It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Puzzles, action, infiltration - 1994 style.

Cyberia, an Interplay classic action adventure returns on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

Talk about a blast from the past. Cyberia is an action adventure classic that's literally half action - half adventure, featuring rail-shooter action sequences as well as puzzle-adventure elements. Cyberia takes place in a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk setting in which you, a hacker with a knack for trouble, must infiltrate the heavily fortified Cyberia Complex buried deep beneath frozen Russia. You will solve puzzles, face armed foes, and even pilot a futuristic fighter, all to retrieve a powerful piece of technology fallen into the wrong hands. If you succeed, you may just be able to save planet Earth from total collapse. It's no secret that this DOS era action adventure shows its age in gameplay and difficulty - but the graphics, cutscenes and eerie sound design are all there to offer the kind of ambiance that you just won't find in a modern video game.

Hack and infiltrate like its 1994 with Cyberia, a classic Interplay action adventure, available now DRM-free on GOG.com!
Are there no extra's for this game? None are listed
Strijkbout: Are there no extra's for this game? None are listed
You answered your own question ;)
Strijkbout: Are there no extra's for this game? None are listed
mobutu: You answered your own question ;)
That's too bad then, I have the game on CD-ROM and I was half interested in buying it for the soundtrack.
Amazing release! Thank you GOG! Just be sure to offer the sequel as well at some point, eh? :)
For those looking for the manual - it is right there in the game directory after install, in PDF form. I was looking for it too, as I remembered the back story for this game was really unique and interesting in the manual.
For those who are interested in extracting the music from the game: http://www.gog.com/forum/cyberia/soundtrack
vicklemos: I remember renting that one for the psx; also remember it for not being too good :P
Why is it good?
I think it was good because it felt like a really cheesy sci fi movie. It also had death animations which were fun to watch :P Other than that, it's a typical on the rails shooter which seems way harder today than back when I played it as a kid.
Bobbin: For those looking for the manual - it is right there in the game directory after install, in PDF form.
You are talking about GOG version of the game, right?
Bobbin: For those looking for the manual - it is right there in the game directory after install, in PDF form.
tburger: You are talking about GOG version of the game, right?
wat
tburger: You are talking about GOG version of the game, right?
Of course I do. I bought the game as soon as I saw it on GOG (Nostalgia FTW!), installed it, and even without looking at the extras on site - just went into the directory of the game to see the file structure (this old little perversion I have, from my old DOS days ;) ). Go to the "Cyberia" directory where you installed it, you'll see it: Manual.pdf and even ManualFR.pdf, the French version I assume.
Bobbin: Of course I do. I bought the game as soon as I saw it on GOG (Nostalgia FTW!), installed it, and even without looking at the extras on site - just went into the directory of the game to see the file structure (this old little perversion I have, from my old DOS days ;) ). Go to the "Cyberia" directory where you installed it, you'll see it: Manual.pdf and even ManualFR.pdf, the French version I assume.
So it's only a small bug on the game's page. Hope someone from GOG will fix it soon enough. Great - thx.
These are the games why I think, GOG has a unique selling point over other platforms. PLEASE contunue distributing the good old stuff!!!
Got to experience this game in the earlier years of my life thus far, and it seems to have been forgotten. I suppose without the nostalgia factor, I can definitely see why. But in all honesty I really do enjoy playing it every now and again. I suppose the ridiculousness of the game was part of its charm. It was an odd change of pace compared to playing Doom or Commander Keen back in the day (among other DOS games). It'll probably be frustrating as hell for those who are new to it, so perhaps you should just watch a video and decide if you want to remember it (there are a few longplays on Youtube, or you could just watch the Super Replay for a laugh).

Believe it or not, there's also a sequel to this game. I hoping they'll put that on here too, but I know that a different company published that one.

Interestingly enough, I had just had the odd idea to make a wikia for this game today too. Feel free to contribute if you'd like at CyberiaProject. (For the guy asking for the manuals, there are a couple places to find a pdf of the first one (can't link you obviously). I was given both games from my father, so I could get the second games manual to you next chance I can.)
Post edited February 04, 2015 by KoboFox
Manual is included with the game.
This is a classic! I have good memories playing this game when I was kid, and I still have the retail box with the CD-ROM in mint condition (I'm seeing it right now ^_^)