It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The time has finally come! Cyberpunk 2077, the game from CD PROJEKT RED that takes open-world RPG to an entirely new level, is now available on GOG.COM!

Right now, Cyberpunk 2077 holds 91/100 score on metacritic and 92/100 on OpenCritic. IGN praises the title from CD PROJEKT RED for the fact that it "offers a staggering amount of choice in how to build your character, approach quests, and confront enemies, and your decisions can have a tangible and natural-feeling impact on both the world around you and the stories of the people who inhabit it".

Now it’s time for you to dive into Night City and see the futuristic world of Cyberpunk 2077 for yourself! Check our game guide tailored specially to make the start of your adventure as swift as possible. Also, be sure to take a look at our interviews with Mike A. Pondsmith (the creator of the Cyberpunk RPG) and the CD PROJEKT RED developers to learn more about the game’s unique lore and gameplay.

Don’t hesitate and start your adventure with Cyberpunk 2077 now. And remember, if you buy the game on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Can't change Keyboard settings in Cyberpunk 2077! Any ideas ?
B1tF1ghter: It's sad there is no Linux port on day 1.

Also, no Vulkan? Not even DX 11? Well that sucks :/
Mr. Gaben and his crew got you covered.
tfishell: Now #2 on Bestselling (All Time) list, just behind Heroes of M&M 3 Complete
Cyberway: So this was best debut game indusrtry ever had? Not too bad achievement.
No I meant here, in GOG's store sorting by Bestsellling All Time: https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=bestselling
Right...
So far no reports:
https://www.protondb.com/app/1091500
But there is a github subpage dedicated to it already:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/4450

In regards to the article you linked:
the word "input" in there makes me wonder if Valve will tackle one certain crappy code - not many people understand that it really is like that - but there is a major bug in Wine that introduces stuttering when input devices have polling rate above 250, and the Wine devs keep pretending it's not on them :P

In regards to Mesa-git:
there is 5.10 kernel right around the corner, possibly releasing in less than a week.
So it's both good and bad news ("big" kernel releases often SUCK, but some new functionality could be beneficial for Mesa possibly).
Hey, us second class citizens that only use the offline installers can finally download the game. Thank you, gog, I honestly thought you'd forget us, you know, since we're not using Galaxy, but no, you still thought about the trash, thanks!

Edit: A bit much, but 'eh, whatever'. :P
Post edited December 10, 2020 by NuffCatnip
Gerh91Berh: It is up to you to make the game run great on an i7 3770k and a GTX 1070, then I will buy it, because I want to support CD Projekt Red and GOG (I am mostly buying older games on GOG, rather than newer games on Steam, Origin, Ubisoft Store or EGS), but I don't want my first time playing the game to be marred by game-breaking bugs.
They should definitely do some optimization if it's not been done, as well as fix the bugs, but do bear in mind that CDPR tends to push the envelope on performance so a four year old GPU and eight year old CPU will probably be looking at medium graphics settings inasmuch as medium will be similar to a circa 2017 AAA game. Having analyzed a number of post-2012 minium/recommended requirement specs I have come to the conclusion that they are usually defined while all parties involved are quite drunk, and CP2077 is unlikely to be an exception.

In other words, it's probably going to prompt a lot of people to go out and buy new hardware the same way that Witcher 3 did.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by NovusBogus
NuffCatnip: Hey, us second class citizens that only use the offline installers can finally download the game. Thank you, gog, I honestly thought you'd forget us, you know, since we're not using Galaxy, but no, you still thought about the trash, thanks!

Yep, a whooping 104 GB download - but at least it includes all the languages so you will not have to re-download these.
midrand: I just find that order hard to believe with Witcher 2 and Witcher 1 ranking ahead of Witcher 3 in terms of sales. I would have thought Witcher 3 would be tops out of the series?
seppelfred: You have to add the sales of the Witcher 3 base game and the Witcher 3 GOTY edition. I'm sure that combined it would be on #1.
I dunno because on that chart Witcher 3 normal edition was way down the list - like number 30 or something. Which feels wrong in itself - I'd expect more purchases of W3 then GOTY edition. W3 buyers got GOTY for free anyway I think as an upgrade? Or maybe that was if you owned W3 and both DLCs?
Post edited December 10, 2020 by midrand
B1tF1ghter: there is a major bug in Wine that introduces stuttering when input devices have polling rate above 250, and the Wine devs keep pretending it's not on them :P
URL?
midrand: I just find that order hard to believe with Witcher 2 and Witcher 1 ranking ahead of Witcher 3 in terms of sales. I would have thought Witcher 3 would be tops out of the series?
B1tF1ghter: Perhaps it counts ACTIVE LICENSES and NOT GOG PURCHASES.
So effectively it would count all those active Witcher 1 licenses from all those many giveaways.
Yes, that's possible - in that case it needs a fix I reckon :) If you want herd mentality the right way.
tfishell: Now #2 on Bestselling (All Time) list, just behind Heroes of M&M 3 Complete
Impressive! Higher than any Witcher.

It also incidentally pushed Diablo one step back in his meteoric race to the top.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by ConsulCaesar
NuffCatnip: Hey, us second class citizens that only use the offline installers can finally download the game. Thank you, gog, I honestly thought you'd forget us, you know, since we're not using Galaxy, but no, you still thought about the trash, thanks!

midrand: Yep, a whooping 104 GB download - but at least it includes all the languages so you will not have to re-download these.
Sorry, by a bit much I meant the cynicism in my post. :)
midrand: Yep, a whooping 104 GB download - but at least it includes all the languages so you will not have to re-download these.
NuffCatnip: Sorry, by a bit much I meant the cynicism in my post. :)
I was not referring to that - just commenting on the size which is a record for a game I think :)
ConsulCaesar: Impressive! Higher than any Witcher.

It also incidentally pushed Diablo one step back in his meteoric race to the top.
I find it funny, though, that when Diablo got here its release thread grew exponentially every second!
This thread seems to be taking its time now :)

Maybe it's due to the time of release (if I'm not mistaken it was well after midnight over here, so probably a bit "late" for most European users, especially when the next day is a working day).

It could also be the cyber-fatigue that has taken over for too long now, all this promotion with articles and banners everywhere.
midrand: I was not referring to that - just commenting on the size which is a record for a game I think :)
I know, just wanted to clear that up. :)
But thanks for mentioning that multiple languages are already included, I hate playing games in the german language. :P
Your cynicism is valid sadly. With all the stuff GOG pulled of over the years, i really think your post is not as off or too much as you would think. When i joined GOG, i could not have imagined that it would get Steam’d as much as it has. Still a cool place to buy them classics DRM free as well as cruising the GOG forums :). Wish you a nice day. Cheers