It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The red beret of justice.

<span class="bold">Cosmic Star Heroine</span>, a turn-based sci-fi RPG from the makers of Cthulhu Saves the World, is now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com with a 33% launch discount.

The world is in epic peril and only some good old-fashioned role-playing can save it! Join secret operative Alyssa L'Salle and her ragtag team, as they travel the galaxy to uncover a sinister conspiracy that threatens every last pixel of her world. Fancy tech, supernatural creatures, aliens, robots, exotic planets - this is a charming potpourri of sci-fi and fantasy elements that will keep you guessing and looking forward to the next surprise encounter. Before you beat the crap out of it.

The 33% discount will last until July 24, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by maladr0Id
If GOG decides to offer the OST ill buy the game. Otherwise....
ZaineH: Artbook and strategy guide that haven't released. There is also mention of wallpapers and avatars not listed with the standard edition, but those released here (and aren't on Humble yet).... so yeah, just the soundtrack so far. >.<
OdanUrr: Thanks for the answer! I'll just get it from GOG now and be on the lookout for a DE upgrade later on (if it comes to GOG, that is).
You're welcome! I just checked and it looks like the artbook should be coming out soon(ish).
Post edited July 18, 2017 by ZaineH
9.99 is the right price for a -QUALITY- classic/retro style jRPG, your launch discount sold it here btw, not the quality of the game itself... just sayin. Looks good tho!
rampancy: So, butthurt complaints about the protagonist's gender aside, has anyone tried this in WINE?
Why should we? The game is available on Linux directly… Oh, wait!
i_ni: I don't know many (if any) secret women operatives, past or present.
227: That's because they're that much more secretive.
(almost random) MiB quote:
Zed: May I ask why you felt little Tiffany deserved to die?
James Edwards: Well, she was the only one that actually seemed dangerous at the time, sir.
Zed: How'd you come to that conclusion?
James Edwards: Well, first I was gonna pop this guy hanging from the street light, and I realized, y'know, he's just working out. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' in the gym and bust me in my ass while I'm on the treadmill? Then I saw this snarling beast guy, and I noticed he had a tissue in his hand, and I'm realizing, y'know, he's not snarling, he's sneezing. Y'know, ain't no real threat there. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some shit, Zed.

i_ni: Is there a gender focus to the story(the struggle of a woman becoming a secret agent)?
227: This isn't one of those preachy games that hammers you over the head with the developer's pet issues. She doesn't struggle to become an agent because she starts out as one, and there are numerous other characters both male and female (and alien) who join the party. Gender is irrelevant in the same way that Chrono Trigger never got hung up on the main character's dangly bits.
Hmm, it's just the visuals then. BTW, Steam has "The Initial" as a top-seller - "THE INITIAL is a hyper action game about pretty schoolgirls battling against evil."
Already played this on PS4, but it's definitely one of the best JRPGs that I've played this decade. I can highly recommend it.
high rated
For everyone looking for the soundtrack, you can buy it from Bandcamp:

Cosmic Star Heroine OST

No DRM, no client/app to download, no download limit (AFAIK), you can pick from most popular lossless and lossy formats, and you get to support the artist directly (or as directly as possible).
Post edited July 18, 2017 by HK_47
HK_47: For everyone looking for the soundtrack, you can buy it from Bandcamp:

Cosmic Star Heroine OST

No DRM, no client/app to download, no download limit (AFAIK), you can pick from most popular lossless and lossy formats, and you get to support the artist directly (or as directly as possible).
Great tip. Thanks!
dtgreene: Does this game work in WINE, by any chance?

Regardless, it is still good to see another Western-developed JRPG here.
Yes, I played through 3 chapters in Wine Staging 2.12. I haven't had the chance to test the game in Wine 2.12-devel but it should work.

Only thing I noticed is that if you set the game to full screen it will crash in Wine but then once you start it up again, it will be in full screen mode and play just fine from that point on :)
Come on, it's one of the best JRPGs around - buy it now :)
great game
I had my eye on this one and knew it would come here. I can only wish list it for now. I'll get it when I finish Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky games...and get a bigger paycheck :'(