It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Decay of Logos is now available DRM-free.

Embark on a journey of revenge and betrayal set in motion by the destruction of our young adventurer's village at the hands of Crimson Knights. Find solace in your mystical elk companion as you battle the unforgiving foes that roam this once peaceful realm. Venture into ancient ruins and dungeons in search of their rewards in a quest to find the truth behind the attack of Ada’s home.
amplify_diogo: Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop by and recommend everyone to check out some videos and streams of Decay of Logos and decide for yourself, or take a leap of faith and return it if you end up hating it. We won't comment on certain reviews specifically and will let you judge what is or isn't toxic opinion.

Despite the unfortunate buggy launch, for which we are obviously to blame and working very hard to rectify, the latest PC build is now much more stable and with a more balanced learning curve. A new build, with even more bug-fixes improvements, will be made available tomorrow.

This is a game for Action RPG fans that love a challenge, no hand-holding and visual, narrative-driven gameplay. It is souls-inspired, though far from a clone.

Here are a list of reviews and first impressions, that we felt understood the essence of DoL, to help balance the scale:
(sorry, had to modify the links, this is a new account)
www. onlysp.com/decay-of-logos-review/
www. pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/decay_of_logos
www. switchrpg.com/articles/decay-of-logos-first-impressions-switch/
vandal. elespanol.com/analisis/ps4/decay-of-logos/58743#p-73 (Spanish)
www. youtube.com/watch?v=7YlA2sbOGQI
www. youtube.com/watch?v=axbOtzYVUsQ

A few streams and videos:
www. twitch.tv/videos/474455416
www. twitch.tv/videos/470727405
www. youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY4X-xCdH7_w9uGXcjsI3I_Hm-SK31rYa (complete 8-part walkthrough)

Then again, please judge for yourselves. There are a lot more videos and streams out there to give you a more concrete overview of the game.

Make no mistake, we had 4 people pour their hearts out to develop this game from scratch, financed it ourselves for the most part, and we'll keep working on it until all the bugs and quirks are solved. Obviously this doesn't mean the game is automatically good, but it absolutely means it was made by people who care.

Kind regards,

The Decay of Logos Team
Hello Iberian cousin! Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with the community. :)
Zoidberg: There's no property involved here either: you buy a license in either case.
mechmouse: No on Steam you get a subscription, not a license from the dev/pub. Read the SSA
Licenses can't be different from store to store, it depends on the publisher, or should at least.

Have you read that "SSA"?
high rated
People, this thread is about the launch of Decay of Logos. Whoever wants to talk about property of videogames would be better served by opening a separate thread. People interested in that topic will find the discussion way more easly there. At the same time, less noise will be derailing the discussion of this fine game in its time to shine.

Just sayin'
mechmouse: No on Steam you get a subscription, not a license from the dev/pub. Read the SSA
Zoidberg: Licenses can't be different from store to store, it depends on the publisher, or should at least.

I've read the Steam SUBSCRIBER Agreement thoroughly.

I also went through an early version with a solicitor. At the time I worked for a company making software for the UK legal market.

Licenses can be different from store to Store, but that's not what happens with Steam.

Each Subscription allows you to access particular Content and Services. Some Subscriptions may impose additional terms specific to that Subscription ("Subscription Terms") (for example, an end user license agreement specific to a particular game, or terms of use specific to a particular product or feature of Steam)
While the EULA will affect what you can do, you are not issued with a license from the publisher

What you do get is a Valve issued License that terminates with the subscription

Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a non-exclusive license and right, to use the Content and Services for your personal, non-commercial use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms). This license ends upon termination of (a) this Agreement or (b) a Subscription that includes the license.
Steam is a subscription service. (Gently places mic on floor) those things are expensive
Zoidberg: Licenses can't be different from store to store, it depends on the publisher, or should at least.

mechmouse: I've read the Steam SUBSCRIBER Agreement thoroughly.

I also went through an early version with a solicitor. At the time I worked for a company making software for the UK legal market.

Licenses can be different from store to Store, but that's not what happens with Steam.

Each Subscription allows you to access particular Content and Services. Some Subscriptions may impose additional terms specific to that Subscription ("Subscription Terms") (for example, an end user license agreement specific to a particular game, or terms of use specific to a particular product or feature of Steam)
mechmouse: While the EULA will affect what you can do, you are not issued with a license from the publisher

What you do get is a Valve issued License that terminates with the subscription

Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a non-exclusive license and right, to use the Content and Services for your personal, non-commercial use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms). This license ends upon termination of (a) this Agreement or (b) a Subscription that includes the license.
mechmouse: Steam is a subscription service. (Gently places mic on floor) those things are expensive
In any case all those things really need to be cleared up and looked into. :/

Thanks for the input.
Ok, so I've finished this game twice and I absolutely love it!

It's got a mixture of amazing and beautiful aesthetics - kind of gives me RiME vibes with the beautiful colours and scenary. Visually it's just increible and there are little details that I can see someone thought about and put effort into.

In terms of game play, it's a bit like dark souls! You'll be running around all happy-cheer and then a monster jumps out of a barrel at you and you're screaming like a little child.

The story was also really good and I'm sad to have finished it!

I'd love to see another project in this same world to go more into the lore and the events that occured before this game took place.
Wow, looks beautiful!. Reminds me Zelda, Rime and Dark Souls ^_^
Looks updated. Wishlisted and will check it out.
RobynClara: Ok, so I've finished this game twice and I absolutely love it!

It's got a mixture of amazing and beautiful aesthetics - kind of gives me RiME vibes with the beautiful colours and scenary. Visually it's just increible and there are little details that I can see someone thought about and put effort into.

In terms of game play, it's a bit like dark souls! You'll be running around all happy-cheer and then a monster jumps out of a barrel at you and you're screaming like a little child.

I'd love to see another project in this same world to go more into the lore and the events that occured before this game took place.
That sounds great. I love RiME.

Have you read the reviews on the GOG game page? Did you encountered the issues that were reported at launch?
Post edited March 31, 2020 by ConsulCaesar
RobynClara: Ok, so I've finished this game twice and I absolutely love it!

ConsulCaesar: That sounds great. I love RiME.

Have you read the reviews on the GOG game page? Did you encountered the issues that were reported at launch?
Hi there,

Honestly, I only encountered one or two little bugs but they were so small - like not clicking on a lantern unless you were placed very specifically. (But that was once or twice)

Overall, I think it was a great game. I personally never experienced any difficulties in my playthroughs.