It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't throw them with idle hands.

Devil Daggers is now available on GOG.com, 25% off until April 17, 1pm UTC.
Time is relative, isn't it? Waiting for the Next Big Game™ to finish downloading seems to be taking eons, while surviving in a first-person arena swarming with floating demons from HELL appears to only last a couple of seconds. Probably because it actually does.
Point is, you just need to keep at it, perfect your swift moves and dagger-throwing technique, and the Leaderboards may soon be hosting your initials. Maybe.

Additional note: Some of the game's functionalities (creating a custom account, submitting scores to leaderboards, watching replays) require an Internet connection.
low rated
deleted
high rated
Desmight: Just a little update: I can sadly confirm that the "custom" account doesn't work offline, not even for your own scores/replays. If you want to store your score and/or your replay, you need a 3rd party Sorath account and an internet connection. What a shame, honesly.
nightcraw1er.488: Why is it a shame? This is the new norm, if any part of the game can be played offline, or even if there is only a promise of an offline component the it is fully and truly DRM free.
Honestly, I'm fine with the internet connection requirement for asynchronous multiplayer (like leaderboards). The 3rd party account requirement, on the other hand, is a totally different thing. A lot of games need GOG Galaxy (and a GOG account) for most of their multiplayer functionalities, here, but requiring another account (and relying on another online platform) sucks. It's the same for cases like Van Helsing, and we should be more loud about it.
Desmight: The 3rd party account requirement, on the other hand, is a totally different thing. A lot of games need GOG Galaxy (and a GOG account) for most of their multiplayer functionalities, here, but requiring another account (and relying on another online platform) sucks. It's the same for cases like Van Helsing, and we should be more loud about it.
I agree. It's ridiculous that a 3rd-party online account is needed for a singleplayer game. GOG needs to fix this.
MartiusR: I've seen this game only on gameplays - I admit that I like this delicate "vibe" of Hexen/Heretic style, BUT

a)Lack of background is IMO too tiring for eyes
b)I can't imagine how long would I be able to play in such "survival" FPS. It would work well as some additional mode, but as entire game? I'm sceptical.

Although I would definitelly try this game if it would have some "proper"/classic single-player mode.
Same. It looks kinda interesting, but I doubt a highscore based/Arcade style game is going to hold my attention for more than a few minutes.
amok: Anyway - another case of yet again a bit to slow, gOg? 2 Years late, this time...
Really? Wonder why the dev and GOG even bothered to release it here, so long after its original release. Maybe they've been working on a new game and have plans of releasing it on GOG?
Post edited April 10, 2018 by CharlesGrey
IronArcturus: I agree. It's ridiculous that a 3rd-party online account is needed for a singleplayer game. GOG needs to fix this.
If I understood correctly, the 3rd-party account is not needed for the singleplayer portion of the game, which is basically the entire game except for the part where you compare your performance with that of other players.

It's not nice that this is done through a separate network, but I don't think it impacts the completeness of the offline game. (Most leaderboards tend to consist only of cheater scores, anyway.)
high rated
IronArcturus: I agree. It's ridiculous that a 3rd-party online account is needed for a singleplayer game. GOG needs to fix this.
Anamon: If I understood correctly, the 3rd-party account is not needed for the singleplayer portion of the game, which is basically the entire game except for the part where you compare your performance with that of other players.
You can't save your own score (the game doesn't "remember it") and the replay attached to it, without the Sorath account. If you close the game and restart it again with a guest account, your highscore gets wiped, it actually affects the singleplayer enjoyment of Devil Daggers.
Post edited April 10, 2018 by user deleted
amok: It may not be the prettiest girl in class, but the gameplay is spot on. It currently have a Overwhelmingly Positive (95% of 3,113 reviews) on Steam. Guess it depends if you favor looks over substance.
A demo would help this game to sell. Its marketing makes hard even to fathom why anyone would care playing it, and there must be reasons for that. Is it really just about killing in a void arena? Even DOOM, which the blurb alludes to, had more of a plot and scenery. Maybe there are some interesting mechanics?
MartiusR: I've seen this game only on gameplays - I admit that I like this delicate "vibe" of Hexen/Heretic style, BUT

a)Lack of background is IMO too tiring for eyes
b)I can't imagine how long would I be able to play in such "survival" FPS. It would work well as some additional mode, but as entire game? I'm sceptical.

Although I would definitelly try this game if it would have some "proper"/classic single-player mode.
CharlesGrey: Same. It looks kinda interesting, but I doubt a highscore based/Arcade style game is going to hold my attention for more than a few minutes.
amok: Anyway - another case of yet again a bit to slow, gOg? 2 Years late, this time...
CharlesGrey: Really? Wonder why the dev and GOG even bothered to release it here, so long after its original release. Maybe they've been working on a new game and have plans of releasing it on GOG?
no idea... not even sure if Sorath even exists anymore...
high rated
Anamon: If I understood correctly, the 3rd-party account is not needed for the singleplayer portion of the game, which is basically the entire game except for the part where you compare your performance with that of other players.

It's not nice that this is done through a separate network, but I don't think it impacts the completeness of the offline game. (Most leaderboards tend to consist only of cheater scores, anyway.)
Desmight:
"I can sadly confirm that the "custom" account doesn't work offline, not even for your own scores/replays. If you want to store your score and/or your replay, you need a 3rd party Sorath account and an internet connection."

This is really unacceptable. GOG should not be supporting DRM.
amok: It may not be the prettiest girl in class, but the gameplay is spot on. It currently have a Overwhelmingly Positive (95% of 3,113 reviews) on Steam. Guess it depends if you favor looks over substance.
Carradice: A demo would help this game to sell. Its marketing makes hard even to fathom why anyone would care playing it, and there must be reasons for that. Is it really just about killing in a void arena? Even DOOM, which the blurb alludes to, had more of a plot and scenery. Maybe there are some interesting mechanics?
it is what it is. the main purpose is to survive as long as possible, that's more or less it

to be honest, it was OK, but I have not played it in a long while and doubt I will come back to it anytime soon. It has a cult following and modding support, but too hard for me. I preferred Tower of Guns in this genre, it is more structured .
Post edited April 10, 2018 by amok

IronArcturus: Desmight:
"I can sadly confirm that the "custom" account doesn't work offline, not even for your own scores/replays. If you want to store your score and/or your replay, you need a 3rd party Sorath account and an internet connection."

This is really unacceptable. GOG should not be supporting DRM.
It doesn't, it states that internet connection is not drm (as do the apologists and galaxy defenders). Hence the game is fine and drm free. Too late to start complaining, this is the new age.
high rated
Was excited to see this here until I saw that scores can't be saved offline. That's one of the most idiotic things I've seen in a while. So I'll be skipping this. Such a shame...
There's a simple reason that this game has no demo - it is a demo.
high rated
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look in to adding offline score/replay saving.
m4ttbush: Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look in to adding offline score/replay saving.
I'm sincerely glad to read that, thank you :D