It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a giant walking dice and battle to the end of an ever-changing dungeon! The Dicey Dungeons game is now available on GOG.COM sporting a 66% discount that will last until 4th October 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
GOG.com: Become a giant walking dice and battle to the end of an ever-changing dungeon! The Dicey Dungeons game is now available on GOG.COM sporting a 66% discount that will last until 4th October 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Does it have DRM?
LordCephy: Terry's other game, VVVVV, is one of my favorite games even though I don't normally like pure action games just because it has a bunch of accessibility options like being able to turn off screen shaking effects, animated backgrounds and other problematic features. The slow down option means that I can play VVVVV during the winter months when my wrists tend to be stiff and my reaction times are not as good.
It really is nice when games include that feature.

Celeste (available DRM-free on itch.io) is another gae that has similar accessibility features. (No option about backgrounds, but does have options to turn off flashing and screen shaking, as well as slowdown and dash assist.)

Also, you're missing a V; the game is called VVVVVV (6 V's). There is apparently a different game called VVVVV (5 V's).
Well, you can say that GOG is in.... dicey situation right now.
LordCephy: Terry's other game, VVVVV, is one of my favorite games even though I don't normally like pure action games just because it has a bunch of accessibility options like being able to turn off screen shaking effects, animated backgrounds and other problematic features. The slow down option means that I can play VVVVV during the winter months when my wrists tend to be stiff and my reaction times are not as good.
dtgreene: It really is nice when games include that feature.

Celeste (available DRM-free on itch.io) is another gae that has similar accessibility features. (No option about backgrounds, but does have options to turn off flashing and screen shaking, as well as slowdown and dash assist.)

Also, you're missing a V; the game is called VVVVVV (6 V's). There is apparently a different game called VVVVV (5 V's).
I fixed my prior post to include the missing V. :) I like when developers include accessibility features as it means that the game in question can be played by people that otherwise would avoid it. I have Celeste also as it was part of that big massive bundle that came out months ago on itch.io, so I'll have to check it out.
dtgreene: It really is nice when games include that feature.

LordCephy: I fixed my prior post to include the missing V. :) I like when developers include accessibility features as it means that the game in question can be played by people that otherwise would avoid it. I have Celeste also as it was part of that big massive bundle that came out months ago on itch.io, so I'll have to check it out.
They also allow players to experience the game in different ways.

Incidentally, there is an assist mode showcase for VVVVVV on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMA5L-wMBA
LordCephy: I fixed my prior post to include the missing V. :) I like when developers include accessibility features as it means that the game in question can be played by people that otherwise would avoid it. I have Celeste also as it was part of that big massive bundle that came out months ago on itch.io, so I'll have to check it out.
dtgreene: They also allow players to experience the game in different ways.

it would be nice to have an easy mode for Super Hexagon as well, to have more people to experience it. If you want you can use Cheaat Engine to slow it down (I used it to train until I beat it at normal speed).

This is why we need to be able to edit our reviews on this website as my review for VVVVVV was based entirely on the accessibility features. It would have been nice to include a link to a video that showcases them.

Oh and The Tower was rough my first play through back in May. It wasn't until I replayed the game in August that I was able to get through it at normal speed but when I'm likely to get around to playing it again in November or December, I'll be back to needing the slow down again.

It's too bad about Super Hexagon.
I was a bit conflicted about this, especially about all the bling bling that might be too much for my eyes. Thankfully there is a mod that reduces the stress on the eyes a bit:

https://plokmijnuhby.itch.io/no-flash

I have played a bit now and it seems quite solid. Easy to understand, no bloat yet somewhat solid depth. I'm not sure I like the silly humor but a game needs a theme I guess. Worth the price and good for not too long rounds. It seems to be destined for mobile devices though where it is not avaiable.
Post edited September 29, 2021 by Looger23

LordCephy: This is why we need to be able to edit our reviews on this website as my review for VVVVVV was based entirely on the accessibility features. It would have been nice to include a link to a video that showcases them.

Oh and The Tower was rough my first play through back in May. It wasn't until I replayed the game in August that I was able to get through it at normal speed but when I'm likely to get around to playing it again in November or December, I'll be back to needing the slow down again.

One little easter egg that the video fails to mention:
* Turn on flip mode, then go to The Tower (even in normal gameplay), then listen to the music that plays there. (In 2.3, you can even toggle flip mode during gameplay, and if you're in The Tower, the music will actually change there.)

2.3 also has a Glitchrunner mode, which re-enables glitches that have been fixed, so if you happen to watch a speedrun or glitch exhibition of this game, you can use this mode to try it at home. (The video doesn't mention this because it was made before 2.3 came out.)

By the way, Terry Cavenaugh has talked a bit about updating Super Hexagon, so perhaps he'll add an assist mode then?

Looger23: I was a bit conflicted about this, especially about all the bling bling that might be too much for my eyes. Thankfully there is a mod that reduces the stress on the eyes a bit:

https://plokmijnuhby.itch.io/no-flash
Good to see players making accessibility mods for games that might need them (though having the dev put them in would be even better, but chances are the dev can't think of everything).

This reminds me of, whenever a game with spiders in it is released, one of the very first mods for it is one that replaces them with something else so that people with arachnophobia can enjoy the game. In fact, such mods are sometimes made before modding tools are released (Legend of Grimrock), or even for games without modding tools at all (The Elder Scrolls: Arena). I haven't yet heard of a romhack for an old console game that replaces spiders with something else, but I'd be surprised if no such hack exists.
Post edited September 29, 2021 by dtgreene
LordCephy: This is why we need to be able to edit our reviews on this website as my review for VVVVVV was based entirely on the accessibility features. It would have been nice to include a link to a video that showcases them.

dtgreene: One little easter egg that the video fails to mention:
* Turn on flip mode, then go to The Tower (even in normal gameplay), then listen to the music that plays there. (In 2.3, you can even toggle flip mode during gameplay, and if you're in The Tower, the music will actually change there.)

2.3 also has a Glitchrunner mode, which re-enables glitches that have been fixed, so if you happen to watch a speedrun or glitch exhibition of this game, you can use this mode to try it at home. (The video doesn't mention this because it was made before 2.3 came out.)

By the way, Terry Cavenaugh has talked a bit about updating Super Hexagon, so perhaps he'll add an assist mode then?
Super Hexagon would need a slow down mode for me to consider it as the biggest issue from watching videos is that the graphics move fast enough to trigger either a migraine or motion sickness. I love the music though, so here's hoping that happens.

I ended up getting a new computer earlier this month, which was a 100% valid reason to reset the backlog to zero games completed. Since I am about to purchase a few more games today, I should also reset the playing batch... totally valid reasons to get around to replaying VVVVVV again within the upcoming week instead of pushing replaying it out to something much later. (Yes, I really want to hear what The Tower sounds like in flip mode now.)
LordCephy: Super Hexagon would need a slow down mode for me to consider it as the biggest issue from watching videos is that the graphics move fast enough to trigger either a migraine or motion sickness. I love the music though, so here's hoping that happens. want to hear what The Tower sounds like in flip mode now.)
as I said, just open it in Cheat Engine and choose the speed you like.