It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Careful, there's a beverage here.

UPDATE: Cuphead has just been updated and -besides the various fixes and improvements- it now has GOG Galaxy Achievements support! Time to let everyone know how all these Game Overs helped you git gud, people.

Cuphead is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
A quirky and colorful run & gun side scroller drawing from the wonderfully twisted cartoons of the 1930s. Go solo as the titular Cuphead or team up with the equally trigger-happy Mugman to take on devilishly gleeful bosses with your ever-growing powers.

Crazy for its tunes? Grab the OST separately.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited December 04, 2017 by maladr0Id
takezodunmer2005: Could give two shits about what the "professional" industry reviews are, I only go by what Jim Sterling/Yahtzee/cynical Brit fellow user reviews has to say...Hell, even Angry Joe is a much more reliable source than these paid review whores...

As an illustrator that's been influenced by and a huge fan of 20th century animation, it's a guaranteed buy from me, though with the reputed obscene difficulty and my focus being drawn to the artwork, I'll have a really hard time playing this one! ;) It's actually easier for non artists I'll wager!
Yah, feel free to have your opinion!
darthspudius: Looks like a smashing game. Has been getting some serious feedback. Though I've heard the tutorial is extremely difficult to pass.
It's like the Dark Souls of 2D platformers, or something. (Dark Souls is a hard game, r-right? I'm a gamer too, the cake is a lie, arrow to the knee, hahaha)
Post edited September 29, 2017 by HiPhish
takezodunmer2005: Hell, even Angry Joe is a much more reliable source than these paid review whores...
You say that almost like Angry Joe might not be a reliable source but what the heck, just toss him in there anyway to get the point across ;)

Angry Joe absolutely is more reliable than alot of the "pros" and he is not afraid to go to town and call a scam a scam. That's why I love him at any rate.

Anyway, as for Cuphead. The game is an automatic buy for the art, music, and animations alone. Killer gameplay is a sidebonus here that makes something already clearly awesome, well, awesome-r. Pardon the bad use of English.

My wife who has little to no interest in games loved the gameplay vids I showed her on YT and just had me buy it and said she actually wants to play it. She's going to do horrible I know but it's a big thing just getting her to play one for me so hats off to Cuphead.
Post edited September 29, 2017 by darrkzun
Is there a reason why achievements are not working? Will they come eventually?
Pawel1995: Is there a reason why achievements are not working? Will they come eventually?
Well, the gamepage doesn't list achievements as a feature, so that's the reason. And if the game has achievements on Steam but not here, then that's probably because the developers didn't bother to spend any time doing achievements for what's likely a much smaller part of the game's playerbase.
Post edited September 29, 2017 by MightyPinecone
darthspudius: Looks like a smashing game. Has been getting some serious feedback. Though I've heard the tutorial is extremely difficult to pass.
tremere110: I hear the game itself is extremely difficult. Don't know if that is because game journalists are rallying behind one of their own or because it's genuinely hard. Will wait for more reviews from non-journalist players.
It's suppose to be difficult but fair. Kind of like old Mega Man. I was referencing something there in that post, it's worth looking up :P
Cypisss: LOL
Someone gets it? :D
Post edited September 29, 2017 by darthspudius
Welp, people can finally stop ignorantly claiming the game looks easy or overly simple, shit's old-school NES hard.
Pawel1995: Is there a reason why achievements are not working? Will they come eventually?
MightyPinecone: Well, the gamepage doesn't list achievements as a feature, so that's the reason.
You don't say..... My question was exactly, why it's not in the game / not listed on the store page.
Anime-BlackWolf: Wonder what is holding them up, same with the last "Shantae" game. :(
I'd like to know this myself...

GOG if you don't hurry up and get Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero I'm just gonna buy it on Switch instead. :P
MightyPinecone: Well, the gamepage doesn't list achievements as a feature, so that's the reason.
Pawel1995: You don't say..... My question was exactly, why it's not in the game / not listed on the store page.
Chances are it's because:
MightyPinecone: And if the game has achievements on Steam but not here, then that's probably because the developers didn't bother to spend any time doing achievements for what's likely a much smaller part of the game's playerbase.
Ok, please. If anyone has a source/quote mentioning anything about gog's achievement pls link it. I GUESSED the same thing that you wrote, but I would like to know for sure, not just guess around.
tremere110: I hear the game itself is extremely difficult. Don't know if that is because game journalists are rallying behind one of their own or because it's genuinely hard. Will wait for more reviews from non-journalist players.
darthspudius: It's suppose to be difficult but fair. Kind of like old Mega Man. I was referencing something there in that post, it's worth looking up :P
Oh I know what you were talking about. It's why I said journalists were rallying behind one of their own. That playthrough was damn painful to watch. Apparently jump and then dash is a foreign concept. Some journalists are now saying that Cuphead was too difficult all along and that the former review was justified.

I'm calling BS on that...
takezodunmer2005: Hell, even Angry Joe is a much more reliable source than these paid review whores...
darrkzun: You say that almost like Angry Joe might not be a reliable source but what the heck, just toss him in there anyway to get the point across ;)

Angry Joe absolutely is more reliable than alot of the "pros" and he is not afraid to go to town and call a scam a scam. That's why I love him at any rate.

Anyway, as for Cuphead. The game is an automatic buy for the art, music, and animations alone. Killer gameplay is a sidebonus here that makes something already clearly awesome, well, awesome-r. Pardon the bad use of English.

My wife who has little to no interest in games loved the gameplay vids I showed her on YT and just had me buy it and said she actually wants to play it. She's going to do horrible I know but it's a big thing just getting her to play one for me so hats off to Cuphead.
Heh, I might have put joe in the wrong context there, as I do indeed value him as a source, I should have used another example...I'll edit my post.
Please be the first ones to offer game music without having to buy the game itself. I want the OST for Cuphead, but not that interested in the game itself. Makes no sense to not offer this. The game itself has the music, so you could probably extract it from there anyway, but I just want the music, and not the game. Please make this an option, and don't be like Steam.. Please!

Since they don't want my money, I'll just get it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_05vumhwOs&list=PL8xrXIymoyrIh1qk1olcokqExXwT9FnAv
Post edited September 29, 2017 by stefanw1337
Played 2.5h 64% completion. Really? Unless the game consists of 150% copletion, it's bad.