It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until July 26th, 4pm UTC.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) is the ultimate game of space exploration. The game features the race to the Moon, the historical event that started in the early 1960s and that ended in July 1969, after the successful completion of the Apollo 11 mission. To verify its accuracy and authenticity, the game has been developed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, former U.S. Air Force combat pilot (66 missions in Korea) and NASA astronaut, who took part in the first Moon landing mission and became the second human being to walk on the Moon.
zgrillo2004: God bless the crew of Apollo 11
i_hope_you_rot: You forgot about the crew of Apollo 1.
If you want to bless martyrs of humanity's space ventures, there are a number of Russian cosmonauts to be mentioned (mostly unofficial given how the USSR was).

But really that's pretty much a different subject than the successes, with Apollo 11 being at least arguably the peak success, and this is the anniversary of that success, not some other celebration.

So I'll echo zgrillo2004: "bless the crew of Apollo 11", and I'm not forgetting anyone.
Post edited July 21, 2019 by faroot
Hey GoG, why not to add https://www.mobygames.com/game/buzz-aldrins-race-into-space instead on new game?
zgrillo2004: God bless the crew of Apollo 11
Sorry, I posted that on the anniversary of Apollo 11. Yes I will bless everyone who lost their lives for the benefit of exploration.
Nexttime, dont be butthurt.
Sorry! When has Buzz Aldrin ever been involved in MANAGING a Space Program?
For a moment I thought this was the older Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space from the 90s. Is this actually a remake of that as I think it had a similar idea, managing the space program.
Yeah, it's a remake of the 90's game.
faroot: If you want to bless martyrs of humanity's space ventures, there are a number of Russian cosmonauts to be mentioned (mostly unofficial given how the USSR was).

But really that's pretty much a different subject than the successes, with Apollo 11 being at least arguably the peak success, and this is the anniversary of that success, not some other celebration.

So I'll echo zgrillo2004: "bless the crew of Apollo 11", and I'm not forgetting anyone.
The Soviet Space program had as many failures as the US Space proglram did in it's early days,but no one ever heard about the Soviet messups.
Exploratation has always been a very dangerous business.Magellan ,commanding an expedition that was to be the first to go around the world, was killed during the expedition.
The "From the Earth To The Moon" miniseries has a really good episode about the Apollo One tragedy.
In it one Astronaut says they were all test pilots, they knew it was a dangerous business and eventually somebody would be killed doint it, but they expected it to happen in space, not on Earth in a routine test.
Post edited July 22, 2019 by dudalb
dudalb: Yeah, it's a remake of the 90's game.
faroot: If you want to bless martyrs of humanity's space ventures, there are a number of Russian cosmonauts to be mentioned (mostly unofficial given how the USSR was).

dudalb: The Soviet Space program had as many failures as the US Space proglram did in it's early days,but no one ever heard about the Soviet messups.
Exploratation has always been a very dangerous business.Magellan ,commanding an expedition that was to be the first to go around the world, was killed during the expedition.
The "From the Earth To The Moon" miniseries has a really good episode about the Apollo One tragedy.
In it one Astronaut says they were all test pilots, they knew it was a dangerous business and eventually somebody would be killed doint it, but they expected it to happen in space, not on Earth in a routine test.
Yep; great comment!

I would add what amounts to a nitpick:

> The Soviet Space program had as many failures as the US Space proglram did in it's early days,but no one ever heard about the Soviet messups.

Right, they didn't share their mistakes, so the west had to replicate them and learn the hard way.

But I would say that the Soviets had more deaths than the US but didn't usually acknowledge them, but on the other hand had more early successes than the US, up to a point.

And then once the US stopped spendig on Apollo, USSR/Russia did keep improving their Proton big booster, generation after generation, and it just kept getting better, which the US has been benefiting from by renting launch facilities and Proton version 8 (? or something) for decades now.
Wasn't there a game by Interplay in the 90's of a similar name to this?
Post edited July 22, 2019 by Crosmando
low rated
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program? So he teaches us how to stage a moon-landing hoax, just like the real Buzz did along with his fellow Masonic actors? i.e. as proven here with an abundances of proofs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xciCJfbTvE4, and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6Vcvl0OeU, as well as in many other places and many other ways too.

Is there a bonus level where Buzz punches out a reporter for asking him to swear to God that he went to the moon?

And is there another bonus level where Buzz has a Freudian slip later in life and admits that humans never did go to the moon? i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4UP6nRMuGs

I guess not right? No, this game must be more of the "official story" propaganda meant to promote the moon landing hoax as if it's a real event that actually literally happened in real life.
There's no facepalm big enough for some people =)
Anamon: There's no facepalm big enough for some people =)
Absolutely! Given the subject of the game I knew it was only a matter of time before *someone* would come out with that BS. Interesting to see who was willing to "out" themselves.

At least we don't appear to have any flat earthers.