It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Decay of Logos is now available DRM-free.

Embark on a journey of revenge and betrayal set in motion by the destruction of our young adventurer's village at the hands of Crimson Knights. Find solace in your mystical elk companion as you battle the unforgiving foes that roam this once peaceful realm. Venture into ancient ruins and dungeons in search of their rewards in a quest to find the truth behind the attack of Ada’s home.
ConsulCaesar: No times reported yet at HowLongToBeat. I wonder how long this game will be.

GOG says otherwise...

But in any case, I'd let them have whatever wording they want in the terms of use, as long as the game is mine to keep forever. ;)
Zoidberg: It's related to the drm absense, not the terms of use, they have no say in that. :P
ToS statements dont determine ownership in EU. See for example [url=http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf]http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf[/url]

edit: forum cannot handle the link so it needs copy & paste
Post edited August 31, 2019 by Zrevnur
low rated
I think this is the lowest rated game to be ever released on gog while games like the Zachtronics were denied at first. GG, great curation
Zoidberg: It's related to the drm absense, not the terms of use, they have no say in that. :P
Zrevnur: ToS statements dont determine ownership in EU. See for example [url=http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf]http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf[/url]

So? Are they owned or not then?
-Nachtmahr-: I think this is the lowest rated game to be ever released on gog while games like the Zachtronics were denied at first. GG, great curation
"Ratings" came long after GOG decided to host the game, and are thus irrelevant in that decision when it's made before game releases, or is reviewed by anybody.

If game was already out on Steam, months before coming to GOG, your point might have some validity.
It has none for a brand new release, that launches on both sites at the same time.
amplify_diogo: [...]

The Decay of Logos Team
Thank you very much for your post. Really informative. Worth considering adding some of this information to the game card, even. All the best of luck with your game!!
Game got better ratings on gog than on steam. You gotta love GOG.
Zrevnur: ToS statements dont determine ownership in EU. See for example [url=http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf]http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf[/url]

Zoidberg: So? Are they owned or not then?
Dont know. (If I would have known I would have said so.) For myself I assume 'ownership' though.
amplify_diogo: Hi everyone
Welcome, and thanks for releasing your game on GOG.

amplify_diogo: Just wanted to drop by and recommend everyone to check out some videos and streams of Decay of Logos and decide for yourself, or take a leap of faith and return it if you end up hating it. We won't comment on certain reviews specifically and will let you judge what is or isn't toxic opinion.
Critical does not equal toxic - I just read every negative review on Steam at the moment, and none of them seem to be off-topic. Nearly all of them note the combat as clunky and not feeling good.

That being said, the game trailer reminded me somewhat of Morrowind, and I enjoy Souls genre games (including the first Dark Souls with its slower-paced combat), so this one's on my watch list.

I might be more tempted to buy if the game had included character creation - unless the identity of main character is essential to the story, I'd have preferred to create my own survivor. But it's not an automatic "no" - I've enjoyed plenty of games with set protagonists.

I'll watch some videos to get a better feel for the game, and it's good to hear you're hard at work improving it. Might win me over yet.
Post edited August 31, 2019 by SeduceMePlz
amplify_diogo: [...]
Make no mistake, we had 4 people pour their hearts out to develop this game from scratch, financed it ourselves for the most part, and we'll keep working on it until all the bugs and quirks are solved. Obviously this doesn't mean the game is automatically good, but it absolutely means it was made by people who care.
[...]
Sold. I was hoping you'd release it on GOG and I'm glad you did. You'll figure it out, bugs come and go ;)
mqstout: That's your problem for renting on some DRMed store. Refund your rental there, buy it here. Cease improper use of other storefronts.
Zoidberg: There's no property involved here either: you buy a license in either case.
No on Steam you get a subscription, not a license from the dev/pub. Read the SSA
Don't get all the fuss over reviews.

People don't want to admit that, while there is some overlap of customers, there is a different audience on GOG than on Scheme.

I am always happy to see more RPG games here.
low rated
Pc version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild!
amplify_diogo: Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop by and recommend everyone to check out some videos and streams of Decay of Logos and decide for yourself, or take a leap of faith and return it if you end up hating it. We won't comment on certain reviews specifically and will let you judge what is or isn't toxic opinion.

Despite the unfortunate buggy launch, for which we are obviously to blame and working very hard to rectify, the latest PC build is now much more stable and with a more balanced learning curve. A new build, with even more bug-fixes improvements, will be made available tomorrow.

This is a game for Action RPG fans that love a challenge, no hand-holding and visual, narrative-driven gameplay. It is souls-inspired, though far from a clone.

Here are a list of reviews and first impressions, that we felt understood the essence of DoL, to help balance the scale:
(sorry, had to modify the links, this is a new account)
www. onlysp.com/decay-of-logos-review/
www. pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/decay_of_logos
www. switchrpg.com/articles/decay-of-logos-first-impressions-switch/
vandal. elespanol.com/analisis/ps4/decay-of-logos/58743#p-73 (Spanish)
www. youtube.com/watch?v=7YlA2sbOGQI
www. youtube.com/watch?v=axbOtzYVUsQ

A few streams and videos:
www. twitch.tv/videos/474455416
www. twitch.tv/videos/470727405
www. youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY4X-xCdH7_w9uGXcjsI3I_Hm-SK31rYa (complete 8-part walkthrough)

Then again, please judge for yourselves. There are a lot more videos and streams out there to give you a more concrete overview of the game.

Make no mistake, we had 4 people pour their hearts out to develop this game from scratch, financed it ourselves for the most part, and we'll keep working on it until all the bugs and quirks are solved. Obviously this doesn't mean the game is automatically good, but it absolutely means it was made by people who care.

Kind regards,

The Decay of Logos Team
Hi,
thanks for releasing your game on GOG, Decay of Logos has a clear artistic imprint and I appreciate it very much, I'm sure that with time you will be able to squash all the bugs and optimize the gameplay.

I only have one question, the game on Steam has the achievements, do you plan to add them also on GOG?
SeduceMePlz: Welcome, and thanks for releasing your game on GOG.
Thank you! We're feel really fortunate that GOG accepted DoL.

(sorry, having some problems with posts)
Post edited August 31, 2019 by amplify_diogo
Aww... it's cute.

also did TLOZ:BOTW inspire you to make this!
Post edited August 31, 2019 by fr33kSh0w2012