It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The bold and the beautiful.

Dragon's Lair Trilogy is now available DRM-free on GOG.com. It contains both Dragon's Lair games, plus their sci-fi cousin Space Ace.

Even if you've never tried Dragon's Lair or Dragon's Lair: Time Warp before, it's hard to ignore their pop-culture footprint. A pretty straightforward story of a heroic knight braving all sorts of traps to save a princess in distress, made into an arcade legend thanks to the fluid animation, beautiful cartoon visuals, and...erm...challenging QTEs that bankrupted many a wee lad.

Its sci-fi counterpart, Space Ace, stars the intrepid Ace as he tries to grow the hell up and win back the lovely Kimberly. Would be nice if he could also thwart Borf's unsavory plan and save the rest of humanity from being reduced to defenseless infants.

All three games have been remastered and contain sweet extras, like interviews with the creators or insights on how their amazing animation came to be.
Fairfox: anyhoohar
why does this title has so many releases ovah so many years
'n'
why does it seem to nevah get it rite?

as somebody naht existin' back then wuts actual lee gud 'boot it
liek
is it really just peeps who are nostalgic ovah perdy non-cgi cartoon era?
which is fine
buuut shirley tahts 'boot it other than happy memories (c: nostalgia)

i want 2 learn buuut i dont get it
It's okay. I don't understand what you're going on about either (wink).
Catmancer: I read trilogy and thought the third drangon's lair was gonna be including forgetting that space ace is usually bundled inthe collection. I'm excited either way!
Lucian_Galca: I was confused about that too as I was pretty sure there wasn't a third Dragon's Lair game with the QTE gameplay. There is this however:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dragons-lair-3d-return-to-the-lair
Yup, that's the game I was talking about, but I figured they wouldn't include it because it's so different.
GOG.com: The bold and the beautiful.

Dragon's Lair Trilogy is now available DRM-free on GOG.com. It contains both Dragon's Lair games, plus their sci-fi cousin Space Ace.

Even if you've never tried Dragon's Lair or Dragon's Lair: Time Warp before, it's hard to ignore their pop-culture footprint. A pretty straightforward story of a heroic knight braving all sorts of traps to save a princess in distress, made into an arcade legend thanks to the fluid animation, beautiful cartoon visuals, and...erm...challenging QTEs that bankrupted many a wee lad.

Its sci-fi counterpart, Space Ace, stars the intrepid Ace as he tries to grow the hell up and win back the lovely Kimberly. Would be nice if he could also thwart Borf's unsavory plan and save the rest of humanity from being reduced to defenseless infants.

All three games have been remastered and contain sweet extras, like interviews with the creators or insights on how their amazing animation came to be.
Hi,

I need to know if they made improvement to remove the guessing on those games.

I have played a Dragon's Lair game in the past, and the action you had to do was indicated on the screen, it was challenging enough. However on the original Dragon's Lair, I remember it was pure guess work and sometimes the action made no sense at all.

There's no 2 hours refund policy on gog so before I buy I need to make sure because if it's a 1:1 of the arcade game I am not interested
Zangdaarr: Hi,

I need to know if they made improvement to remove the guessing on those games.

I have played a Dragon's Lair game in the past, and the action you had to do was indicated on the screen, it was challenging enough. However on the original Dragon's Lair, I remember it was pure guess work and sometimes the action made no sense at all.

There's no 2 hours refund policy on gog so before I buy I need to make sure because if it's a 1:1 of the arcade game I am not interested
This is the same version as being sold on Steam AFAIK, so you could check it out there.
What is the release year of Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp for DOS? And also Laserdisc.
Wikipedia actually has good references which point to November 1990 and January 1991:
https://archive.org/details/theone-magazine-26/page/n15/mode/2up
https://archive.org/details/theone-magazine-28/page/n115/mode/2up

But why did they have year 1991 on all their pages?
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Lair_II:_Time_Warp]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Lair_II:_Time_Warp[/url]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Lair
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Corporation

Anyway, I already changed 6 times 1991 to 1990, one was for Laserdisc.

But there's still some contradictory statements, it says in arcades eight years later than the original one, 1983+8=1991.
It also says "Around the time the Arcade was out, an abridged version was released for the Amiga home computers by ReadySoft." So that means it came out for home computers also in 1991.
But it was already in 1990 magazines and it doesn't seem like just some preview. It even says:
"Dragon's Lair II: Timewarp, is released at the end of November on Atari ST, Amiga and PC". It doesn't say year, but magazine is from November 1990, so it can't be 1991.
This is really puzzling to me, hope anyone can help me ease my mind.

These are the years I found on other sites:
Google - 1990
Wikipedia - 1991
Dragon's Lair Wiki (dragonslair.fandom.com) - 1991
IMDb - 1991
MobyGames - 1990
Steam - 1991
abandonwaredos.com - 1990

On gog.com it's: Character Designs © 1983-1991 Don Bluth

Also I see there's a DVD version, which version does GOG have? Probably DOS with DOSBox?
Post edited August 15, 2020 by robip85
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/studios/don-bluth-launches-new-studio-to-usher-in-renaissance-of-hand-drawn-animation-196399.html

Don Bluth Launches New Studio To Usher In ‘Renaissance Of Hand-Drawn Animation’

While Netflix develops an adaptation of his iconic game Dragon’s Lair, Don Bluth, 82, is looking ahead to future projects. The animation legend behind The Secret of NIMH and The Land Before Time has launched a new venture, Don Bluth Studios, with the express goal to create “new characters, new ideas, and new cartoons.”

The announcement was published on the studio’s Facebook page. “We believe the public is craving another renaissance of hand-drawn animation,” it continues. “Our goal is to make that dream become a reality.”

One of its first projects is Bluth Fables, which is based on “multiple short stories similar to nursery rhymes and Aesop fables” written by Bluth himself. This and other ideas are fleshed out in a number of live streams hosted by the studio, which have since been uploaded to Youtube:

Lavalle Lee - Don Bluth Studios - Coloring & Cleaning (Part 3)

These live streams are indicative of Don Bluth Studios’s approach to development. “Our company will be VERY transparent,” it states, “showcasing and updating the public with concept art, pencil tests, model sheets, animatics, and much much more. We are excited to show everyone what we have been working on. Please join us in our new adventure!”

The studio has appointed animator Lavalle Lee as vice president. Lee first started studying with Bluth in 2009, and is the man behind several blogs and websites including Traditional Animation, a resource on all things hand-drawn animation. He was a project leader at Bluth’s previous venture Don Bluth Films, in which capacity he helped spearhead a crowdfunding campaign for a feature adaptation of Dragon’s Lair (a 1980s game franchise co-created by Bluth).

The campaign resulted in a pitch presentation in 2017. Last March, it was revealed that Netflix had picked up the rights to the game and is developing a feature - in live action.

Unlikely, but if they would also branch off into games, maybe by teaming up with Studio MDHR, that'd great.
robip85: Also I see there's a DVD version, which version does GOG have? Probably DOS with DOSBox?
Game was completely remade using video files and unity game engine. No port, no old PC version.