It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Careful, there's a beverage here.

UPDATE: Cuphead has just been updated and -besides the various fixes and improvements- it now has GOG Galaxy Achievements support! Time to let everyone know how all these Game Overs helped you git gud, people.

Cuphead is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
A quirky and colorful run & gun side scroller drawing from the wonderfully twisted cartoons of the 1930s. Go solo as the titular Cuphead or team up with the equally trigger-happy Mugman to take on devilishly gleeful bosses with your ever-growing powers.

Crazy for its tunes? Grab the OST separately.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited December 04, 2017 by maladr0Id
ReynardFox: Welp, people can finally stop ignorantly claiming the game looks easy or overly simple, shit's old-school NES hard.
How are the controls? Is Dean Takahashi actually a braindead moron or do the controls just suck?
VelveteenBastion: Played 2.5h 64% completion. Really? Unless the game consists of 150% copletion, it's bad.
I was wondering the same thing, I played around one hour and I am at 25%, maybe it's only the completion of the first world or new stuff unlock once you reach 100%

Anyway apart from the length worry, it's a great game, it looks great, very faithful to its "theme", my only regret, is that I am personally not a huge fan of boss rush, I would have preferred more standard plartforming sections with a boss fight at the end rather than mostly boss stages with a couple of separated "run and gun" sections, but it's not the game fault it's just a personal preference.
VelveteenBastion: Played 2.5h 64% completion. Really? Unless the game consists of 150% copletion, it's bad.
Gersen: I was wondering the same thing, I played around one hour and I am at 25%, maybe it's only the completion of the first world or new stuff unlock once you reach 100%
Nope, I'm world 3 - beginning - and I'm already at 64%.
fronzelneekburm: How are the controls? Is Dean Takahashi actually a braindead moron or do the controls just suck?
No issues with the controls, at least with a pad, haven't tried with a keyboard.
RadonGOG: Very curious to see some reviews on this as well.
Unfortunately GOG reviews smell like 90% fake. I really hate devs doing this.
darthspudius: It's suppose to be difficult but fair. Kind of like old Mega Man. I was referencing something there in that post, it's worth looking up :P
tremere110: Oh I know what you were talking about. It's why I said journalists were rallying behind one of their own. That playthrough was damn painful to watch. Apparently jump and then dash is a foreign concept. Some journalists are now saying that Cuphead was too difficult all along and that the former review was justified.

I'm calling BS on that...
I agree. My 9yr old song could have done that tutorial with his eyes closed. I was actually quite shocked the articles that the video spawned. Pretty sad but hilarious haha.
ReynardFox: Welp, people can finally stop ignorantly claiming the game looks easy or overly simple, shit's old-school NES hard.
fronzelneekburm: How are the controls? Is Dean Takahashi actually a braindead moron or do the controls just suck?
I think the resulting articles says enough about Dean haha.
Post edited September 30, 2017 by darthspudius
darthspudius: Though I've heard the tutorial is extremely difficult to pass.
I see what you did.
How hard is this game? Is it frustrating-I-never-want-to-play-this-again hard or rewarding-I-want-to-give-it-one-more-go-'cause-I-really-have-it-now hard?
Beautiful release!. And a hard game, not for everyone. ^_^
OdanUrr: How hard is this game? Is it frustrating-I-never-want-to-play-this-again hard or rewarding-I-want-to-give-it-one-more-go-'cause-I-really-have-it-now hard?
I'll let you know as soon as I play it, which will be as soon as I discover a way to disable vibration on my wireless 360 gamepad without taking it apart. Does anyone have any ideas? I think it's ridiculous that this seems to be the only way to disable it. I can't be the only person who detests vibration.
Post edited September 30, 2017 by finkleroy
OdanUrr: How hard is this game? Is it frustrating-I-never-want-to-play-this-again hard or rewarding-I-want-to-give-it-one-more-go-'cause-I-really-have-it-now hard?
finkleroy: I'll let you know as soon as I play it, which will be as soon as I discover a way to disable vibration on my wireless 360 gamepad without taking it apart. Does anyone have any ideas? I think it's ridiculous that this seems to be the only way to disable it. I can't be the only person who detests vibration.
Most games allow you to turn it off. Maybe there's some way to turn it off directly in Windows? Or via some unofficial controller software?
RadonGOG: Very curious to see some reviews on this as well.
DeMignon: Unfortunately GOG reviews smell like 90% fake. I really hate devs doing this.
Don't know if any of them are fake ( I doubt Devs would bother with such tactics, outside of their primary source of income, Steam ), but early reviews are usually meaningless. They're either 5 star reviews based on hype, or 1 star due to unrealistic expectations or technical issues. If you're interested in objective and fair user reviews, give it some time.
Post edited September 30, 2017 by CharlesGrey
stefanw1337: Please be the first ones to offer game music without having to buy the game itself. I want the OST for Cuphead, but not that interested in the game itself.
https://studiomdhr.bandcamp.com/releases
Controls are extremely fluid and responsive. Dean is a certified incompetent.
CharlesGrey: Most games allow you to turn it off. Maybe there's some way to turn it off directly in Windows? Or via some unofficial controller software?
I don't see an in-game option to disable vibration, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in Windows, either, so unless there's a config file I can edit to turn it off, I'd have to take apart the gamepad and remove the part that causes it to rumble.
Post edited September 30, 2017 by finkleroy
finkleroy: I don't see an in-game option to disable vibration, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in Windows, either, so unless there's a config file I can edit to turn it off, I'd have to take apart the gamepad and remove the part that causes it to rumble.
You have to wait for a patch .
http://steamcommunity.com/app/268910/discussions/0/1519260397783376351/#c1519260397783671019