It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An interesting mix of strategy and action set in the dystopian world of the future. Dark Future: Blood Red States from Auroch Digital is now available on GOG.COM DRM-free. The game is set in America A.D. 2025. The highways became a battlefield between road warriors driving armored cars. As one of them, you gear up your vehicle and set off on a journey to destroy your foes. The title is available 25% off until 22nd November, 2 pm UTC.
Roadwar 2000 - the action game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadwar_2000
Post edited November 15, 2019 by BreOl72
BreOl72: Roadwar 2000 - the action game.

Just going on the title, I really didn't expect to see "turn-based strategy" in that article.
BreOl72: Roadwar 2000 - the action game.
TheMonkofDestiny: Just going on the title, I really didn't expect to see "turn-based strategy" in that article.
Hahaha...yeah, not exactly what you'd expect.

Believe it or not, but there was even a board game of that theme before the "Roadwar 2000" broke loose: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_Wars
Is this like a 3D Convoy?
high rated
What the heck, GOG?

That track in the later half of the release video here - it's 80s/early-90s action film meets electronic/techno elements. It's great.

And GOG doesn't offer the soundtrack. Steam sells it, of course:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084701/Dark_Future_Blood_Red_States_Official_Soundtrack

I really don't understand why this and other games on GOG lack soundtracks and other niceties sold on Steam. This kind of thing is basic to providing a solid alternative to Steam.

Please bring the soundtrack (and Developer's Archive) to GOG.

Edit: Since I've dedicated a post to complaining about the issue, I might as well bring up another GOG omission: Victor Vran - why aren't the soundtrack and artbook offered on GOG?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/394750/Victor_Vran_Original_Soundtrack_and_Artbook
Post edited November 15, 2019 by SeduceMePlz
SeduceMePlz: I really don't understand why this and other games on GOG lack soundtracks and other niceties sold on Steam. This kind of thing is basic to providing a solid alternative to Steam.
I don't know about the art books and similar items, but the soundtracks to some games are probably not sold here because GOG hasn't made agreements with the composers to sell them while Valve likely has.
SeduceMePlz: And GOG doesn't offer the soundtrack. Steam sells it, of course
Yeah I hear you. I really hate it when this happens.

It might be a rights/agreement issue like someone pointed out, or maybe the developer simply... forgot. I know Metal Wolf Chaos wasn't offering the soundtrack at first on GOG, until some people (including myself) pointed it out.
Gather children. Let me tell you of a time of magic and wonders of the past. You will not believe it but I swear it is the truth. Back in the days of old... Gog used to have the soundtrack by default bundled with the games you buy. But don't blame them, blame the publishers.

Now off you go you rascals! Play some games. *cough*

Nice looking game BTW. And yeah, it sounds like a game that would be nice to have the OST of :)

Edit:
What does "Rogue-Lite" mean in detail in context of that game? Its usually a warning sign that I will hate the game for not being able to save any progress I make. Or worse; the game decides itself when its right to save and usually does it when a game stopping bug appears and I cannot go back to an earlier save.
Post edited November 16, 2019 by Anothername
Do you steer your car directly or is it some type of tower defence game like Space Run?
Anothername: Edit:
What does "Rogue-Lite" mean in detail in context of that game?
My GUESS is that it means that every time you lose you have to start from the beginning, but might have unlocked something to to be found or a new power/ability to use in your new run.
low rated
Anothername: Gather children. Let me tell you of a time of magic and wonders of the past. You will not believe it but I swear it is the truth. Back in the days of old... Gog used to have the soundtrack by default bundled with the games you buy. But don't blame them, blame the publishers.
Nice post, but to be fair many of those games were older games/released when partners wanted to make good with Gog(back when Gog had more leverage), and many now that have soundtracks sold separately are sold by partners who are used to selling in such a manner and who are not as beholden to/reliant on Gog as other partners were in the past.