It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sound of defiance.

The Lion's Song is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it 30% off until January 15, 2PM UTC.
Austria, early 20th century. Wilma, a young composer of incredible talent, must fight society's prejudice and her own demons while struggling to complete her magnum opus. Told through minimalistic, sepia-kissed pixel art and wonderful music, this evocative adventure spans four episodes (all included), each featuring several player-made choices that will dictate the remaining story and its final outcome.
rgnrk: Useful information is always appreciated. Like, you know, if there are bugs. Or you didn't like the story and why. If it's poorly translated or written. Pretty much anything but the graphics could be more useful.
Breja: This is a release thread. Not reviews. It's about why we want/don't want to buy the game. What you are talking about is stuff I could only know if I wanted the game, already bought it and already played it.
What I'm talking about is actual useful information and advice about a game. Not an emotional opinion on graphics. Which we know already, because it wasn't your first post about it.
Seeing as this is not a new game, some people could know about it already and have actual real advice on it. Or you could have meaningful info on the game based on the developer, past games, or history.
And sometimes there's even no need to say anything.

rgnrk: So, how about just moving on, like most of us do with games we don't like?
Breja: You mean, like you could have just moved on and ignored my post?
Yes. And as I did every other time you posted the same stuff in many other release threads. But then, suddenly someone calls you on it, and you play the martyr.
I had asumed it wouldn't go well, though. Just reading your reply to the innocuous muntdefems post shows you don't take things lightly (+1 to insults?). And it's not the first time. But you're the one accusing everyone else of tantrums and insulting you (+1 to insults?). Indeed. Disagreeing with you is probably already quite the insult (+1 to insults?).

rgnrk: Not every game is meant for us, but there might be other people who might like them.
Breja: Indeed. Can you see me pestering and insulting those people, the way I am being insulted by you guys?
I just decided to be very blunt in my previous post, and explain why your complaining about game graphics in release posts bothered me. Because you didn't seem to understand that to be possible.

rgnrk: But I don't think your comments are about the games, I think the comments are about yourself and for your own benefit.
Breja: You might very well think that. It's no concern of mine.
Well, you pretty much acknowledged it below.

rgnrk: I can only see two reasons why you -and several other people- keep going on and on about disliking the artstyle in these kind of theads.

The first one is trying to convince GOG we customers don't want pixel art games in the store. As I love good pixel art games, that's obviously extremely annoying to me, and I find it very selfish of you, as you can easily just not buy the game and shut up about it.
The second one is trying to make the developers abandon pixel art to fit your likings more. Maybe in their following projects. Or perhaps some other developer might be reading your wise words of knowledge and takes note. Well, I don't like it either, because, well, I DO like pixel art.
Breja: So, me expressing my opinion is wrong becasue it might persuade GOG or devs to follow it, but for you to do the same and achieve that same result is good. I see.

GOG can only release so many games per year. That number may be growing, but it's obviously limited. More games I'm not interested in means less games I am interested in. Whether we're saying what games we want more of, or what games we want less of, ultimately doesn't matter. The only real difference here is that I'm not insulting you and don't have a problem with you expressing your opinion, a courtesy you seem unable to reciprocate.
So yes, you're doing it with the intent that GOG releases games for you. So I wasn't insulting you after all, I was expressing and opinion, and apparently pretty much spot on.

And no, I don't go into every release thread of games I don't want and complain about it. Nor I'm trying for GOG to stop releasing games other people might want just because I don't like them. So I guess I'm not doing the same thing you are.

rgnrk: So yes, I really find your serial shit posting on release threads egotistical and bad manners. Even though sometimes you try to make it look as a joke of sorts.
Breja: Well, I find being insulted by you and tapeworm even though I remain perfectly civli throught your tantrum bad mannered. I guess we'll just have to live with that, won't we?
Yes, but then you have an extremely light skin for someone that goes into threads of games other people might like to complain about them. Just because.

And you also feel insulted a lot.
What was it?
Me saying that I consider egotistical and bad manners complaining about graphics in release threads? Unfortunately I do. Or saying that posting again and again the same thing in different threads so that gog -and the rest of us- can see that you don't like pixel art is self-centered?
I don't think neither is that serious, and it wasn't meant as an insult.
gixgox: Popcorn?
Don't make yourself sick, now.
This kind of nonsense argument can extend for a while, so be careful with the popcorn.
Post edited January 08, 2018 by rgnrk
Starmaker: Mobile games are cheaper, that's just a fact of life.
AlienMind: You're saying if I have to port a PC game to mobile I have to downgrade every single technical aspect because the target has the power of a potato?? No way!
Whereas here it literally is the same game and it's just extortion.
What extortion? Are you high?
Starmaker: Also, renting a movie on Amazon pay per view is cheaper than going to the theater.
AlienMind: Going by that analogy, the price is linear proportional to the size of a pixel.
Time to open a cinema and show a 1x1 square! Yeah no, the price is because you occupy foreign space and someone has to mop up your crap when you're done.
Uh. Thank you, but I use the toilet. I suggest you do, too.
Post edited January 08, 2018 by tinyE
low rated
rgnrk: And it's not the first time. But you're the one accusing everyone else of tantrums and insulting you (+1 to insults?). Indeed. Disagreeing with you is probably already quite the insult (+1 to insults?).
Yeah, it must be something wrong with me that I consider being called "the worst idiot" and being told that I'm "polluting" the thread insulting. You guys are being so nice and respectful, and here I am, saying the worst of things like... like that you can express your opinion and I can express mine and we should just both respect that.

