It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leo the Lion is now available DRM-free.

Discover this classic action-adventure game from Poland and join Leo the Lion on his adventures full of unexpected situations, challenges, and brawls. Travel the islands of Lion’s Archipelago and help him find the stolen crown. Try to survive in the jungle, pole, in the dungeons of the magic castle, inside pyramids and on the burnt deserts. Examine the wrecks of pirate ships on the bottom of the sea, and survive the eruption of the volcano. Experience crazy adventures and rack your brains to save Leo from traps and troubles.
TheGreatDustpan: Was this ever released outside of Poland until now?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/lew-leon/release-info
I'm from Spain, and I played the game around the late nineties. I think it was distributed on a spanish game magazine.

I love platforming games, but this game was both frustrating and imprecise. I will probably end up getting it for nostalgia reasons, but personally I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who didn't play it back in the day. There's literally hundreds of better platformers IMO.
This game does look interesting to say the least.
InkPanther: Is Kao the Kangaroo next? ;)
I was gonna say the same thing. I'm aware that Tate made Kao 2 available on Steam and already bought it to replay after all these years. Still I've read that the devs considered Kao 1 to be a challenge to port on modern systems because of it's age. But that's EXACTLY what GOG is for! Right?

But that doesn't mean I have anything against this lion. I might buy the game and see what he's made of.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by ParaTerrastian
XYCat: this game looks hardcore
Frozen: It is hard.
If Akiyama says it's hard, then there's no disputing that.
when Simba takes a crapload of drugs an' cant handle them.
low rated
Zoidberg: Another blatant ripoff of Tezuka's work! XP
Zoidberg is right you know

Maxvorstadt: Hm, Disneys "The Lion King" is pulled from GoG and now we get this one? Sheer coincidence? I guess not! :-D
Rabiku: And Aladdin. I don't like that they haven't made these annoucements more visable. I don't like games getting delisted without my knowledge. It can be literally decades before they ever appear again.
So where's the Aladdin ripof...err homage game to replace it? o.0
Post edited July 08, 2019 by GameRager
high rated
GameRager: So where's the Aladdin ripof...err homage game to replace it? o.0
Arabian Nights coming soon :P
Post edited July 08, 2019 by Frozen
low rated
Frozen: Arabian Nights coming soon :P
But that game actually looks GOOD....that won't do...we need crappy ripoffs on GOG.
Oh god lol
Why not do one better and release the animated movie Thief and the Cobler Disney allegedly blatantly ripped off for Aladdin. Yeah, it was released a year after Disney's Aladdin, but it was 28 years in the making before it came out.
low rated
i bought this because, honest lee, and with teh best will in the world (really!) it looks complete and total and utter garbage, and I MUST own truly awful games!
Despite it's repution, I personally consider Leon (kinda wondering, why Leon lost "n" in english title) as worth to play game. IMO the worsest thing is getting to first save point. After that - I somehow "got used to" and finished rest of them with pleasure.

I really wish that we could have more Leryx' games here. Especially Clash and V.O.T.E.R Golem - I would gladly give them second chance (especially Clash).
low rated
Fairfox: i bought this because, honest lee, and with teh best will in the world (really!) it looks complete and total and utter garbage, and I MUST own truly awful games!
I myself own Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever, so I must have similar tastes. Wishlisted.
Fairfox: i bought this because, honest lee, and with teh best will in the world (really!) it looks complete and total and utter garbage, and I MUST own truly awful games!
GameRager: I myself own Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever, so I must have similar tastes. Wishlisted.
oh my god, i just played it

it's so crap i love <3 it. for real. it's slow, has slippery controls, bad graphics and generic music (and sounds). it doesn't even seem to have a title screen as far as i can tell.

anybody that likes obscure, bad games, and i know there must be others out there, too, buy it. it's cheap and cheerful. and how is it cheap.

edit: quick, somebody do a gog giveaway offering ten copies of this.
Post edited July 09, 2019 by Fairfox
How do you know? To my knowledge, it had multiple publishers (Wanadoo in Europe and Dreamcatcher in US) which always messes things up...did it, too, somehow end up in the hands of THQ Nordic? Not that that would be a bad thing, mind you...

GameRager: But that game actually looks GOOD....that won't do...we need crappy ripoffs on GOG.
It's not. Trust me. I've played it top to bottom. The puzzles will leave you lost if you can't make the connections between what characters say, and sometimes the instructions to these puzzles are misleading. The action is stiff and clunky and movement feels floaty and disconnected. The story is an excuse plot (There's 7 princesses. Find them. Become the sultan). The graphics are hit and miss. The first few chapters love crashing and have severe audio popping. You can still progress while missing important upgrades. The atmosphere is spot on though, but the game isn't worth playing for that alone.