It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The second coming of the classic RTS series.

Three more Close Combat games have arrived, DRM-free and up to 50% off until March 27, 1PM UTC.
Modern Tactics, Cross of Iron, and Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg join our ranks, bringing the Close Combat invasion closer to completion.

Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg, available exclusively on GOG.com, recreates the pivotal amphibious campaign launched by the Allied forces on the northern shore of France, in a desperate attempt to breach Germany's defenses.

Cross of Iron is an enhanced version of Close Combat 3: The Russian Front, featuring better visuals and sound, alongside some light RPG elements, like veteran troops that gain extra skills after surviving a battle.

Modern Tactics introduces a more contemporary setting to the series, with 25 scenarios inspired by real or fictional events of our times, playing out in top-down fashion. Also included is a scenario editor that allows you to set up your very own skirmishes.

Purchase any of the Close Combat games on GOG.com to get the original Close Combat as a bonus goodie.

If you have some series catching up to do, check out our special Close Combat sale, which ends March 26, 10PM UTC.
badon: I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 133 MHz is far lower than my test system at 1.33 GHz. 1.33 GHz is the same as 1330 MHz, and it's 100 times faster than 133 MHz. A 133 MHz CPU was valuable hardware circa 1996, but today you might have difficulty finding a modern device with a CPU that runs that slow. A PC made today might have more "power" than that in many of its minor components.
SansearVX: Just to say a copy and paste of windows 7 minimum requeriments are more realistic than these numbers, sounds as a mistake to list hardware that cant even run the SO alone. On a side note my old pc for games are far better(3.33GHz, 3GB RAM) but with XP for SO to get working a bunch of original games not from GOG, the Close Combat series version here asks for windows 7(guess this is for GOG Galaxy compability) so is not for me now since my newer PC are really whitout space.
I think its less about gog galaxy and more that when gog talks about older games they're thinking XP and earlier while the compatibility fixes are intended for Win7 and later. Vista would likely be forgotten in this instance. As they develop galaxy then it'll likely be more of an issue I'd imagine.
How soon and how much do prices drop on "new old" games like these? I just tried Close Combat 2, and it's the real-time tactics (RTT) game I have been looking for. All of them have very low system requirements, including the newer ones with nicer graphics, and I'm tempted to just grab everything at the current prices even though I'm guessing prices will drop by half in 6 months or a year or whatever. Can anyone offer any guidance on that? It would be a very poor financial decision to spend nearly $90 on these games, but a very fun gaming decision to acquire the whole series!

Patience...patience...pati AARRRRRRRGH!
badon: How soon and how much do prices drop on "new old" games like these? I just tried Close Combat 2, and it's the real-time tactics (RTT) game I have been looking for. All of them have very low system requirements, including the newer ones with nicer graphics, and I'm tempted to just grab everything at the current prices even though I'm guessing prices will drop by half in 6 months or a year or whatever. Can anyone offer any guidance on that? It would be a very poor financial decision to spend nearly $90 on these games, but a very fun gaming decision to acquire the whole series!

Patience...patience...pati AARRRRRRRGH!
Prices do not drop. You have to wait for sales to buy them with a discount.
Good GOG Almighty. Now I own the whole series. Thanks GOG!

I did some checking around and my opinion is the older games might drop a little in the coming months, but other than that, the prices are already very stable with GOG being the lowest I could find historically. So, there isn't much benefit to be gained by waiting, and I decided to buy everything.

I was impressed by the high status these games have among actual military professionals who use what they learn from training with these games in actual combat situations. Interesting.