It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanctuary is being sought/ Whispered prayers a last resort.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ancient horrors constantly lurking in the corner of your eye. Mad cultists sacrificing their humanity in order to appease terrible gods. Your own sanity hanging by a thin, fleshy thread. H.P. Lovecraft's works come to life in all their soul-biting vigor as this 1920s story of survival horror unfolds. Will you dare see it to its bitter end?

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
high rated
Fortuk: What's going on here; why did it get pulled? It hadn't even been out yet for two weeks.
tfishell: I still think it's fair to say the removal has to do with one or more of the fixes GOG used. Perhaps they didn't get the proper permission(s) to use them.
It would be just as good a guess to say that GOG had a much greater number of complaints about game-breaking bugs than they expected, and they preemptively removed it from sale until they could potentially work some additional fixes into their version.
Until and unless they make a statement about it, we don't know nothin' for sure.
I assume they removed it because the game itself isn't stable enough. I assume it's mostly the same version as is on Steam and that one starts crashing at one point and won't let you go any further, at least on modern hardware and 64-bit OS.
deleted
Post edited November 13, 2017 by Fairfox
tomimt: I assume they removed it because the game itself isn't stable enough. I assume it's mostly the same version as is on Steam and that one starts crashing at one point and won't let you go any further, at least on modern hardware and 64-bit OS.
I dont think so, the GOG version for me at least ran 100 times better then the broken steam version...
but we wont know until GOG makes a statement, hopefully we get some answers on monday.
tfishell: I still think it's fair to say the removal has to do with one or more of the fixes GOG used. Perhaps they didn't get the proper permission(s) to use them.
HunchBluntley: It would be just as good a guess to say that GOG had a much greater number of complaints about game-breaking bugs than they expected, and they preemptively removed it from sale until they could potentially work some additional fixes into their version.
Until and unless they make a statement about it, we don't know nothin' for sure.
That is possible too. However I still believe it has to do with the fixes. I may be wrong.
Awww schucks. Hopefully it comes back soon (I didn't buy it yet even though I found the price agreeable even without a discount).
tomimt: I assume they removed it because the game itself isn't stable enough. I assume it's mostly the same version as is on Steam and that one starts crashing at one point and won't let you go any further, at least on modern hardware and 64-bit OS.
I highly doubt that. At least one blue posted that he was able to finish the game from start to end with the GOG version.
Fairfox: ^^ If taht's teh case I wonder if they'll refund peeps who bought it? Ooor at least allow 'em teh option? Seems odd to deny peeps teh chance to buy but not those teh chance to refund. I mean taht's if they can't fix it ('n' taht's if it's teh issue to begin with).
Like I said, I don't think that is the reason. But if the game is not playable GOG so far always offered me a refund. In fact in every support mail and even after I told them I don't want a refund they still offered it to me (Schizm comes to mind as latest example). GOG may have flaws but refunding a game which is broken or otherwise unplayable they normally do without any problems - in special cases at least as wallet funds.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by MarkoH01
high rated
A takedown request for „Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" has been received and is being handled under GOG’s copyright policy. We hope the game will be back in GOG’s offer soon, but at the moment we cannot give you any other details or timeline.
elcook: A takedown request for „Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" has been received and is being handled under GOG’s copyright policy. We hope the game will be back in GOG’s offer soon, but at the moment we cannot give you any other details or timeline.
I really hope that you'll be able to bring it back. Otherwise it would be a huge loss for GOG imo.
elcook: A takedown request for „Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" has been received and is being handled under GOG’s copyright policy. We hope the game will be back in GOG’s offer soon, but at the moment we cannot give you any other details or timeline.
*shrug* Hate it when i'm right... So glad i grabbed it on time.Cheers
Post edited November 13, 2017 by deja65
Well then, there's the answer: It has nothing to do with game-breaking bugs. Either the publisher is upset about the addition of third-party community mods or some crazy legal battle is going on a la Wolfenstein (2009) or Alan Wake.
Post edited November 13, 2017 by finkleroy
Just had a look at the wiki page for this game, and think we have found a reason:
Bethesda Softworks <- totally focused on their own platform
2K Games <- as far as I can tell, nothing from them here, yep looking at you nice DRM free Bioshock on humble
Ubisoft <- Upay, need I say more?

So judging by the above, I wouldn't expect to see it back anytime soon.
nightcraw1er.488: Just had a look at the wiki page for this game, and think we have found a reason:
Bethesda Softworks <- totally focused on their own platform
2K Games <- as far as I can tell, nothing from them here, yep looking at you nice DRM free Bioshock on humble
Ubisoft <- Upay, need I say more?

So judging by the above, I wouldn't expect to see it back anytime soon.
But yet we have some Bethesda games here that weren't pulled and the game is still available on Steam. So it's hard to believe the reason for it being pulled would be that they want to offer it on their own platform only.
finkleroy: Well then, there's the answer: It has nothing to do with game-breaking bugs. Either the publisher is upset about the addition of third-party community mods or some crazy legal battle is going on a la Wolfenstein (2009) or Alan Wake.
If that were the case it would be gone from Steam as well. It's probably a modder throwing a hissy fit over his fix being included in the gog version.
finkleroy: Well then, there's the answer: It has nothing to do with game-breaking bugs. Either the publisher is upset about the addition of third-party community mods or some crazy legal battle is going on a la Wolfenstein (2009) or Alan Wake.
There is that new Call Of Cthulhu game by Focus Home Interactive coming out soon, maybe that company is causing trouble with the license ?