It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The time has finally come! Cyberpunk 2077, the game from CD PROJEKT RED that takes open-world RPG to an entirely new level, is now available on GOG.COM!

Right now, Cyberpunk 2077 holds 91/100 score on metacritic and 92/100 on OpenCritic. IGN praises the title from CD PROJEKT RED for the fact that it "offers a staggering amount of choice in how to build your character, approach quests, and confront enemies, and your decisions can have a tangible and natural-feeling impact on both the world around you and the stories of the people who inhabit it".

Now it’s time for you to dive into Night City and see the futuristic world of Cyberpunk 2077 for yourself! Check our game guide tailored specially to make the start of your adventure as swift as possible. Also, be sure to take a look at our interviews with Mike A. Pondsmith (the creator of the Cyberpunk RPG) and the CD PROJEKT RED developers to learn more about the game’s unique lore and gameplay.

Don’t hesitate and start your adventure with Cyberpunk 2077 now. And remember, if you buy the game on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Okay I'm a bit drunk so bear with me ;) Game just hit epic status for me, for all the wrong but perfectly awesome reasons...

... I just hit a BSoD - seriously. I haven't seen that screen in like 20 years - watching my memory dump to cache - in 2 seconds (used to take forever!) was like fingertip kiss priceless. Funny enough, right before a Braindance - that screen was like a Braindance down memory lane for me.

The old blocky white pixelated text, the monochrome blue screen - everything - it was like rolling back the clock decades - I was back in MSDos or Xp or something from another time.

Never have I loved a crash so much - like nostalgia and perfection rolled into one especially for the type of game it is.

Just thought I'd share before I jumped back in - wish me luck!
B1tF1ghter: Please elaborate :P
Ixamyakxim: I HAVEN'T tried to enable raytracing
1060 GTX stock - it's the higher RAM model of the two
Geforce GTX 1060 does not support raytracing fyi ;)

Nvidia had a 6 GiB VRAM 1060 variant (technically 3 GiB was an afterthought). But that by itself doesn't mean much as various implementations (different models with same chip) behave differently and have slightly different clocks (thus stability).

Ixamyakxim: clicking on run as admin eliminated "big" crashes
If this game needs admin right for WHATEVER reason then you can bypass that by modifying file permissions on game folder in regards to your system user (non admin one).

Ixamyakxim: i5 3570k at stock clock - so I DO support AVX out of the box, which is a big one. There are tweaks, but if you have a processor "better" than an i5 speed wise, but that DOESN'T support AVX you'll have to mess around to get it up and running.
I wouldn't neccesarily call a CPU supporting 12 year old (available for 9) technology "a big feature" :P
But yeah. This game appears to be using original AVX.

Ixamyakxim: regular old hard drive - I haven't felt the need to upgrade to SSD yet
Well that will eventually drag you down someday. It definitely has impact on game loading times, texture streaming potential issues and other stuff.
As well as workflow speed and responsivness, especially on Windows.

Ixamyakxim: thing is ticking along
Haha, funny :P Don't jinx it :P (you know, "TICKING" of HDD is either "failure already happened" or "failure imminent" kind of sign, but I get the language merits in your message and altered meaning of them)

Ixamyakxim: I use a controller
Which controller? (it would be beneficial to know how it behaves with different ones)

WinterSnowfall: (Wine Staging)
Which version.
Could we like, I don't know, COLLECTIVELY erect a summary high standards (ergo: LOTS of details) thread dedicated to specificly that - CP2077 on Linux - test results (IN EXTREME DETAILS) that is?

Ixamyakxim: Horizon ZD (...) - would love some Linux impressions from an AMD card (seem to run better in that environment)
I hv RX 590. I would gladly test this game if I would own it :P But sadly I don't and my finances don't allow me to have it atm :P

TZODnmr2k5: I love the game so far, but unfortunately, if you have an AMD CPU, your performance will be crippled
Gersen: Maybe I am lucky but I don't seem to have issues with my 3900, I tried the "fan-patch" but I didn't notice a single FPS difference.
TZODnmr2k5: Yeah, I also have a 3900x, yet it still runs at 45-55 even with the hex edit, I'll try the pool mods/UO Patches...
I would appreciate if random people worldwide on the global network would stop being all "I hv issues because of my CPU, here's model".
AT LEAST ADD FREQUENCY, if not further details (such as vcore since it has ACTUAL impact on STABILITY).
It's not like majority of CPUs currently used have locked multiplier and BCLK.
IPC is not everything. It is more or less directly tied to CPU's calculation speed. So frequency DOES MATTER and DOES have impact on PERFORMANCE.
So before any of you post in a way of "my CPU sucks" - at least post your used frequency (and or it's range if CBR / whatever-is-the-current-"BOOST-NAME"-for-Intel is used).

