It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stack your cards against the stuck-up aristocrats.

<span class="bold">Children of Zodiarcs</span>, a story-driven tactical RPG where you go up against the corrupt aristocracy, is now available DRM-Free, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and a 10% launch discount.

Can a band of humble thieves change the course of history and disrupt a tyrannical ruling caste? If they're crafty or leveled up enough, why not! You just need a neat deck of combat cards, some favorable rolls of the dice, and a kickass team of charming miscreants. Now go out there and make some trouble but watch out for rival gangs or the persistent city guards.

Add some flair to your exploits with the game's digital soundtrack and a PDF artbook - grab the <span class="bold">Collector's Edition</span> now or <span class="bold">upgrade</span> later.

The 10% discount will last until July 25, 5PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
Very strange pricing. The "Collector's Edition Upgrade" is currently $7.19, while the full bundle is $18.62, only $2.43 more than the standard version ($16.99).

Interesting to note, the same bundle is $20.58 on Steam.
Optional Content For Purchase
Children of Zodiarcs Collector's Upgrade $7.19, while the the full package is only

Description
Included goodies: soundtrack (MP3) + artworks

About: Children of Zodiarcs Collector's Upgrade includes the game's digital soundtrack, alongside a PDF artbook containing imagery from throughout the game's development process.
With that said, you'd think when we're paying for "Goodies" we could at least get a lossless soundtrack. You guys (the publisher, not GOG) want to sell digital collector's items to simulate physical goodies, while skimping on the quality.
Post edited July 18, 2017 by djdarko
sigh.

i'm not sure if i'm into this.

on the one hand...decks and cards!

on the other...dice? urgh. noooooo.

[but also, that weird setup with the extras. that's not good.]
Glad to see this isn't going to be Steamsclusive afterall (after the "Square Enix Collective" was involved). Instabuy. I'm almost done with Regalia...
tRPG by "Cardboard Utopia - indie video game studio located in Montreal, Canada" - sold.

Edit: For those interested: https://cardboard-utopia.squarespace.com/about#studio
Post edited July 18, 2017 by i_ni
How deep is the single-player? I'd be eager to play a meaty singleplayer deck-builder.
lostwolfe: sigh.

i'm not sure if i'm into this.

on the one hand...decks and cards!

on the other...dice? urgh. noooooo.

[but also, that weird setup with the extras. that's not good.]
Hmm, I think almost every tactical RPG has some randomess in it. So why not seeing the dice to be thrown instead of only seeing a random number for (for example) hitpoints? :/
What the heck is this?
Instabuy.
Nice release! ^_^
Heya,

I wasn't sure where to post this, but it looks like there's a typo on this game's title card on the front page. It's listed as being for "Window" instead of "Windows." :)

We've all been there! Sorry to nit-pick. Looks like a cool game!
Attachments:
zodiarcs.png (399 Kb)
Havent really delved into the whole card based stuff.. like another said, how is the single player story depth?.
(also is there any voice acting??.. yes odd question to ask....) :D
Post edited July 19, 2017 by Niggles
mqstout: Glad to see this isn't going to be Steamsclusive afterall (after the "Square Enix Collective" was involved). Instabuy. I'm almost done with Regalia...
Yeh, I just noticed an email from Square-ENIX advertising this game.

For a brief second I hoped GoG had finally got Square-ENIX to release more of their stuff, but it looks like the Devs are doing this on their own.
Damn it Gog, I'm going to have to start making more money to buy all these games I've been wishlisting recently (and find time to play them too)
djdarko: Very strange pricing. The "Collector's Edition Upgrade" is currently $7.19, while the full bundle is $18.62, only $2.43 more than the standard version ($16.99).
Also strange discounts... I thought the different discounts would be a glitch. And they already have changed the 19% discount in the announcement to 10%. But the Collector's Edition nevertheless still has a 19% discount.

But even with the base prices the developers try to milk people which upgrade from the standard edition as the upgrade is 60% more expensive than the price difference between the two editions.
Post edited July 19, 2017 by eiii
Good reviews so far:
http://www.dualshockers.com/children-of-zodiarcs-review/
http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/children-of-the-zodiarcs-review/