It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Streets are uneven when you are down.

<span class="bold">Californium</span>, a surreal adventure in the unmapped intersection of realities, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows and Mac, with a 10% launch discount.

Creating different, plausible realities is what writers do, if they are any good. Elvin Green is not considered good by his editor, who no longer wants him as his client. He is not considered good by his wife either, as made abundantly clear in the goodbye letter she left behind. Elvin Green needs a different reality. And he will get a number of them bundled with weird, psychedelic images that wash over his mind, as he looks to make sense out of a meaningless existence.

1967 is not a good year for Elvin Green. But it has now become a very interesting one. As he explores the shifting realities that converge around him, he realises he can communicate with the colorful inhabitants and hop between worlds by touching objects which don't seem to belong. And unlike the bleak, dystopian imagery in which most of Philip K. Dick's work is typically represented in various media, the realities of Californium are bathed in a vibrant, intoxicating palette, representative of Elvin Green's indulgence in recreational chemicals. Will they prove to be the root of his plights or the catalyst to better understanding himself?

Get lost within the layered realities of <span class="bold">Californium</span> and find the piece of mind you're missing, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 10% launch discount will last until February 24, 10:59 AM GMT.
high rated
groze: Just my two Euro cents on the topic.
That was like a euro buck. Nice points, all. Thanks for adding your opinion here!
bigsilverhotdog: Yeah, I almost thought of asking for a refund on Westport Independent also, but my wife had already played it for a couple hours. Those guys scammed us all good. :(
omega64: How were you scammed if your wife played a couple of hours?
GOG generally does not offer refunds except when you have technical issues that they can't help you fix.
Seems like exceptions are made but those are exceptions.
Obviously not by GOG (that's why i didn't ask for a refund) -- by the developer, Coffee Stain, for making buyers think it was going to be an intelligent and thoughtful look at press censorship and the effects of it on society. You know, since it was presented as another Papers, Please, this is how it was going to be judged. And boy oh boy did it ever come up short. To me it was so poor it was bordering on a scam.
GOG generally does not offer refunds except when you have technical issues that they can't help you fix.
bigsilverhotdog: Obviously not by GOG (that's why i didn't ask for a refund) -- by the developer, Coffee Stain, for making buyers think it was going to be an intelligent and thoughtful look at press censorship and the effects of it on society. You know, since it was presented as another Papers, Please, this is how it was going to be judged. And boy oh boy did it ever come up short. To me it was so poor it was bordering on a scam.
Alright, now I understand what you meant.
bigsilverhotdog: Yeah, I almost thought of asking for a refund on Westport Independent also, but my wife had already played it for a couple hours. Those guys scammed us all good. :(
Exactly. There is no "scam" at all if his wife likes the game and plays it.
I played it (Western Independant) and when it finished so soon I thought "is that all" as I thought it had a lot more so I really wanted a refund for it but never asked and when I saw bigsilverhotdog got a refund for Californiacon I was wondering how it was possible as I too only thought it was for tech reasons only.

Westport Independant is still the only GoG games I would have asked for a refund for but too late. Got it weeks ago, played it once all the way through as it was quick, started a little of a second run to see if it was different then aborted. Now I'm stuck with it. All I can do is hope they add more to it. :( :(
Post edited February 18, 2016 by styggron
styggron: Exactly. There is no "scam" at all if his wife likes the game and plays it.
I played it (Western Independant) and when it finished so soon I thought "is that all" as I thought it had a lot more so I really wanted a refund for it but never asked and when I saw bigsilverhotdog got a refund for Californiacon I was wondering how it was possible as I too only thought it was for tech reasons only.

Westport Independant is still the only GoG games I would have asked for a refund for but too late. Got it weeks ago, played it once all the way through as it was quick, started a little of a second run to see if it was different then aborted. Now I'm stuck with it. All I can do is hope they add more to it. :( :(
Just hide it in your library. :P
styggron: Exactly. There is no "scam" at all if his wife likes the game and plays it.
For the record no, she did not like it.

omega64: Just hide it in your library. :P
<facepalm>
It has the potential of a good game but what is there is more "one level" rather than "the lot" :( :(
bigsilverhotdog: For the record no, she did not like it.
I sooooooooooo wish I could get a refund on it.
Post edited February 19, 2016 by styggron
There are more reviews of Californium up now and goodness they are all scathing. I was almost about to buy it but decided against it because of all the negative reviews.

Is it really THAT bad ?

I guess maybe I should wait for a 60-80% discount on it before buying ?