NuffCatnip: So many bugs...it's worse than a Bethesda release and I'm not even kidding or overexaggerating.
This REALLY DOES seem like a rushed release with close to no QA :S
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_2077

NuffCatnip: My 'favourite' is characters sliding over the floor because the walking animation won't trigger.
Ah! A timeless classic :P /s

Themken: According to Tom's Hardware, the hex edit of the .exe file does not help if you have more than eight cores
Had a brief look at that article (tho I wouldn't call TS a "reputable source" by ANY means).
It's pretty hilarious - I hv bulldozer system in the very same room as my current 2700X setup - to think it could be better in some way is really stupidly silly.
The article in question is worded rather poorly (I say it as a person that is rather highly technical).
But it gives me 2 impressions:
1.The whole thing could probably get bypassed by simply spoofing CPU id.
2."The hex fix" could likely work better on Linux under Wine since Linux has completely different CPU scheduling rules (AND that can be tweaked too).

TZODnmr2k5: I would suspect that it's both badly optimized for both AMD CPUs and GPUs!
Well considering that raytracing for AMD hardware is "coming later" I would say CDPR just completely neglected AMD users.
Talk about bias.
This game reminds me the release of the PC port of Batman Arkham Knight back in 2015.
With the time They fixed the game, but the initial release was a technical disaster.
The Linux port was cancelled and the game was removed from the Steam catalogue for some time.

I prefer to wait until the middle of next year for to buy this game.

Let the betatesters do the dirty job.

Looks like the game can be run on a potato after all .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-XrWRIJOBQ
ICYMI:

Our Commitment to Quality

"CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

For more details about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more, please visit cyberpunk.net/ourcommitment."
low rated
Swedrami: ICYMI:

"CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

For more details about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more, please visit cyberpunk.net/ourcommitment."
Let me just remind you all: CD Projekt are all liars.
Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?
A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prw2B_03IzY
Post edited January 14, 2021 by Grargar
Digital_CHE: This game reminds me the release of the PC port of Batman Arkham Knight back in 2015.
With the time They fixed the game, but the initial release was a technical disaster.
No. The game is still a technical disaster.
I forgive you CDPR ... The lie still hurts. But for making a PC game and not a fucking console port, I give you credit.

Ich verzeihe euch CDPR ... Die Lüge schmerzt noch. Aber dass ihr ein PC-Spiel machen mochtet, und keinen beschissenenen Konsolenport, rechne ich euch hoch an.
Attachments:
Swedrami: ICYMI:

Breja: Let me just remind you all: CD Projekt are all liars.
Well, I don't personally play the game (and seeing how ridiculously BAD technical-state-wise it is atm I don't plan on playing it for a LONG time) but from my perspective the state of the game represents somewhere around alpha version development stage.
It's beyond bad.
I cannot fathom how did this allegedly pass QA at all.
B1tF1ghter: Well, I don't personally play the game (and seeing how ridiculously BAD technical-state-wise it is atm I don't plan on playing it for a LONG time) but from my perspective the state of the game represents somewhere around alpha version development stage.
It's beyond bad.
I cannot fathom how did this allegedly pass QA at all.
You're subscribing to a very broad definition of an alpha version there.
May be the case for the consoles but for the PC version this is simply not true, despite what the public says or wants you to believe.
Undoubtedly it's very rough around the edges/unpolished (for CDPR standards) with the occasional visual inconsistency and bug here and there (nothing game-breaking so far, for me at least) and not very well optimized, especially for raytracing and, I guess for running it on lower tier, minimum req hardware but, on PC with a (half-)decent rig it is, objectively, perfectly playable and anything but "somewhere around alpha version development stage".

Something like an "alpha state" could definitely be applied to certain isolated aspects of the game, though.
Like the HUD, that's still too cluttered with immersion-breaking, hand-holding objective markers, vendor/loot icons, normal enemy health bars, etc, that, at this point can't be turned off.
Or the half-assed mouse+keyboard controls copy/pasted straight from the controller that still don't allow any and every key to be used and/or rebound.

Oh, and in the highly unlikely case CDPR people are reading this - bring back the original braindance strobing lights effect as an alternative/option to the "reduced" "safe" one, you just replaced the original v1.03 effect with.
Thank you very much.
Schreier at it again:
Inside Cyberpunk 2077's Disastrous Rollout
Swedrami: Schreier at it again:
Much ado about nothing resp. things we already knew, not to mention click-baity as fuck, as is the usual with this guy.
Cheers for linking an archived article.

Of course the 2018 demo was all prefabricated and staged, all gameplay demos are. They aren't also called a "vertical slice" for nothing.

I can see CDPRED doing an "enhanced edition" sort of hard relaunch, once the "ironing out" with the announced big patches and updates is done. It's the only way they could still get the 90+ score they've and I guess they're still so desperately craving for.
Post edited January 16, 2021 by CMiq
Swedrami: Schreier at it again:
Looking at GlassDoor and what happened behind the scene of the other games they've made also, it really seems like the CEOs and the upper management should find something else to do.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CD-PROJEKT-RED-Reviews-E644250.htm

Constantly switching devs with poor communication and documentation skills are just 1 of 100 things you should never do when developing a game (or any product, digital or real).

Like BeatEmUps sings:

"CD Projekt are all Liars,
And yes I'm snitching, since my world keeps glitching.
CD Projekt are all Liars,
Oops it just imploded, guess we must reload it.

Like a Marathon,
It will still glitch on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on"

With an environment as glitchy as that it's no wonder the game is also like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Ed4rggJ4E
https://woodhawker.bandcamp.com/track/cd-projekt-are-all-liars