It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Automatic, supersonic, hypnotic, funky fresh.

<span class="bold">Crookz - The Big Heist</span>, a funky tactical heist game is available now for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com with full support for GOG Galaxy Achievements.

Handlebar mustache and cherry-red plaid, get-rich-quick scheme and a true masterplan. Your crew is the best there is at what you do, but what you do isn't very nice - though it sure it is profitable. Still, breaking into the richest homes to steal the finest of jewelry can only stay exciting for so long. A grand opportunity, a rare world-famous jewel, a betrayal, and a falling out. Years later, you come together for one last job... Your master stroke.
Crookz is a tactical heist simulator straight from the funky 70's. Strongly inspired by world-class titles like Hitman and SWAT, it's a game of open-ended missions, rewarding planning and a mix of exploration. If it makes sense in the game world, you can probably use it to further your means.

Criminals always roller disco back to the crime scene, especially in <span class="bold">Crookz - The Big Heist</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com!
Telika: I... don't think it's the proper term here. "Coup de grâce" is a "death blow", not a "chef d'oeuvre" (masterpiece) or "chant du signe" (swansong) or crowning moment of awesome or "coup d'éclat", etc...

It's really used when you kill something dead (very very dead), or, metaphorically, when you completely utterly destroy something to bits - it's very much against something, to finish obliterating it. Is it used differently in english ?
Konrad: Boy, I'm so torn here.

I'm pretty confident that it can be used to describe any kind of "finishing touch" nowadays, without the negative connotation. It could be a question of misuse vs. semantic drift (and I tend to skew towards the latter), but I could also be dead wrong.

Either way, serves me right for trying to be fancy. Let's go for something more neutral. :p
Telika: (vote The Sting)
Konrad: Holy cow, this is just one of my favorite games and it was all kinds of broken last time I tried playing my old copy. Vote the bejesus out of it, please.
Well, I'm not french (nor swiss)... but "coup de grâce" means indeed something along the lines of "finishing blow" but this doesn't rhyme really well in the text (which it appears was edited by... master stroke... I'm not sure about that one either :P).

Well, at least you've accented it correctly, which is to be commended... :D
Konrad: Boy, I'm so torn here.

I'm pretty confident that it can be used to describe any kind of "finishing touch" nowadays, without the negative connotation. It could be a question of misuse vs. semantic drift (and I tend to skew towards the latter), but I could also be dead wrong.

Either way, serves me right for trying to be fancy. Let's go for something more neutral. :p

Holy cow, this is just one of my favorite games and it was all kinds of broken last time I tried playing my old copy. Vote the bejesus out of it, please.
yyahoo: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coup%20de%20gr%C3%A2ce?s=t

Dictionary lists "Death Blow" as the first definition and "finishing or decisive stroke" as the second. As a native speaker of English, Konrad's use seems perfectly correct. It certainly may have different primary uses depending upon your language or culture. I have no idea how the idiom is commonly used in its native France...
In France, it initially meant a mercy killing / killing blow at the end of combat (when you finish off a wounded opponent), and it's pretty much still used like that, although in a less murderous sense.

I see it used mostly for sports and arguments, and in both it's used to describe, in a discussion/match you were already winning, a last minute decisive move that will ensure total victory and completely destroy any hope your opponent may have to avoid complete defeat. for example "That third goal during the last 5 minutes of the match was the coup de grace for the losing team, they just don't try to win anymore".

So yeah, "killing blow". But if the sentence was used in English for some time, I imagine its signification for English and speakers had evolved, just like some English and German words used in French for some time have been distorted beyond all recognition ^^
Post edited August 26, 2015 by Kardwill
Hmm, definitely looks interesting. Love the 70s theme it have. Wishlisted for now untill i clear some of my recent rpg backlog.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by FoxySage
Gotta finish The Masterplan first, which is a "tactical heist simulator straight from the 70s" (minus the funky, except for the soundtrack). That one looks like a lighter version of this game, both in price and gameplay; TM doesn't have the character skills of this game, but they otherwise appear to be pretty close. Maybe TM will be my training grounds for Crooks.
I just don't get it why it doesn't provide a Linux version since there's one with Steam.

Wishlisted, I'll wait for now.