It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank is now available DRM-free. Get it 10% off until June 24th, 5pm UTC.

Along with a few friends, Chook & Sosig get creative while roleplaying as pirates. When you need to hunt for fabled treasure, you need some weird pals to join your quest! Join a ghostly chicken and a wobbly spaghetti cat as they seek fabled treasures, solve puzzles, wear dashing hats, and who knows what else!

They may not be actual pirates, but they’ve heard all the classic tales. What could go wrong?
RedRagan: For me the word "Chook" is tainted forever after the Projared debacle.
faroot: I missed that one -- and "chook" is not in the Projared wikipedia article, and searching for those two keywords gets no hits.

In any case, given the Australia/New Zealand definition of "chook" as essentially just "chick"/"chicken", I think your taint is overgeneralized.

Wait, that doesn't sound right...
To make it more clear I was a fan and subscriber to Holly Konrad who divorced Ross Konrad of Game Grumps to continue her affair with Jared. Holly love to call all her pet birds "Chook" and we thought it was adorable until we found out she's the one who hurt Ross' feeling. Now we prefer to call her "That two faced lying bitch"
faroot: I missed that one -- and "chook" is not in the Projared wikipedia article, and searching for those two keywords gets no hits.

In any case, given the Australia/New Zealand definition of "chook" as essentially just "chick"/"chicken", I think your taint is overgeneralized.

Wait, that doesn't sound right...
RedRagan: To make it more clear I was a fan and subscriber to Holly Konrad who divorced Ross Konrad of Game Grumps to continue her affair with Jared. Holly love to call all her pet birds "Chook" and we thought it was adorable until we found out she's the one who hurt Ross' feeling. Now we prefer to call her "That two faced lying bitch"
Quite the soap opera.

But the poor birds are innocents in this! :)

Chickens just seem to be underfoot everywhere. Slime Rancher, for instance.
Art style is dope, reminds me of a kids kindergarten book.
Post edited June 18, 2019 by .Ra
high rated
Well... I actually did it: INSTABOUGHT!

Dear TookiPalooki, your game about a ghost chicken and a spaghetti cat has the honor of being the first game I've bought on release day since...... Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, I believe (wow, that was 16 years ago... I feel old).

Not only that, but you're also dethroning Morrowind when it comes to the most money I've spent on a single game from a digital-store (that'd be $6.69 for Morrowind when I joined GOG three-and-a-half years ago). Even with over 400 games in my GOG library, I tend to almost always be a strict discount-watcher (ie. a total cheapskate), usually trying to wait for discounts of at least 80%, whenever possible. But hey, with an insanely-massive backlog and very limited budget, it's an understandable position, right? Also GOG is an enabler by offering great sales; it's totally not my fault! (...okay maybe it's a little bit my fault :P)

And you know what? Point-and-click adventures aren't even really my thing, normally... unless they have brilliant humor along the lines of Monkey Island, then they can pull me in, sure. Maybe Chook & Sosig's humor is also that amazing? I don't know, I haven't played it yet, but maybe. All I know for sure is...

...those gorgeous backgrounds are FREAKING FABTACULAR! The artstyle in general feels in a lot of ways like a cross between Adventure Time and... spiffy-keen.com? (when this game was announced in a "Coming soon" post on GOG last month, I almost-seriously wondered if spiffy-keen's artist had moved to New Zealand and changed her name to Sarah, lol)

In all seriousness, though, it'll probably be a long time before I actually get around to playing this game. My backlog is insane, and also, I uh.... I have Windows XP. I'm not even sure if I can run anything from GOG anymore, for the time being, at least while still stuck with this ancient computer... ;_; That's just a temporary concern though. The important thing is that I would have felt guilty if I didn't support this release with a purchase after being as impressed by the artstyle as I was last month, seemingly coming out-of-nowhere. Those BACKGROUNDS, man.... those BACKGROUNDS. :O~~~~~~~~

...also my first GOG-forum post. Hi GOG people~
Limberry: I uh.... I have Windows XP.
OLD SKOOL O_O
also hi!
Bought. Hell knows I can't resist cartoony hand drawn graphic adventures.
faroot: Developers also sell/give away various art/music assets there for use by other developers.
Yes, itch.io is very creator friendly as you can share or sell anything you want (games, books, music...), you can use simple APIs to do so and you can even specify yourself what percentage the platform (itch.io) will earn.

GOG is my favourite platform for games but if something doesn't make it here I will gladly buy it from itch.io as long it's DRM-free.
One of the characters looks a bit like Baphomet...ish, I dig it. :)

Edit: On a second glance, he/she/it doesn't, the design still looks great though. :)
Post edited June 18, 2019 by NuffCatnip
Hmm... this seems cute... what is it?

*Looks through screenshots...*

THERE IS A KAKAPO AND A TUATARA IN THIS SCREENSHOT, WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?

Well done, TookiPalooki! Your game looks absolutely gorgeous, and I would almost buy it for the art and fauna alone.

Rarely have I been so gutted that a game does not have a Linux version. Sigh.
The art looks a lot like The Little Acre, another p'n'c' adventure game my niece loved.
Will there be other languages too in the near future? I am interested in hungarian. Thank you in advance.
wishlisted
Btw, the dev released a first patch yesterday to fix some typos and she told me she sent it to Steam and GOG at the same time, but so far, for some reason, it doesn't seem to have been uploaded by GOG yet (hopefully that's only due to quality control?). If you're bothered by typos, it might be worth waiting for that before playing. I also noticed a few minor bugs that might be fixed in the next patch.
Leroux: it doesn't seem to have been uploaded by GOG yet
Version 1.97 is available via GOG Galaxy! Typically these are quickly available and automated like on Steam.

But the offline installers on the other hand are a manual process which takes more time (especially during weekends or holidays).