It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanctuary is being sought/ Whispered prayers a last resort.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ancient horrors constantly lurking in the corner of your eye. Mad cultists sacrificing their humanity in order to appease terrible gods. Your own sanity hanging by a thin, fleshy thread. H.P. Lovecraft's works come to life in all their soul-biting vigor as this 1920s story of survival horror unfolds. Will you dare see it to its bitter end?

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
elcook: A takedown request for „Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" has been received and is being handled under GOG’s copyright policy. We hope the game will be back in GOG’s offer soon, but at the moment we cannot give you any other details or timeline.
A takedown request? Maybe it's Chaosium.
fronzelneekburm: If that were the case it would be gone from Steam as well. It's probably a modder throwing a hissy fit over his fix being included in the gog version.
Games aren't removed from GOG and Steam at the same time. It might just get removed from there, as well.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by Grargar
low rated
"Cool, I can finally get this game on GOG", I thought. "Since it JUST got published, I'll buy it come Christmas, I mean, what's the rush, am I right?"

Is this a new GOG feature? New game, buy it the next two days or it's gone!

I'm not sure it's a good angle, but hey, I'm not a marketer.

EDIT: Any keys for sale at the 5€ ex-store price?
Post edited November 13, 2017 by Dalthnock
high rated
elcook: A takedown request for „Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" has been received and is being handled under GOG’s copyright policy. We hope the game will be back in GOG’s offer soon, but at the moment we cannot give you any other details or timeline.
Understandable, thank you for at least saying something.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by tfishell
Bring on the memes!
Attachments:
meme.jpg (235 Kb)
Dalthnock: "Cool, I can finally get this game on GOG", I thought. "Since it JUST got published, I'll buy it come Christmas, I mean, what's the rush, am I right?"

Is this a new GOG feature? New game, buy it the next two days or it's gone!

I'm not sure it's a good angle, but hey, I'm not a marketer.

EDIT: Any keys for sale at the 5€ ex-store price?
Your frustration is understandable but GOG cannot do anything if they are requested by their partners to pull the game. Maybe you will be lucky and GOG will be successful to get it here soon.
MarkoH01: Your frustration is understandable but GOG cannot do anything if they are requested by their partners to pull the game. Maybe you will be lucky and GOG will be successful to get it here soon.
You're right, of course. I'm just being an ass.

Let's hope all the problems can be sorted out soon. Cheers!
Just out of curiosity, does GOG still offer technical support for this game? It sounds like I may need it when it eventually makes its way to the front of my backlog.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by finkleroy
high rated
finkleroy: Well then, there's the answer: It has nothing to do with game-breaking bugs. Either the publisher is upset about the addition of third-party community mods or some crazy legal battle is going on a la Wolfenstein (2009) or Alan Wake.
The publisher isn't responsible. Bethesda wouldn't have to invoke GoG's copyright policy for a takedown. That language wouldn't be used as they are the other party in a contract with GoG. The copyright policy is usually for alleged DMCA (or similar) violation takedowns.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by tremere110
finkleroy: Just out of curiosity, does GOG still offer technical support for this game? It sounds like I may need it when it eventually makes its way to the front of my backlog.
They should still offer support.
well I encountered a game-breaking bug:

*MINOR - SPOILER*

one vital character is supposed to follow you, but just stays in place and spins around. I am not able to proceed and reloading doesn't seem to help.
HunchBluntley: It would be just as good a guess to say that GOG had a much greater number of complaints about game-breaking bugs than they expected, and they preemptively removed it from sale until they could potentially work some additional fixes into their version.
Until and unless they make a statement about it, we don't know nothin' for sure.
tfishell: That is possible too. However I still believe it has to do with the fixes. I may be wrong.
It seems like you were probably right. : )

Also, not sure why my post is "high rated". =}
tfishell: That is possible too. However I still believe it has to do with the fixes. I may be wrong.
HunchBluntley: It seems like you were probably right. : )

Also, not sure why my post is "high rated". =}
It's all good. You were good to not assume anything so maybe people were applauding that.
Considering the information we have, which isn't much other than the blue response, this seems to be closer to what happened to ReVolt. I still hate what happened to that game and that GOG never managed to salvage it. Hopefully this doesn't repeat for Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
hiradot: well I encountered a game-breaking bug:

*MINOR - SPOILER*

one vital character is supposed to follow you, but just stays in place and spins around. I am not able to proceed and reloading doesn't seem to help.
Please don't post any spoilers in such a thread were people are entering planning to buy the game (whenever it is available again) - at least not before we finally have spoiler tags available here :)

To get help with your game breaking bug I would suggest you to contact GOG support. GOG already said that they managed to play through the complete game so it should not be a bug that they cannot fix .... hopefully at least.
Post edited November 14, 2017 by MarkoH01
My god. What a pile of garbage this is. Can't even launch it now. And when it did work, it was messing up the saves.