It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Conquering galaxies far far away.

Distant Worlds: Universe is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 67% launch discount until December 26.
Welcome to a sprawling 4x space RTS-with pause filled with life, challenges, and opportunity. Galactic storms, alien civilizations, black holes, space pirates and monsters - they are all in a collision course with your ambitions, as you explore up to 14,000 star systems made up of 50,000 planets and make your own destiny.

Check out the rest of the Slitherine Ltd. space epics which arrived together with this at GOG.com.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by maladr0Id
Dat normal price.
Redfoxe: Dat normal price.
not if I'm going to buy it :P
£45 for it non-discounted price seems rather high.
What a surprise! Slitherine group finally join in GOG!
Distant Worlds is quite good game, It has worth for a bit high price.
Hope other Slitherine/Matrix Games such as Field of Glory 2 will be here too.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by yoshino
mechmouse: £45 for it non-discounted price seems rather high.
As much as I like the games that Slitherine publishes, they are notoriously expensive.
Never thought I would see this (or any other Slitherine games) on GOG. Nice release. Any chance for GOG Connect?
Yes!, finally, Slitherine games in GOG... and yes, the games of Slitherine are usually expensive (take a look at War in the East).
The launch promo for these Slitherine games is unusually long at three weeks. I'm guessing the 26th is the end date of the Winter Sale, whenever that might start.
this looks pretty cool (except for the price)

System requirements
Additional Notes: Requires Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer
what?
not sure I can support that in good conscience :p
I'm seriously tempted to get this, but I'll wait for some reviews before deciding... mostly for potential issues with the Gog version (missing updates, features, etc.).
Whee! Possibly the most revolutionary 4X of the last decade! Wishlisted for now, since I already have it on Steam (one of the rare non-DRMed games over there) and can't justify the expense of a pure "support the creator" second copy right now.
DW:U ($53.29) is a full pack, which includes the base game and 3 expansions (full expansions, not nickel-and-dime DLCs), plus a few updates. You should be comparing it not to, say, GalCiv3 ($26.43) but to GalCiv3 + all DLCs (currently $85.93, will likely rise in the future).

EDIT: this large of a discount is quite rare for this game, on Steam I've seen it go over 50% only once or twice.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by piccolo255
I've had my eye on this one for so long, elsewhere, but I've yet to see it for much less than this price. Right or wrong, I just don't pay that much for a game this old.
So many space games... none of them Star Trek :(
piccolo255: Whee! Possibly the most revolutionary 4X of the last decade! Wishlisted for now, since I already have it on Steam (one of the rare non-DRMed games over there) and can't justify the expense of a pure "support the creator" second copy right now.
piccolo255: DW:U ($53.29) is a full pack, which includes the base game and 3 expansions (full expansions, not nickel-and-dime DLCs), plus a few updates. You should be comparing it not to, say, GalCiv3 ($26.43) but to GalCiv3 + all DLCs (currently $85.93, will likely rise in the future).
Thanks for the info.