It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Streets are uneven when you are down.

<span class="bold">Californium</span>, a surreal adventure in the unmapped intersection of realities, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows and Mac, with a 10% launch discount.

Creating different, plausible realities is what writers do, if they are any good. Elvin Green is not considered good by his editor, who no longer wants him as his client. He is not considered good by his wife either, as made abundantly clear in the goodbye letter she left behind. Elvin Green needs a different reality. And he will get a number of them bundled with weird, psychedelic images that wash over his mind, as he looks to make sense out of a meaningless existence.

1967 is not a good year for Elvin Green. But it has now become a very interesting one. As he explores the shifting realities that converge around him, he realises he can communicate with the colorful inhabitants and hop between worlds by touching objects which don't seem to belong. And unlike the bleak, dystopian imagery in which most of Philip K. Dick's work is typically represented in various media, the realities of Californium are bathed in a vibrant, intoxicating palette, representative of Elvin Green's indulgence in recreational chemicals. Will they prove to be the root of his plights or the catalyst to better understanding himself?

Get lost within the layered realities of <span class="bold">Californium</span> and find the piece of mind you're missing, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 10% launch discount will last until February 24, 10:59 AM GMT.
mmm, a game co-funded by Arte, that could be interesting.....

BUT the framerate seems atrocious in that trailer :(
catpower1980: mmm, a game co-funded by Arte, that could be interesting.....

BUT the framerate seems atrocious in that trailer :(
It's much better in the game itself.
Naked Lunch meets Fear and Loathing?

Besides, cool to see Arte is involved in the making of a video game. That's a seal of quality.
Hasn't this been around since 1950?
Game inspired by the work of my most favorite author? I think I'll pass... ;)
It's an interesting approach to record your trailer on a machine that can barely run your game.
Looks alright.
Definitely interested.Wishlisted.
So why does arte spend TV fees to fund games which are sold? Investment in documentaries or making its archive public would be a better investment in my humble opinion.
low rated
No Community Wishlist entry. Zero votes.

No Wikipedia page.

No critic reviews on Metacritic.
Post edited February 17, 2016 by drmfro
Interesting.... wish listing for now
Arte funds games? That's news for me, albeit good ones. I usually like the stuff Arte is involved in.
high rated
It might be interesting that the single episodes can be downloaded for free from Arte's website:

http://californium.arte.tv/de/#/episodes
It seems GOG curators develop an increasing taste for strangeness, weirdness and madness. ;-)

I love it, keep it coming.
The-Business: So why does arte spend TV fees to fund games which are sold? Investment in documentaries or making its archive public would be a better investment in my humble opinion.
You can get it's First part for free on the Arte Homepage if you are from Germany. It's Kind of like the games the BBC produces. Free for UK-Citizens but everyone else has to pay. ;)

[url=]http://www.golem.de/news/californium-abenteuer-mit-dem-geistigen-schoepfer-des-blade-runners-1602-119163.html[/url]