It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enjoy a faithful adaptation of a strategic board game ranked as one of the top board games of all time. Concordia: Digital Edition is now available on GOG.COM along with 12% discount that will disappear on 5th October 2021, at 10 AM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
I am glad that this can be a single player experience. Will keep an eye out for reviews.
This game is so German that the Settlers looks like the Munchkins in comparison /j
Dogmaus: This game is so German that the Settlers looks like the Munchkins in comparison /j
My thoughts exactly! :D It must be the name, Concordia, which, for some unknown reason, I connect with Bavaria. ;)
Post edited September 28, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Aaaand another title with 3rd party account needed for multiplayer in the catalogue of our favourite DRM-free store. No thank you.
Ueber: Aaaand another title with 3rd party account needed for multiplayer in the catalogue of our favourite DRM-free store. No thank you.
What's the problem with that? As long as access is possible without Galaxy it's both common as well as acceptable, for me, at least. That's not like Hitman after all.
low rated
Ueber: Aaaand another title with 3rd party account needed for multiplayer in the catalogue of our favourite DRM-free store. No thank you.
What do you want? Free multiplayer infrastructure?
high rated
Mori_Yuki: What's the problem with that? As long as access is possible without Galaxy it's both common as well as acceptable, for me, at least. That's not like Hitman after all.
The problem usually isn't with Galaxy, but the lack direct TCP/IP LAN multiplayer, which isn't reliant on any external service and tends to be a permanently available solution.
Any hotseat mode?

A bit too expensive too tbh.
Mori_Yuki: What's the problem with that? As long as access is possible without Galaxy it's both common as well as acceptable, for me, at least. That's not like Hitman after all.
soosgjr: The problem usually isn't with Galaxy, but the lack direct TCP/IP LAN multiplayer, which isn't reliant on any external service and tends to be a permanently available solution.
Now I get it, yes, it would be great if games like this one would support it natively. On the other hand there are Hamachi and Game Ranger to compensate for the lack of direct IP/LAN in many games.
Zoidberg: Any hotseat mode?

A bit too expensive too tbh.
According to Acram's website
it got a hot-seat mode. The third party account needed to play online will be Playfab
Neat board game vibe. Wishlisted.

Can't comment on the multiplayer part, as long as singleplayer is not locked behind a login wall.
The game looks attractive. The concept of trade focused empire buiding games is always very interesting.It reminds me a mix between the trade concept of Europa Universalis and Machiavelli the Prince. The Tabletop appeal is charming too. Wishlisted. The incoming army of DLC's is frightening, though
Gudadantza: The game looks attractive. The concept of trade focused empire buiding games is always very interesting.It reminds me a mix between the trade concept of Europa Universalis and Machiavelli the Prince. The Tabletop appeal is charming too. Wishlisted. The incoming army of DLC's is frightening, though
My thought exactly. Concordia looks nice and tidy but grand European strategy + DLCs remind me badly of Paradox games and their abusive myriad of DLCs that, let's be honest, are necessary if you want a normal and full game experience.

I'll wait for Concordia's DLCs to be revealed before contemplating buying even the base game.
Gudadantza: The game looks attractive. The concept of trade focused empire buiding games is always very interesting.It reminds me a mix between the trade concept of Europa Universalis and Machiavelli the Prince. The Tabletop appeal is charming too. Wishlisted. The incoming army of DLC's is frightening, though
r8V9b1X3u9VcA12p: My thought exactly. Concordia looks nice and tidy but grand European strategy + DLCs remind me badly of Paradox games and their abusive myriad of DLCs that, let's be honest, are necessary if you want a normal and full game experience.

I'll wait for Concordia's DLCs to be revealed before contemplating buying even the base game.
I believe that those DLC's will be some kind of new campaigns of zoomed i regional maps focused in the respective zones

In one of the screenshots I can see Empre maps with big zones or provinces and other screenshots more focused in Italy for example. The names of some DLC's can give us clues with things like Crete an Greece, etc... They wll be some new campaigns for the base game.
r8V9b1X3u9VcA12p: My thought exactly. Concordia looks nice and tidy but grand European strategy + DLCs remind me badly of Paradox games and their abusive myriad of DLCs that, let's be honest, are necessary if you want a normal and full game experience.

Gudadantza: I believe that those DLC's will be some kind of new campaigns of zoomed i regional maps focused in the respective zones

In one of the screenshots I can see Empre maps with big zones or provinces and other screenshots more focused in Italy for example. The names of some DLC's can give us clues with things like Crete an Greece, etc... They wll be some new campaigns for the base game.
You're right, it looks like the base game only has Italy containing distinct provinces which makes sense for the game and DLCs' releases because Rome conquered first villages around itself then the entire peninsula then extra-italian territories that seem to be considered as unique blocks in the base game.

Out of solidarity with you, I'll play Hispania DLC before the Gallia one :-) First thing first: build many forts on Ibiza to repell the worst tribe of all: TOURISTS, or backup strategy... tax them to death (inspired by modern day Ibiza)!

Hm, 3 new DLCs just popped-up...