It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanctuary is being sought/ Whispered prayers a last resort.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ancient horrors constantly lurking in the corner of your eye. Mad cultists sacrificing their humanity in order to appease terrible gods. Your own sanity hanging by a thin, fleshy thread. H.P. Lovecraft's works come to life in all their soul-biting vigor as this 1920s story of survival horror unfolds. Will you dare see it to its bitter end?

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
What's going on here; why did it get pulled? It hadn't even been out yet for two weeks.
I am quite sure - meaning I hope and I pray - that GOG staff will explain the removal on Monday.
MarkoH01: I am quite sure - meaning I hope and I pray - that GOG staff will explain the removal on Monday.
I have no hope about it.
GOG staff used to say nothing.
MarkoH01: I am quite sure - meaning I hope and I pray - that GOG staff will explain the removal on Monday.
kbnrylaec: I have no hope about it.
Hope dies last - at least my hope does. And why should I give up hope because of bad experiences in the past? GOG staff did say something when they lately removed several games so your statement is just not true.
kbnrylaec: I have no hope about it.
MarkoH01: Hope dies last - at least my hope does. And why should I give up hope because of bad experiences in the past? GOG staff did say something when they lately removed several games so your statement is just not true.
GOG said nothing about removal of:
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Sorcerer King
TrickStyle
MarkoH01: Hope dies last [...]
"There is always hope, only because that is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill. Yet."
- Galen, Crusade

On a more serious note: I'm actually interested in the game itself and had it on my wishlist. If it were to be returned to GOG, would the wishlist-entries for it return as well, or will Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth drop off the radar of users who didn't happen to notice this thread? (I was waiting for a sale, so I added it to my wishlist. My expectation wouldn't be that I would have to keep backups of my wishlist for the next time someone F's up...)
Post edited November 12, 2017 by HeartsAndRainbows
MarkoH01: Hope dies last - at least my hope does. And why should I give up hope because of bad experiences in the past? GOG staff did say something when they lately removed several games so your statement is just not true.
kbnrylaec: GOG said nothing about removal of:
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Sorcerer King
TrickStyle
Your point being? I never said that they ALWAYS said something about removals in the past. But you said that they are "used to say nothing" and that is not true. They announced 13 or so games that will be removed and shortly after another one with "Gremlins Inc." so I won't say "GOG is used to say nothing". In addition to this "Flight of the Amazon Queen" obviously was just a bug because it returned one day later. I would have liked to hear an explanation too but I also can live without it because again, it was just one day.
kbnrylaec: GOG said nothing about removal of:
Sorcerer King
It was replaced by Sorcerer King: Rivals .
Well, I just hope it will be available soon again.
Meh, I wanted to buy iit at some point. :'(
Smack my shuttlecock! :O
That's some super fast removal shit right there.
I really hope the removal is just temporarily and GOG is fixing the problems people reported (wind tunnel section bug etc,) before making it available again.
Fortuk: What's going on here; why did it get pulled? It hadn't even been out yet for two weeks.
I still think it's fair to say the removal has to do with one or more of the fixes GOG used. Perhaps they didn't get the proper permission(s) to use them.
An official statement from Gog would be nice.
I mean, it doesn't all have to end in shitstorms if worded politely but honest.
Well, I really hope that this is just a temporary removal...
MarkoH01: *snip*
kbnrylaec is pretty frustrated user (check his posts in the "What has been updated?" thread). While I appreciate him pointing out problems there's really no point in letting negativity take over and complaining about the situation before the blues had a a proper time frame to post a statement.