It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanctuary is being sought/ Whispered prayers a last resort.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ancient horrors constantly lurking in the corner of your eye. Mad cultists sacrificing their humanity in order to appease terrible gods. Your own sanity hanging by a thin, fleshy thread. H.P. Lovecraft's works come to life in all their soul-biting vigor as this 1920s story of survival horror unfolds. Will you dare see it to its bitter end?

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
The Stars are right!!! :D I have been waiting for a gog fixed release of this awesome game for too long!

Time to play it again :D

ps. I hope some code wizard will update the Dcotepatch for this gog version so I can modify the fov a bit. the default fov was always too narrow. And i also used to modify the walk speed a bit so the escape at the end was not next to impossible.

Or was it the run speed? I forgot :)

Anyways. nice to see it here on GOG.
Post edited November 01, 2017 by maul_inc
high rated
YES! Thanks gog, and thanks Bethesda for bringing this over here!

Another former steam title goes into my de-steamed category!

Take THAT steam/valve, you wretched prick!
high rated
gloombandit: At last, the reuturn of the Old Gogs <3
He he... :D

What a cool surprise release GOG, and at a very reasonable price to boot!
high rated
Having played the tabletop version of Call of Cthulhu for years, this is the best implementation of the COC rule system on a CRPG I've experienced. It's scary hard at times, and it really puts you in the world of Lovecraft's mythos. This is a perfect release for Halloween day, and when I saw the price, $4.99, I also saw there was no indication it is a sale price. That means that fantastic price is the regular price. That's even a dollar less than the less expensive classic releases. Pay day is coming in two days. I know what my first purchase will be! Keep it up GOG.com and Bethesda. Excellent job all around!
bong264: I'm probably just being a moron but where do i enable the vsync? Im getting screen tearing but all the bugs have been fixed.
emperorsfist: I still died during the escape scene , did it work for you?
yeah that worked fine for me.
IronArcturus: 'Nice to see that Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth finally made it to GOG! Has anyone tried it on Win7 yet?
Keep in mind that I only ran the game 'til I could move around. It runs on Windows 7. In fact, I have it running with combined ENB/SweetFX profiles, and a widescreen fix (the widescreen options in GOG's launcher simply stretch the image). I cannot tell you if the widescreen fix will ultimately bork the game. I'd post pictures, but I can't get them under GOG's file size requirement, so meh.
Alright, I've been waiting for this game to come to GOG, wishlisted it for the time being though.

Also, why are people complaining about the price? Here (in China) the base price is $4.99, that's not expensive at all, especially when you consider GOG's oldest titles are in the $5.99 - $9.99 range. Is this game considerably more expensive in other regions?
GOG.com: Sanctuary is being sought/ Whispered prayers a last resort.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ancient horrors constantly lurking in the corner of your eye. Mad cultists sacrificing their humanity in order to appease terrible gods. Your own sanity hanging by a thin, fleshy thread. H.P. Lovecraft's works come to life in all their soul-biting vigor as this 1920s story of survival horror unfolds. Will you dare see it to its bitter end?

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
Who is this user Guzz? I want to thank them personally.
Oh heck yes. I own this on Steam, but it has so many known issues on modern OSes that I've never been able to do much with it, and now you tell me that you've fixed those issues? Insta-bought.
Post edited November 01, 2017 by BadDecissions
robertgg: Nice enough old game, but with Regional Discriminating price it's a no-buy.
What does that mean? I see a defauit price of €4.99, which sounds quite low. At least I am not complaining even if it costs even less for e.g. Russians.

Nice to see this game here, esp. with additional fixes.
jrich3500: The game looks interesting. I just notice that it has no discount on it though. Would be more tempting with a discount.
Would you have bought it if the default price was $9.99 and it would come with a 50% release discount? Or maybe $19.99 with a 75% discount?
Post edited November 01, 2017 by timppu
low rated
For me it's a principle thing.
I won't pay a higher price based solely on where i live.

Example:

I travel from London to Warzaw to meet my friend Alexei from Moscow.
We go to a game store and we both want the same game.
I get charged $9.99 but Alexei only have to pay $4.99 for the same game in the same store based purely on where we live.

p.s. I have heard all the excuses and reasoning for Regional Discriminating pricing. Other people may pay. I will not.
Post edited November 01, 2017 by robertgg
high rated
robertgg: For me it's a principle thing.

Example:

I travel from London to Warzaw to meet my friend Alexei from Moscow.
We go to a game store and we both want the same game.
I get charged $9.99 but Alexei only have to pay $4.99 for the same game in the same store based purely on where we live.

p.s. I have heard all the excuses and reasoning for Regional Discriminating pricing. Other people may pay. I will not.
Yeah, screw them for living in country with low income, they shouldn't be able to buy games at all!
And then people complain nobody buys games at launch...
high rated
robertgg: For me it's a principle thing.
I am not a supporter of regional pricing, but if I find a price of a game (or other goods) agreeable, I buy it, no matter if a Russian or Steam user might be able to obtain it even cheaper. Good for them, I guess.

Anyway, everyone does what he must do. If you feel you must pass a game because of the pricing, all the power to you. Stick it to the man! (and I don't mean that sexually)
Nice. Another game from my Wishlist released! Thank you!
Nice. I've been waiting for this one. Unfortunately it's post-Spiel and I'm completely broke, so on the wishlist it goes for now.