It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't throw them with idle hands.

Devil Daggers is now available on GOG.com, 25% off until April 17, 1pm UTC.
Time is relative, isn't it? Waiting for the Next Big Game™ to finish downloading seems to be taking eons, while surviving in a first-person arena swarming with floating demons from HELL appears to only last a couple of seconds. Probably because it actually does.
Point is, you just need to keep at it, perfect your swift moves and dagger-throwing technique, and the Leaderboards may soon be hosting your initials. Maybe.

Additional note: Some of the game's functionalities (creating a custom account, submitting scores to leaderboards, watching replays) require an Internet connection.
Wow. This game is a lot more fun to play than the videos make it look. I almost missed out on this one.
IronArcturus: Does the game engine use OpenGL or DirectX?
Im kind of curious too. The games store page says "1990s software-style rendering with unfiltered textures and polygon jitter." Does this mean its just trying to mimic a software renderer, or is it actually using one?
Great... the top review for the game isn't a review, and people here eat it up because it says DRM. This place...
This is one of my all time favorite "arcade" style games. It's basically a top-down survival shooter (Kinda like Smash TV) but in first-person. For being so simple to play, it's extremely hard to master. The farthest I got on my Steam copy is 300-something seconds and I go back to it often.
yogsloth: What in hell am I looking at?

I'm shooting an orangey smear in a sensory deprivation tank? Endlessly?

Another one for the "how the BLEEP does this game get on GOG when my favorite game got rejected" file.
im going to have to agree with you on this one, looks like some cheap android game you play for 15min while waiting in line somewhere.
Not interested but hey, it had 230+ votes so I'm happy its here. :) Hopefully it sells well.
high rated
micktiegs_8: Great... the top review for the game isn't a review, and people here eat it up because it says DRM. This place...
Not sure what you're complaining about? That particular review warns people about the required 3rd party online account, something which is important to many GOG users. Meanwhile, it also says this: "This game is a masterpiece, it's one of the best arcade shooters released in the last few years."

So it's actually praise for the game, but also contains a warning, for those who care about that sort of a thing. A useful post, hence why people are up-voting it.
m4ttbush: I'll look in to adding offline score/replay saving.
How long will this approximately take?
micktiegs_8: Great... the top review for the game isn't a review, and people here eat it up because it says DRM. This place...
CharlesGrey: Not sure what you're complaining about? That particular review warns people about the required 3rd party online account, something which is important to many GOG users. Meanwhile, it also says this: "This game is a masterpiece, it's one of the best arcade shooters released in the last few years."

So it's actually praise for the game, but also contains a warning, for those who care about that sort of a thing. A useful post, hence why people are up-voting it.
If one line of text saying a game is a masterpiece followed by criticism of software implementation is considered a review, then I've been looking at reputable sources all wrong.
high rated
m4ttbush: I'll look in to adding offline score/replay saving.
Berzerk2002: How long will this approximately take?
Should be able to get it finished tomorrow.
m4ttbush: Should be able to get it finished tomorrow.
That sounds great.
Picked up the game earlier today. Awesome game. Can't wait for the offline score/replay saving. Thank you for working on it.
high rated
CharlesGrey: Not sure what you're complaining about? That particular review warns people about the required 3rd party online account, something which is important to many GOG users. Meanwhile, it also says this: "This game is a masterpiece, it's one of the best arcade shooters released in the last few years."

micktiegs_8: If one line of text saying a game is a masterpiece followed by criticism of software implementation is considered a review, then I've been looking at reputable sources all wrong.
Well , if GoG made it clearer that the game requires a 3rd party for online features and that you can't even save your score offline - we wouldn't need such a review. Since GoG doesn't have that information on the game page I find it perfectly reasonable for someone to put that info on the game page itself via the review system.

I personally consider that info critical so I upvoted that review.
Hmm... retro SW-like 3D renderer... quake-like gameplay ... my OS (linux) supported.

And now offline score+replays "confirmed" (i.e. unless something very horrible happens in next few days, looks like it will be done and released).

For me that is enough, bought. :) Good luck Mr.Matt.
Berzerk2002: How long will this approximately take?
m4ttbush: Should be able to get it finished tomorrow.
You do that and I'll buy the game!
tremere110: Since GoG doesn't have that information on the game page...
It does.