It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The time has finally come! Cyberpunk 2077, the game from CD PROJEKT RED that takes open-world RPG to an entirely new level, is now available on GOG.COM!

Right now, Cyberpunk 2077 holds 91/100 score on metacritic and 92/100 on OpenCritic. IGN praises the title from CD PROJEKT RED for the fact that it "offers a staggering amount of choice in how to build your character, approach quests, and confront enemies, and your decisions can have a tangible and natural-feeling impact on both the world around you and the stories of the people who inhabit it".

Now it’s time for you to dive into Night City and see the futuristic world of Cyberpunk 2077 for yourself! Check our game guide tailored specially to make the start of your adventure as swift as possible. Also, be sure to take a look at our interviews with Mike A. Pondsmith (the creator of the Cyberpunk RPG) and the CD PROJEKT RED developers to learn more about the game’s unique lore and gameplay.

Don’t hesitate and start your adventure with Cyberpunk 2077 now. And remember, if you buy the game on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Gersen: If anything I would say even more kudos to them for paying for Denuvo and yet not actually using it in the release version.
WinterSnowfall: For now, at least. Just like Han Solo, I've got a bad feeling about this in the long run... Maybe CD Projekt will become your run of the mill AAA game studio, and will just use Denuvo "a bit after release", who knows. I certainly hope that won't be the future we're looking at, but the present looks hardly encouraging.
pippin15: i bet you didn't knew the witcher 1 and 2 had drm on them
WinterSnowfall: If you mean TAGES, then yes, I believe I've heard something along those lines.
1 had tages which is probably one of the nastiest forms of drm and 2 had securom, with activation limits and all
high rated
pippin15: 1 had tages which is probably one of the nastiest forms of drm and 2 had securom, with activation limits and all
Great. Now it appears we have covered the ghosts of DRM past, present and future...

I'll vacate the thread, maybe some positivity will find its way back here.
pippin15: 1 had tages which is probably one of the nastiest forms of drm and 2 had securom, with activation limits and all
WinterSnowfall: Great. Now it appears we have covered the ghosts of DRM past, present and future...

I'll vacate the thread, maybe some positivity will find its way back here.
well, cdpr wanted to avoid leaks, so denuvo would be a good chance to know where and how a potential leak could happen
GOG.com: ... And remember, if you buy the game on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.
And remember: That's Life!
B1tF1ghter: Btw, does Nvidia drivers work with bleeding edge kernel now? /s
WinterSnowfall: Not last I heard. I'm still on 5.8.

Btw, was there a... DRM-protected beta version of Cyberpunk 2077, or is Linus talking out of his ass here? Is this actually a thing?
That's what Spiff said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJrbyv_X3Pk&t=2h6m43s
Gonna wait a bit till bugs are fixed. Also, the lack of 3rd person view in a customization-heavy game is a bit of a turn-off. Hopefully, they'll patch it in sometime later.
Awesome, though i am gonna wait abit before i buy it. i rather wait for em to patch the game up first.
Protoss: I am absolutely disgusted because of Cyberpunk 2077.
And this is not about the game.
This is about the state of games journalism.

Games "journalists" put out fake reviews (GameSpot, where Kelly Plagge didn't play most of the game, is a good example), don't understand the Cyberpunk genre, and use disgusting tactics that should be criminal such as:
1. accusing CRPR of having a mental illness ("transphobia") - https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/4/22058784/cyberpunk-2077-marketing-cd-projekt-red-transphobia
2. spreading fake propaganda against CDPR ("crunch") - https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/cyberpunk-2077-journalists-called-allegedly-fabricating-crunch-narratives-clicks
3. abusing power to get rid of opponents (i.e. independent journalists) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfAOzxYm2o

And the list goes on.

I am not into the Cyberpunk genre. I think the present is already dystopian (which in fact should be the word "utopian" for a bad society, as Utopia already was a city we'd call dystopian). But CYberpunk 2077 or rather the journalism about it showed me what complete trash, activist cancer, Fake News, clickbait, nontroversy and idiocy modern games journalism has become.

So here is my big middle finger to all of those outlets that have no clue about cyberpunk (the genre) but form their opinion about the game for activist reasons or write reviews when not having played most of the game.

To everyone else: Thanks for listening!
Kelly Plagge is one of the worst Gamespot reviewer. But then again the quality of Gamespot reviews has definitely taken a tumble post 2010.......Gone were the Jeff Gerstman, Greg Kasavin , Desslock days
wcdeadpool: Please GOG, for future versions of the offline installers, make separate installers for the different languages other than english ( like what you did for witcher 3) ; Right now we have to download 104gb (!!!!) for a 70gb game. Downloading 34gb of useless languages isn't very convenient... Thanks ;)
Perhaps they should take some valuable notes from repackers like fitgirl and R.G. Mechanics ;)
NuffCatnip: Sorry, by a bit much I meant the cynicism in my post. :)
deja65: Your cynicism is valid sadly. With all the stuff GOG pulled of over the years, i really think your post is not as off or too much as you would think. When i joined GOG, i could not have imagined that it would get Steam’d as much as it has. Still a cool place to buy them classics DRM free as well as cruising the GOG forums :). Wish you a nice day. Cheers
To me, gog is becoming less and less attractive, with almost every 'great' announcement.
I agree with you 100%, they are becoming more and more like Steam.
And to be honest why should I use a Steam-like site if I can simply use Steam? :)
I may be doomsaying but gogs pillars of their princibles are gone or crumbling and I fear that DRM-free might become an afterthought at some point in the future.

Back on topic, Cyberpunk 2077 is alright, but so far it hasn't gripped me yet. Let's see if that changes. :)
Post edited December 11, 2020 by NuffCatnip
So, supposedly the first patch is out.
Can someone tell me how GoG handles the offline installer patches? Are there patches, or do they just update the installer?

I don't want to trawl for an answer in the Cyberpunk Forum itself, i don't really want to spoil myself there.
Ranayna: So, supposedly the first patch is out.
Can someone tell me how GoG handles the offline installer patches? Are there patches, or do they just update the installer?

I don't want to trawl for an answer in the Cyberpunk Forum itself, i don't really want to spoil myself there.
You can check yourself here:
https://api.gog.com/products/1423049311?expand=downloads,expanded_dlcs,related_products,changelog

As you can see, under downloads => patches, there is a two-part 1.03-to-1.04 patch (exe + bin), with a total size of about 600MB.
Ranayna: So, supposedly the first patch is out.

Just below the offline installers are the links to the Patch-installers.
They seem to have forgotten adding the blue dot to the game though, at first I didn't even notice there already was one.
So I wound up getting this as a birthday gift, good times! Downloading now...one request I've got for CDPR, please leave the 1.03 offline binaries up for a while and run us paranoid purists off of roll-up patches. Normally I'm all about starting fresh with an up-to-date installer but hot damn this thing is Yuge(tm), gonna take a day or two to get all 27 pieces and having to restart after getting 80% of the way would be lame. Probably a lot of gamers in my situation.
Ranayna: Can someone tell me how GoG handles the offline installer patches? Are there patches, or do they just update the installer?
In general, it depends on the game.

Judging from Witcher 3 five years ago, they will provide patches, but after a while the main installers will be updated and the patches disappear.

For third-party games (which are like 99.99%), it perhaps depends on the dev - some provide patches, some require a full re-download.