It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Children of Morta is now available DRM-free.

Children of Morta sets its story in a distant land but copes with themes closer to our daily lives that one would expect. It is a story of simple emotions we all know so well and value more than sometimes we dare to admit: love and hope, longing and uncertainty, ultimately loss and sacrifice we are willing to make to save the ones we care the most for.

Embark on the adventure of an extraordinary family of heroes. With the Corruption spreading through the land, guardians of the Mountain Morta have to stand up against the ancient evil. But... it's not a story about saving the universe. It’s a story about a valiant family standing together while the world around them is being devoured by darkness.
I did mention above that you can remap controls; it would be weird if that didn't include keyboard, but I just checked and it does. Although the option doesn't seem to be available in the main menu so you have to be in-game first.
eric5h5: I did mention above that you can remap controls; it would be weird if that didn't include keyboard, but I just checked and it does. Although the option doesn't seem to be available in the main menu so you have to be in-game first.
Thank you!
Great game is great. And the title is awesome.
Quite high system requirements for this dated graphics. Unfortunately the game comes without a Linux version, so it would be good to try out the demo some people mentioned on Wine. But I do not see a demo being available here?
eiii: Quite high system requirements for this dated graphics. Unfortunately the game comes without a Linux version, so it would be good to try out the demo some people mentioned on Wine. But I do not see a demo being available here?
The devs took the fairly unusual step of having the demo up (basically the first dungeon, plus the first two characters - warrior/archer) up for like 5 days earlier this summer and then took it down - just as a teaser, really - which they referred to as the "Exclusive Pre-Release Demo."

It doesn't appear that they brought the demo back up post-release on Steam either. Why they would do it that way, particularly as someone who liked the demo, I'm not quite sure. They put the work in to have one. But it does not appear one is currently available on any platform, for any system, alas.
bler144: It doesn't appear that they brought the demo back up post-release on Steam either. Why they would do it that way, particularly as someone who liked the demo, I'm not quite sure. They put the work in to have one. But it does not appear one is currently available on any platform, for any system, alas.
Too bad it's not available anymore. Thanks for the info!
Children of Morta covered its production cost.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/330020/announcements/detail/3471635616413823434
Post edited September 13, 2019 by BeatriceElysia
Children of Morta: Paws and Claws

Now that's all fine and well, but is there a chance for the soundtrack to be finally released separately as well (especially if you missed out on it the first time around)? Alongside other bonus extras like a digital art book or something?