It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The time has finally come! Cyberpunk 2077, the game from CD PROJEKT RED that takes open-world RPG to an entirely new level, is now available on GOG.COM!

Right now, Cyberpunk 2077 holds 91/100 score on metacritic and 92/100 on OpenCritic. IGN praises the title from CD PROJEKT RED for the fact that it "offers a staggering amount of choice in how to build your character, approach quests, and confront enemies, and your decisions can have a tangible and natural-feeling impact on both the world around you and the stories of the people who inhabit it".

Now it’s time for you to dive into Night City and see the futuristic world of Cyberpunk 2077 for yourself! Check our game guide tailored specially to make the start of your adventure as swift as possible. Also, be sure to take a look at our interviews with Mike A. Pondsmith (the creator of the Cyberpunk RPG) and the CD PROJEKT RED developers to learn more about the game’s unique lore and gameplay.

Don’t hesitate and start your adventure with Cyberpunk 2077 now. And remember, if you buy the game on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
high rated
Lifthrasil: GOG used to be the haven for DRM-free gaming. But over the last years they have been getting ever pushier with Galaxy and now they have even abandoned their 100% DRM-free in favour of Galaxy.

Is MY REWARDS also available on the local version of Cyberpunk 2077 — which can be downloaded via GOG and installed separately from GOG GALAXY?

Because MY REWARDS requires an internet connection, the local version of Cyberpunk 2077 that you can download via GOG will not support MY REWARDS.
Wow, that is DRM deflection on a whole new level. Congrats GOG, you're now pulling off things you said only "the bad DRM guys" were doing.

Yes, it's just for a couple of cosmetic items, but as others have said - it's really the principle we take issue with. If you hadn't touted yourself as a DRM-free militant store in the past, perhaps no one would care.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
That 70GB space requirement is a right turnoff....
Protoss: This is about the state of games journalism.
We live in a time when ANY sh*t can fly as long as it gains traction and followers (oh, the irony of where I'm writing this).
At this point the best attitude may potentially be to ignore all the BS thrown into your face and just do your thing :S

( Btw is that Dante in your avatar? )

B1tF1ghter: there is a major bug in Wine that introduces stuttering when input devices have polling rate above 250, and the Wine devs keep pretending it's not on them :P
clarry: URL?
I will send it later, I cannot promise, but I should manage to find time in less than 24 h.
There is a FLOOD of them. Because it applies to virtually EVERY game on Wine.
There is already a ton of bug reports and threads on that for a whole plethora of games - every single time the outcome is the same - Wine devs pretenciously pretend it's not on them and instead point to some random sh*t and then close the bug reports "because not our bug".
The bug didn't go viral because average Wine user doesn't know Wine deep enough on technical level to be able to handle debugging thy self problems by thy self so most people don't even know nor understand that their STUTTERING is caused by THAT of all things.

Ranayna: So, no mention at all about that "my rewards" stuff supposedly locked behind Galaxy on the Store Page.
Was that an Error then?
Read this entire thread:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preload_cyberpunk_2077_today_cfffe

WinterSnowfall: Linux feedback time... Even with the latest Proton version, Mesa Git and an AMD card some people have been having problems. I've tried it with Wine Staging + vkd3d-proton, latest Nvidia driver just for laughs, but it doesn't even get to a point where it can glitch graphically - simply crashes on startup. It will probably be a while until us Linux folk can play it properly (or at all).
B1tF1ghter: It's sad there is no Linux port on day 1.
WinterSnowfall: I doubt there will be a port even on day 1000...
I doubt it too.
Hv you checked Valve's github subpage I linked in post 50?
Someone out there implies he/she got it running.