I'm a monster.

rgnrk: So yes, you're doing it with the intent that GOG releases games for you. So I wasn't insulting you after all, I was expressing and opinion, and apparently pretty much spot on.
Actually no, I wasn't doing it with that intent. My only intent was to express my opinion, because I felt like expressing my opinion. However, your reasoning about how it would wrong for me to act with that intent, but right for you, is so ridiculously wrong I just couldn't not take the opportunity to explain how wrong it is.

rgnrk: And no, I don't go into every release thread of games I don't want and complain about it. Nor I'm trying for GOG to stop releasing games other people might want just because I don't like them. So I guess I'm not doing the same thing you are.
The result is the same. Whether we provide feedback on what we want or don't want doesn't matter, and both are equaly as valid. Of course, claiming that your opinions and mine are equaly as valuable is probably somehow a terrible thing and makes me even more of an asshole :P

rgnrk: And you also feel insulted a lot.
What was it?
I don't give a crap about being insulted, I'm just trying to make you see that you are being a hypocrite, and while you're trying to villify me and insult me, I try to remain civil and respectful.

rgnrk: Or saying that posting again and again the same thing in different threads so that gog -and the rest of us- can see that you don't like pixel art is self-centered?
I post it again and again, because the sheer number of these games is in fact the very point of my complaint.
Post edited January 08, 2018 by Breja
Breja: Hooray! I was just thinking that I need something pixelated and entirely devoid of colour to make my eyes bleed.
I was thinking from this perpective myself at first but then
I woud imagine for some People pixels migth be hard to see and find and this is probably not a game for People With bad vision. But then i started thinking if i were to judge this game from the artstyle and other stuff as well , then its not that bad i Guess. This game is probably not for People that hate pixelhunting, but for People that enoy this torturous excercice, it will probably be a Nice experience.

Im a bit curious on how they have solved it, so im a bit tempted to buy the game just to figure out if its a game in the traditonal point and click or if its some varriant and how easy/difficult it is to solve Puzzles because artstyle makes stuff harder to see and solve.
Post edited January 08, 2018 by Lodium
Fairfox: regardless.
I expected 'anywaz' or sumthin. Your linguistic prowess transpires !
deleted
Starmaker: Mobile games are cheaper, that's just a fact of life. Also, renting a movie on Amazon pay per view is cheaper than going to the theater.
It's actually extremely rare for mobile games to even have an in-store price tag at all. Literally 99%+ of all games in app stores are free downloads. Of course, that's only half the story, since just about all of them will bombard you with ads and/or in-app purchases.

I'm not knocking the model, it can make sense and it's fine if it's done decently. But it's mostly born out of necessity, since mobile game audiences are almost never prepared to pay money for a game upfront. Game apps with a price tag that manage to not get completely drowned out by all the free games, are incredibly rare and really must have done something right.

AlienMind: You're saying if I have to port a PC game to mobile I have to downgrade every single technical aspect because the target has the power of a potato?? No way!
Whereas here it literally is the same game and it's just extortion.
Extortion?? Who is forcing you to buy the game?

Right now during the release sale, the game is exactly the same price as the mobile version. And after that, if you don't think that having a clean, DRM-free Windows, Mac, or Linux version of a game is worth a bit more than a phone app, then not everybody shares that opinion. Developers also need to adjust to customary prices depending on markets. A phone game above $5 is usually dead on arrival.

Besides, the GOG.com download shows as 368 MB, while the Android version is 79 MB. So it probably even has higher quality assets or extras on PC.
Post edited January 09, 2018 by Anamon
Fairfox: NooOooooo, Imma turn into teh grump.
Yay!
Fairfox: point 'n' search
Ha ha! Aka the 'you're getting colder/frigid' game.
deleted
guynamedbilly: I wish I was Sepia-kissed.
Best of luck!:
There are fewer than 1,632 people in the U.S. with the first name Sepia.

The estimate for this name is not absolute. There may be fewer people with this name, or none at all.
Source: http://howmanyofme.com/search/.

Fairfox: s'good word, non?
Mais oui. :)

Fairfox: "point 'n' pray" would also! be a good substitute for t'other, btw.
Or flail-and-fail.
Post edited January 09, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
high rated
I feel bad for the developer that this thread contains so little discussion of the game (which sounds really intriguing, btw), and so much arguing about personal likes and dislikes.

This comment bewilders me somewhat:
This is a release thread. Not reviews. It's about why we want/don't want to buy the game.
I hope a release thread is about the game. Not necessarily reviews as such, but definitely a place where people who are interested in the release can learn more about it. If I didn't hope to learn something about the game, I wouldn't bother clicking the link to read the thread in the first place.

Sure, it's also a place for people who haven't played the game to express their opinions (I'm about to do so myself), but I'm always confused when someone who isn't interested in a game (for reasons of personal taste) chooses to waste any more of their time on it by saying so in a release thread.

To me the art looks nicely done, I like the music in the trailer, and the subject matter seems great. I look forward to reading some reviews.
Shadowcat: To me the art looks nicely done, I like the music in the trailer, and the subject matter seems great.
I definitely agree!

amund: I would buy for the soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAhH_3oEHJM
m.filipp: Since we are a small studio things might take a bit longer, but we are always listening. And we are hearing you :-) Please stay tuned, we are considering releasing an OST.
Oh yes please!
Billy Dee Williams was great in this movie.
tinyE: Billy Dee Williams was great in this movie.
Ok, I googled it and I can't find anything. Help me, Tiny-E-Kenobi!