRM, but it is Microsoft's way of trying to lock people into their OS only. I've always preferred OpenGL over DirectX for that reason alone. If a game only supports DirectX 12, that will be a game I never play.
I agree and I think it's ridiculous when a game runs better on Linux using OpenGL than on Windows with DirectX, even though DirectX is obviously so great ;), the game may be ported, not even fully native and their budget for the port was surely a lot lower than what the Windows devs could spend.
I've gotten the impression that if the devs try to make good Linux ports, the benefits of the newest DirectX versions are not significant. I'd like to see if the situation improves with Vulkan and a hopefully growing number of Linux gamers.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by 0Grapher
Ok i am a little bit confused about the "Multiplayer is available only between GOG Galaxy users" part.

Let´s assume i want to get this game and play it with my brother online.
Would we both need to buy the game or would it be enough, if i bought this game and gave him the installer.
Tannath: Is it just me, or does this look like Far Cry 3 with zombies?
Fenixp: It's focused on survival, first person parkuring (which works exceptionally well) and meele combat, so the core gameplay is quite a distance from being Far Cry 3 with zombies. Don't worry, it's a very different game (or... Well, worry, depending on how excited you were about the idea of another Far Cry)
Have to admit parkouring isnt my thing (i didnt like Mirrors Edge at all - not sure why ppl raved about it) -- how much of the game is running around doing that vs actual fighting, other stuff in the game?
thank you gog for game
Tannath: Is it just me, or does this look like Far Cry 3 with zombies?

Anyway, nice release, wishlisted.
There's a big difference between this and Far Cry 3 -

That is - Far Cry 3 isn't available here DRM-free, and this title is.

Hence I haven't played FC3 and won't until a DRM-free release is available.

I guess it doesn't hurt to know if it is otherwise similar (gameplay-wise), so if I do end up playing this one, and later, FC3 becomes available, then I might know a bit more about what I was getting.

Meanwhile, even if it was otherwise "similar" it wouldn't matter - because this title is here and that one isn't..
Niggles: Have to admit parkouring isnt my thing (i didnt like Mirrors Edge at all - not sure why ppl raved about it) -- how much of the game is running around doing that vs actual fighting, other stuff in the game?
I'll make it simple for you - if you don't like parkouring in Mirror's Edge, don't play this game. It's the primary method of movement around the city and staying too long on the ground will slow you down and zombies will eventually swarm and exhaust you. You're very much supposed to stay on rooftops and leap from structure to structure - in the base game at any rate. And since that's the primary movement system, it's what you'll do 80% of the time.
Niggles: Have to admit parkouring isnt my thing (i didnt like Mirrors Edge at all - not sure why ppl raved about it) -- how much of the game is running around doing that vs actual fighting, other stuff in the game?
Fenixp: I'll make it simple for you - if you don't like parkouring in Mirror's Edge, don't play this game. It's the primary method of movement around the city and staying too long on the ground will slow you down and zombies will eventually swarm and exhaust you. You're very much supposed to stay on rooftops and leap from structure to structure - in the base game at any rate. And since that's the primary movement system, it's what you'll do 80% of the time.
Interesting.

Are there "safe places" where you can hang out without threat if being swarmed? Like inside a closet or a floor of a building or a height where the zombies can't get at you?

So that I could, for example, go refill my coffee without having to pause the game while I was gone - because I "parked" in a "safe place"?
Dying Light? A rather recent AAA release DRM-Free? This is VERY good news for the library all things considered.
leon23: Ok i am a little bit confused about the "Multiplayer is available only between GOG Galaxy users" part.

Let´s assume i want to get this game and play it with my brother online.
Would we both need to buy the game or would it be enough, if i bought this game and gave him the installer.
Eh I don't know if anyone has really tried. Not sure if Galaxy actually checks if the game is on your account or not when your try to play online. Be meaning to test this myself, just don't feel like making a new account.

However your technically only licensed one copy that isn't to be used at the same time as another copy is being used... so it's not like your should be doing that anyway.
Fenixp: I'll make it simple for you - if you don't like parkouring in Mirror's Edge, don't play this game. It's the primary method of movement around the city and staying too long on the ground will slow you down and zombies will eventually swarm and exhaust you. You're very much supposed to stay on rooftops and leap from structure to structure - in the base game at any rate. And since that's the primary movement system, it's what you'll do 80% of the time.
Martek: Interesting.

Are there "safe places" where you can hang out without threat if being swarmed? Like inside a closet or a floor of a building or a height where the zombies can't get at you?

So that I could, for example, go refill my coffee without having to pause the game while I was gone - because I "parked" in a "safe place"?
If its like the demo (I played the demo a few weeks ago), then there are some safe areas which you can safely go afk and get your cup of coffee
Martek: Interesting.

There are literal safe places - as in, places on the map into which you can step and be 100% safe from zombies. If you climb high enough, chances are zombies won't get to you either, but they're actually quite proficient at climbing themselves so you can never be completely certain.
Great, will there be crossplay between GOG Galaxy and Steam? I wonder if Steam is able to prevent that digitally...
Looks rad, really happy to see this here!
Pos1: Great, will there be crossplay between GOG Galaxy and Steam? I wonder if Steam is able to prevent that digitally...
I wonder if the crossplay maybe a bit problematic - looking at the steam store page the steam version has VAC (not sure how gog galaxyl handles crossplay between Valve Anti Cheat servers)
low rated
Optional client?

It's required for the multiplayer. What a joke! DRM free my butt. Also good job not including the Linux version. I'm out of here.