Btw, does Nvidia drivers work with bleeding edge kernel now? /s
high rated
Please GOG, for future versions of the offline installers, make separate installers for the different languages other than english ( like what you did for witcher 3) ; Right now we have to download 104gb (!!!!) for a 70gb game. Downloading 34gb of useless languages isn't very convenient... Thanks ;)
high rated
wcdeadpool: Please GOG, for future versions of the offline installers, make separate installers for the different languages other than english ( like what you did for witcher 3) ; Right now we have to download 104gb (!!!!) for a 70gb game. Downloading 34gb of useless languages isn't very convenient... Thanks ;)
Or even better - offer no language main installer and separate "language patch" installers.
B1tF1ghter: Btw, does Nvidia drivers work with bleeding edge kernel now? /s
Not last I heard. I'm still on 5.8.

Btw, was there a... DRM-protected beta version of Cyberpunk 2077, or is Linus talking out of his ass here? Is this actually a thing?
WinterSnowfall: Btw, was there a... DRM-protected beta version of Cyberpunk 2077, or is Linus talking out of his ass here? Is this actually a thing?
The early copy that was sent to testers/reviewers apparently had Denovo in it, yes.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by sanscript
sanscript: The early copy that was sent to testers/reviewers apparently had Denovo in it, yes.
That's... fantastic. I can't even...
WinterSnowfall: That's... fantastic. I can't even...
Welcome on GOG!
I guess you’re new here? ;P
B1tF1ghter: Btw, does Nvidia drivers work with bleeding edge kernel now? /s
WinterSnowfall: Not last I heard. I'm still on 5.8.
Oh... So they *still* didn't "manage" to stay up to date?
Well, not that it directly concerns me (the only nvidia gpu I hv is 630 and for that new drivers are completely irrelevant) since I use RX 590 (so I run Mesa, on Arch btw, basically flawless experience for me).

WinterSnowfall: Btw, was there a... DRM-protected beta version of Cyberpunk 2077? Is this actually a thing?
Many people say, just like sanscript, that the press copy included Denuvo.

Linus does that ALL THE TIME, nearly 100% of the time. I hv had been checking his chanell for a VERY brief time until I discovered what kind of quality he represents.
He has, let's face it, content creation conglomerate. He goes where money lies.
He currently runs on NCIX days hype - the times when he ACTUALLY created DECENT quality content - right now his content is COMPLETE GARBAGE.
He is incompetent and I personally see him as a disgrace to the IT industry.
Especially his Linux related videos - they are just stright out AGGRAVATING - to not say that they are profanity and outrageous :S
Ergo: I wouldn't exactly take his word for ANYTHING (such as CP2077), let alone Linux.
I hope that by the time my (future) PC can run this, there is some unburned city left for me to burn it too. Cheers to everyone, have fun!
sanscript: The early copy that was sent to testers/reviewers apparently had Denovo in it, yes.
Well, in this case I can understand it. I wouldn't want an unfinished product of that caliber romping around on the free internet as a constant reminder how badly the game was at that time either. Better it's a more appropriately patched version being "shared" around. :)

That said, the whole thing the past year at least has been a PR nightmare for sure...
sanscript: Well, in this case I can understand it. I wouldn't want an unfinished product of that caliber romping around on the free internet as a constant reminder how badly the game was at that time either. Better it's a more appropriately patched version being "shared" around. :)
Well the previous "early-access" was done through Stadia for the same reason, I don't see anything wrong with that, it's not like they put it in the retail version or anything. If anything I would say even more kudos to them for paying for Denuvo and yet not actually using it in the release version.
i bet you didn't knew the witcher 1 and 2 had drm on them
Gersen: If anything I would say even more kudos to them for paying for Denuvo and yet not actually using it in the release version.
For now, at least. Just like Han Solo, I've got a bad feeling about this in the long run... Maybe CD Projekt will become your run of the mill AAA game studio, and will just use Denuvo "a bit after release", who knows. I certainly hope that won't be the future we're looking at, but the present looks hardly encouraging.
pippin15: i bet you didn't knew the witcher 1 and 2 had drm on them
If you mean TAGES, then yes, I believe I've heard something along those lines.