It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We were soldiers once...

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30™, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood™, and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway™ are now available DRM-free. Get all three together 75% off or individually for 50% off each, until January 25th, 2pm UTC. Check all deals here.

With emphasis on cover and squad tactics, this classic tactical/FPS series is one of the few striving for historical accuracy without sacrificing cinematic action. The heart-pounding action, gritty heroics, and engaging gameplay bring some of the most gruesome battles of WWII to life in spectacular fashion.
low rated
darthspudius: If that was true, would have saved me a fiver. But as it is, having a blast playing them.
I am not that easily entertained.
Wishmaster777: It appears I did not miss anyhting in my youth. These games are terrible.
Perhaps you could, you know, explain what you don't like about them.
low rated
Wishmaster777: It appears I did not miss anyhting in my youth. These games are terrible.
David9855: Perhaps you could, you know, explain what you don't like about them.
I could ask you the same, about why you like them, but I am not interested.
That's why I won't waste my time explaining myself to the blind fanboys.
These games are bad, get over it. Don't like my opinion? Just pass it. :-)
David9855: Perhaps you could, you know, explain what you don't like about them.
Since he wont answer I'll give my opinion on it as I share my dislike of them.

-Bad repetitive gameplay. The game lacks animations for combat damage. Shoot someone, see blood splatter, see no reaction from the enemy. I had loved games like MoH at the time where if you shot someone they reacted as if they had actually been shot. Grabbing the wounded limb, doubling over etc.
-The writing. The characters are completely unlikable.

Some things I did like?
They based a lot of the game on aerial photos. I love stuff like that. I also remember it was one of the first WW2 games that got the M1 Garand right allowing you to reload any time you wanted. It was amazing how many young gamers actually thought a M1 couldn't be reloaded until all bullets had been fired.

Anyway, if you liked it that's cool. I just remember being utterly disappointed with it. It billed itself as being realistic and it wasn't even good at that.

I'd also HIGHLY recommend either Republic Commando or the two R6 Vegas games over the BiA franchise. They do just about everything better. Even XCOM The Bureau was, IMHO, a better game in this genre.
Post edited January 25, 2019 by GreasyDogMeat
I love the R6 Vegas games as well as Republic Commando.

What I like about BRA series is:
Strategic thinking and maneuvering.
Sounds effects.
Gameplay/ level design
Historical ww2 setting

Things I don't like
Save Checkpoints

I came to care about the characters more later (mainly during hells highway) and the story had some down points. A.I. could sometimes do some silly things but this is true really in every game. I really disliked the DRM these games came with but now that isn't a problem.
Cheers