It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stack your cards against the stuck-up aristocrats.

<span class="bold">Children of Zodiarcs</span>, a story-driven tactical RPG where you go up against the corrupt aristocracy, is now available DRM-Free, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and a 10% launch discount.

Can a band of humble thieves change the course of history and disrupt a tyrannical ruling caste? If they're crafty or leveled up enough, why not! You just need a neat deck of combat cards, some favorable rolls of the dice, and a kickass team of charming miscreants. Now go out there and make some trouble but watch out for rival gangs or the persistent city guards.

Add some flair to your exploits with the game's digital soundtrack and a PDF artbook - grab the <span class="bold">Collector's Edition</span> now or <span class="bold">upgrade</span> later.

The 10% discount will last until July 25, 5PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
lostwolfe: sigh.

i'm not sure if i'm into this.

on the one hand...decks and cards!

on the other...dice? urgh. noooooo.

[but also, that weird setup with the extras. that's not good.]
Silverhawk170485: Hmm, I think almost every tactical RPG has some randomess in it. So why not seeing the dice to be thrown instead of only seeing a random number for (for example) hitpoints? :/
i would strongly prefer it if it had cards that dealt "exact damage" [card says: this unit deals four damage to the opposing unit] and you know precisely what you're getting into.

along the way, i would strongly prefer it if it used a kind of movement system [i don't think the dice rolling affects movement, but you never know] that's /fixed/ but based on a currency like "time units" from xcom. [tu's]

finally: in a rpg, it's the WORST when your level ups are in the hands of the gods.

basically: dice make the strategy part of strategy gaming less interesting to me.
lostwolfe: ...
basically: dice make the strategy part of strategy gaming less interesting to me.
This is advertised as a tactical RPG. I believe randomness is a better fit when it comes to combat, especially a ranged one. Would there be any military school graduates who can enlighten us?
Wow! This looks amazing, the whole combination of tactical combat, cards and dice make this very exciting. Another gem for the GOG catalogue.
looks pretty interesting! Anyone in here who already played it for more than 5 hours and can share how it actually "plays" ?
TT_TT_TT_TT: looks pretty interesting! Anyone in here who already played it for more than 5 hours and can share how it actually "plays" ?
Anyone who played it for 5 hours cannot tell you anything, since he didn´t played it long enough, unless you´re in for personal feeling rather than objective assessment :)
About 2 hours here. I am usually not interested in these kind of games, but the only reason I stopped playing was that I had some real work to do. You can re- roll some dices which actually adds an interesting risk reward system to the already good core tactical card game. The only thing i don't like so far is shaking the dice by moving the pointer... it's pointless.
Children of Zodiarcs is being streamed on GOG's official twitch channel, right now, if people want to check out the game being played live.

Sadly, it's a MegapiemanPHD stream.
IFW: The only thing i don't like so far is shaking the dice by moving the pointer... it's pointless.
Within minutes I hit the checkbox in the options to make it auto-roll.

lostwolfe: basically: dice make the strategy part of strategy gaming less interesting to me.
As you explore the game, you get various dice upgrades you can "equip", which you have to vary depending on which cards you put into your decks to work with different strategies.

There is also, while playing, choosing which dice to reroll, which is often a tough choice... it previews the list of possible results. Do you reroll that -1 damage for a slim chance at 5 healing, etc.
Post edited July 24, 2017 by mqstout
Thanks, the auto-roll sounds like a lifesaver :)
TT_TT_TT_TT: looks pretty interesting! Anyone in here who already played it for more than 5 hours and can share how it actually "plays" ?
Tarhiel: Anyone who played it for 5 hours cannot tell you anything, since he didn´t played it long enough, unless you´re in for personal feeling rather than objective assessment :)
well i was just looking for a first subjective feeling after these 5 hours ^^ meaning if the game has become more interesting during that time frame considered expectations or less interesting or well if already some game design flaws have become apparent or not ^^. Obviously i was not expecting an objective overall review ^^. Just a "ya i think that game and gameplay works" or a "well not really sure bc feature xyz doesnt seem that good" 1^
Just bought, as it sounds interesting, and it's nice to support a new developer.

Can't wait to join you all on the quest.
lostwolfe: basically: dice make the strategy part of strategy gaming less interesting to me.
mqstout: As you explore the game, you get various dice upgrades you can "equip", which you have to vary depending on which cards you put into your decks to work with different strategies.

There is also, while playing, choosing which dice to reroll, which is often a tough choice... it previews the list of possible results. Do you reroll that -1 damage for a slim chance at 5 healing, etc.
this all makes it sound MORE wonky. good lord.

but thank you for taking the time to detail that. every little bit of information helps.