It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The red beret of justice.

<span class="bold">Cosmic Star Heroine</span>, a turn-based sci-fi RPG from the makers of Cthulhu Saves the World, is now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com with a 33% launch discount.

The world is in epic peril and only some good old-fashioned role-playing can save it! Join secret operative Alyssa L'Salle and her ragtag team, as they travel the galaxy to uncover a sinister conspiracy that threatens every last pixel of her world. Fancy tech, supernatural creatures, aliens, robots, exotic planets - this is a charming potpourri of sci-fi and fantasy elements that will keep you guessing and looking forward to the next surprise encounter. Before you beat the crap out of it.

The 33% discount will last until July 24, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by maladr0Id
Does this game work in WINE, by any chance?

Regardless, it is still good to see another Western-developed JRPG here.
Wow! What an exciting game description! Maybe make it even better with ALL CAPS!!!!!! Is the writing in-game just as exciting?! Oh, wait. In spite of 15/16 sentences in the game description ending with a BANG, I can't really get excited over a PS1-style game that won't even work on my system (Win7+ means DX10+ means no Wine support for me).

Edit:
Sorry for my pessimism there. The game actually works close to perfectly in Wine (at least for me). Pretty decent game, too, at least so far.
Post edited July 22, 2017 by darktjm
I'm a backer of the initial kickstarter. Thrilled to see it finally reach release on GOG.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by rjspring
Wow!!!! Game description shows a lot of affection for exclamation marks!!!!
Post edited July 17, 2017 by petitmal
Putting the hypercaffeinated description aside, this game is really good. Really really good. It's got great combat, likable characters, good humor, and amazing pacing that never wastes your time or pads itself out.

(And that's coming from someone who didn't care for Breath of Death VII or Cthulhu Saves the World.)
Oh, now its here....months after I bought it on Humble ;-)
IFW: Welcome to GOG :)

How about releasing Cthulhu Saves the World here or all your old games in a bundle please...?
If you must have: get the game DRM free from gamersgate i got Cthulhu Saves the World there because evwryone was so full of it i had to see for myself, and imo its a average game, but thats because these are not my type of games so i cant give a positive review, also it uses keyboard, and has no mouse options.

I think i also own the Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land game , but thats a steam game, and published by Red Wasp Design so i guess it is not a zeboyd game.

It looked cool from the videos but after playing it ( first it needs steam to run or be running all the time and i only play steam games that run everywhere one installed, am not to fond of (steam)clients running and snooping around 24/7 on my pc.) it was not what i expected, many games are not what they see cause nowadays a decent playable demo is very hard to get ( maybe thats because they are afraid they dont like the game)

Anyway, all my old classic retail games i own were bought because of a good playable demo, so demo's do add something, and with demo's anyone can play and test and bugs can be found and solved much faster instead of selling the game ( no demo) and give the gamer a box full of bugs......

Schnuff: Oh, now its here....months after I bought it on Humble ;-)
april this year on steam:

Release Date: 11 Apr, 2017
Thats 3 months ago

Steam User reviews:
Recent:
Very Positive (23 reviews)
Overall:
Very Positive (128 reviews)

Anyway, i will wait for some more Good Old Games to arrive, games i played and know they are good.
So far there has been nothing on the newcoming list this year and last year that i like and can play: titles i might like always have high requirements and games i dont like are usually playable on recommended, so thats why i stick to the old games.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by gamesfreak64
low rated
(Rant)
I honestly don't get it - why are every second game and movie "politically correct" by appointing she-characters in a story having no reality check when it comes to women? I'm bored to the bones. Will not buy because of it, sorry, even if the game excels in story and design.

What makes the story woman-driven?

Will have to rewatch "As Good as It Gets" (1997) to calm down.
Thank you for this release GOG
A must warn you, that the default download page leads to the gog galaxy installer version - without a warning it installed the galaxy and the game too... gog.com, I suggest you to change the default download page to the classic installers, as it is with the other games.
Post edited July 17, 2017 by blobov
i_ni: (Rant)
I honestly don't get it - why are every second game and movie "politically correct" by appointing she-characters in a story having no reality check when it comes to women?
It may be because political correctness requires you to have women characters, but then the same political correctness prevents you from giving them any interesting flaws or having them make any mistakes to "empower" them. So they usually end up being mary sues with no space to grow.

I don't know if this is the case for this game (and I really hope it isn't because it looks very nice), but I think this is what you were asking.
Post edited February 12, 2018 by Hollyhock
blobov: I suggest you to change the default download page to the classic installers, as it is with the other games.
It's not. If a game has both Galaxy and classic installers, Galaxy installers are the default (though there should be a message under the installers). If a game doesn't have Galaxy installers, classic installers are the default.
Adalia's script does add a toggle if you are interested in changing the defaults.
blobov: I suggest you to change the default download page to the classic installers, as it is with the other games.
JMich: It's not. If a game has both Galaxy and classic installers, Galaxy installers are the default (though there should be a message under the installers). If a game doesn't have Galaxy installers, classic installers are the default.
Adalia's script does add a toggle if you are interested in changing the defaults.
Sorry, you were right, this is my first game with galaxy installer... well, it was an unpleasant surprise by the way.
I honestly don't get it - why are every second game and movie "politically correct" by appointing she-characters in a story having no reality check when it comes to women? I'm bored to the bones. Will not buy because of it, sorry, even if the game excels in story and design.

So you would buy this if the story was male-driven or is it that you like to have a choice at the beginning of the game?

(Rant)
I honestly don't get it - why are every second game and movie "politically correct" by appointing he-characters in a story having no reality check when it comes to men? I'm bored to the bones. Will not buy because of it, sorry, even if the game excels in story and design.

What makes the story man-driven?

(Rant over)

See how your rant looks with just a little gender-swapping? (Note that the "will not buy because of it" does not apply to this game, at least not for me; it was only there because the original rant had it.")