It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cat Quest and Cat Quest II are now available DRM-free. Get them up to 30% off until November 13th, 3pm UTC.

Cat Quest is an open world RPG set in the pawsome world of cats! In search of your catnapped sister you pounce into the massive continent of Felingard - a world crafted in the style of overworld maps of yore and purring with cat-tastic characters, stories, and puns!
:3

At any case, I'm so glad that Cat Quest is here, especially Cat Quest 2! Thanks GOG and dev!
VanishedOne: How long is the first one? The game page's 'popular achievements' section has percentages like 50% having finished the main quest, 50% having cleared all dungeons and 75% having gained all armours and weapons, which seems rather brisk for a game released under four hours ago.
I don't own the game but howlongtobeat.com says 6 hours.
Midnight_Wolf: Well you sound like the life and soul of the party... Nice way to kill the mood :V
nightcraw1er.488: It’s necessary. I wish someone had been here to point out that tempest is a mobile game, I wouldn’t have wasted my money on it. Now cat quest is a much better game than that, but it is a mobile game, so not a huge amount of depth. As I said I would put a couple of quid there, but not at current prices. Whereas tempest I wouldn’t recommend you download if given free.
These kind of games are suposed to be played in short bursts and then picked up later again so generally speaking mobile games tend to be on the casual side.
Depth isnt what the purpose of most mobile games are made for but im sure there are exceptions.
nightcraw1er.488: It’s necessary. I wish someone had been here to point out that tempest is a mobile game, I wouldn’t have wasted my money on it. Now cat quest is a much better game than that, but it is a mobile game, so not a huge amount of depth. As I said I would put a couple of quid there, but not at current prices. Whereas tempest I wouldn’t recommend you download if given free.
Lodium: These kind of games are suposed to be played in short bursts and then picked up later again so generally speaking mobile games tend to be on the casual side.
Depth isnt what the purpose of most mobile games are made for but im sure there are exceptions.
Yes, am aware, I own it on the ipad. And it’s ok, in short bursts. Just not the depth for a pc game commanding higher prices, imo.
I hadn't realized until now that Cat Quest was under the same publishing label as some other Japanese games I own elsewhere. PQUBE has had some very unique and fun games. Here's hoping PQube actually brings more here in the future! Thanks for adding these games!
Post edited November 07, 2019 by JinseiNGC224
VanishedOne: How long is the first one? The game page's 'popular achievements' section has percentages like 50% having finished the main quest, 50% having cleared all dungeons and 75% having gained all armours and weapons, which seems rather brisk for a game released under four hours ago.
Robette: I don't own the game but howlongtobeat.com says 6 hours.
For some reason, 'popular achievements' has disappeared from the catalogue page (though CQ2 still has it).
Whoa! What a pleasant surprise! Glad I avoided buying them on steam! Welcome to GOG!
Just wish CQ1 was on Connect...

Bought it a while back, been holding off on CQ2 because I'm kinda getting away from Steam as much as possible, now that this is here I'll definitely be buying CQ2 on GOG but I'm hoping for Connect or a MUCH better sale on a game that I've owned for so long via both Steam and Switch.
MarianFA: These releases do not appear to be catastrophes but rather appear to be concatenations of many good things worth pursuing.
I had to upvote you for being able to use the word concatenations correctly enough in a sentence.
Post edited November 07, 2019 by AvatarX001
I simply cannot stand the animation in this game, everything has the same kind of twitchy 'stop-start' movement that infuriates me about a lot of modern ADD fuelled cartoons (Gumball being a prime example).
Post edited November 07, 2019 by ReynardFox
Honestly, I didn't known that Cat Quest started out as a mobile game. However, I don't think that has impacted the PC release. It is an easy game for sure, like Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap, and Dragon Quest 11, but all three of these games have a special quality to them. They have such an inviting aesthetic to them, that you actually fondly remember them. You end up humming the songs as you play. You're looking forward to getting back to playing them, even though you aren't addicted to their gameplay or storyline. Personally I can't name any other game, off the top of my head, that don't hook you up, just by having an addicting gameplay/storyline. You can put these games down, and come back the next day and still have a smile on your face while you play. There's a certain sense of adventure permeating your entire playthrough.

If you were to have told me these were Nintendo games(like Zelda or Mario), I wouldn't have doubted you for a second.
Post edited November 07, 2019 by MadalinStroe
Extremely happy to see these two games around here. I have both on my Nintendo Switch, but I will buy again, and with great pleasure, here at GOG, mainly because they added achievements to the games and this will increase the replay.

Both Cat Quest 1 and 2 are adorable games. Even though they are RPGs, they are not that complex, but maybe that's where the charm lies (besides the protagonism of cats, of course). They are very fluid, have a good soundtrack and are pleasurable.

If you like RPGs, buy without fear. It is a note 8 game.
I had CQ on my phone. Awesome game, but wonky to play on a touch screen.
I got it on my Switch. Even better, now that I have actual controls to work with.
Then it comes to GOG?

Okay, not only am I planning to buy the new one, but repurchase the original yet again.

Of course, since I need to buy it again, my price is considerably lower than the second two times I purchased it. I'll give 'em more than a dollar, which is what I paid on Android, but $10 is too steep for the fourth time of picking up the same game.

Now, if CQ1 was on Connect...

I'd get my copy of that and immediately throw money at CQ2 as well.
Waldschatten: I had CQ on my phone. Awesome game, but wonky to play on a touch screen.
I got it on my Switch. Even better, now that I have actual controls to work with.
Then it comes to GOG?

Okay, not only am I planning to buy the new one, but repurchase the original yet again.

Of course, since I need to buy it again, my price is considerably lower than the second two times I purchased it. I'll give 'em more than a dollar, which is what I paid on Android, but $10 is too steep for the fourth time of picking up the same game.

Now, if CQ1 was on Connect...

I'd get my copy of that and immediately throw money at CQ2 as well.
Out of interest, how was it wonky? Control is real simple and easy on iPad, press to move, press on your character to get powers up. That’s it two types of pressing.
nightcraw1er.488: Out of interest, how was it wonky? Control is real simple and easy on iPad, press to move, press on your character to get powers up. That’s it two types of pressing.
Touch screen controls always feel wonky to me.

I think Stardew Valley is the only one that managed to feel pretty good on Android, and that was mainly due to the utomatic selection of proper tools when you interact with a resource node simplifying the interface compared to other platforms.