It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dream on...

<span class="bold">Dream</span>, a game of exploration and wonder, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount!

Do you remember your dreams? Do you ever confuse reality with the lives you're being torn out of? Do you ever miss them? Dream is a game that explores the things that come from the deepest, most subconscious recesses of your brain. It's an atmospheric, first person exploration game with puzzle elements and open, free worlds to discover at your own pace. The developers list amazingly surrealist titles like LSD: Dream Emulator and Yume Nikki among their inspirations, and the love and wonder shows every step of the way. Dream tells the story of Howard Phillips, a young man whose every waking moment is a depressing haze of aimless vegetation, but whose dreams are powerful, lucid, unforgettable. You will become Howard, and you'll find that a whole another life awaits. A better life. A dream life.

What's the best <span class="bold">Dream</span> you've ever had? It might just be this one--DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week until Friday, August 7, 3:59 PM GMT.
Think I must have this. Thanks GOG!
Wishlisted, as my funds are a bit short to justify adding this to my backlog at the moment. :) However, I have a question. The gamecard states, "The worlds of Howard’s dreams are accompanied by an enchanting original soundtrack from composer Norman Legies. The Dream OST is available to purchase along with the game."

As the soundtrack isn't an included goodie (*sadface*), will it be available as a separate purchase on GOG, or is this referring to the possibility of buying it somewhere else altogether?
I am a fan of Ether One and the devs of Ether One recommended this game so I am really interested. Set on the wishlist for the moment.
penumbren: As the soundtrack isn't an included goodie (*sadface*), will it be available as a separate purchase on GOG, or is this referring to the possibility of buying it somewhere else altogether?
I'm curious about this as well. It's definitely not in the purchase, there are no extras, just the game. And I don't see the OST linked on the gamecard for purchase here. GOG?
I have been keeping an eye on this for a while and actually had it on my steam wishlist
but I cant buy it now due to limited funds but will do when i get some money in again.
At least i can remove it from my steam wishlist.
Might be interesting, unfortunately just a tad too expensive for me right now.
From the game card: "The Dream OST is available to purchase along with the game."
Not on Gog, no it isn't. (oh, it's already been pointed out...)

Last night, I dreamt that Gog had fixed the forum and the chat system. Is there an oniromancer among you?
Post edited August 01, 2015 by Dalswyn
This is definitely way more interesting to me than most puzzle-adventure games. I love PnC adventure games, but I usually only play them if their style is more the MacGuyver-ing of the environment with the objects you collect kind of thing (though those could be called "puzzles", that's not the type I mean) rather than do individual puzzles that aren't so much a logical part of the environment, ie The 7th Guest (though that was so compelling at the time it came out that I enjoyed it and have a soft spot for it now!)

This seems like another game that I think could win me over for how compelling and unique it is. It looks great! And I want to support the team doing what they're doing. I like the idea of supporting the more artistic projects and teams, like Shelter and Her Story, where it is more about an experience than "playing a game." Though this seems more of a game than just an experience too.

I think in Dream it looks like I'll enjoy at least some of the puzzling. It more often feels like a tedious task to complete so I can continue to experience the game. It's not that I find them necessarily hard either, most of the time, it's just not what I want to spend my brain energy doing while playing an adventure most of the time and so it makes me lose a bit of interest and focus on what is going on and breaks it my immersion, but Dream doesn't seem like it will do that, at least not nearly as much as a lot of similar type games.

Multiple endings and paths is !!!! More adventure games need that, IMO.
penumbren: Wishlisted, as my funds are a bit short to justify adding this to my backlog at the moment. :) However, I have a question. The gamecard states, "The worlds of Howard’s dreams are accompanied by an enchanting original soundtrack from composer Norman Legies. The Dream OST is available to purchase along with the game."

As the soundtrack isn't an included goodie (*sadface*), will it be available as a separate purchase on GOG, or is this referring to the possibility of buying it somewhere else altogether?
Sorry, there was a mistake in the game card text. This has now been removed.

Apologies for the confusion, everyone.
JudasIscariot: Sorry, there was a mistake in the game card text. This has now been removed.

Apologies for the confusion, everyone.
That makes me sad. :( Maybe we can hope to see it show up at a later date...
"Dream is an exploration game that takes place within the subconscious mind of Howard Phillips"

So, does that mean any Great Old Ones show up?
low rated
I'm so glad the tolerant staff at GOG don't allow nasty things with gameplay, like Hatred (devs should be shot in my opinion, I hate them so much), to be bought and only allow true gems with no gameplay like this and Gone Homo on their store.

Thanks for curating a very progressive game collection, GOG. I look forward to knowing that all games on your site only include doubleplus goodthink.
Immoli: I'm so glad the tolerant staff at GOG don't allow nasty things with gameplay, like Hatred (devs should be shot in my opinion, I hate them so much), to be bought and only allow true gems with no gameplay like this and Gone Homo on their store.

Thanks for curating a very progressive game collection, GOG. I look forward to knowing that all games on your site only include doubleplus goodthink.
I don't know if you are seriously or sarcastic here (maybe a language barrier here) but if you really think hatred should be banned and the devs should be shot you should really take a look at Totalbiscuit's WTF video. He says some very interesting things about violent games in general and why he thinks that adult people shouldn't have such a problem with them - if they like to play them at all that is. But since you also gave a negative comment about Gone Home (Gone Homo - still don't get how somebody in 2015 could have a problem with gay relationships, but that is just me) and in the same scentence thanked GOG for this game you might want to say something completely different here. As I said - don't really understand what you were trying to say here - maybe you could explain it to me.
Another walking simulator?
Post edited August 01, 2015 by Crosmando