It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stand by me.

<span class="bold">Blackwood Crossing</span>, a first-person adventure about two orphaned siblings navigating a world of aggressive imagination, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

There is a distance growing between Scarlett and Finn, a rift that feels as frightening as it is unavoidable. After getting inexplicably drawn into a magical world filled with frightening secrets, Scarlett must reconnect with her brother before the realities of adolescence pull them further apart.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited May 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
Achievements?
quanticprophecy: Achievements?
Gamepage says yes.
So why do i have to pay more for the same game than a polish customer ?

$16.89: DE IT MT MC NL CZ SK

$6.13: PL
GrizzledLone: Those "waiting" for a review, the game went live on Steam on April 5th, so there are many out there already.

On the other side you could just trust me - if you'd wish to. The game is indeed of a shorter type, might have slightly passed 4-5 hours as I finished it. A game you probably won't play a second time, for two reasons: the story is strictly linear, tho with room for interpretation, but the narrative is superb and therefore ("sadly") highly memorable.

So if you prefer a good - and well-told - story over gameplay this is worth giving a shot.

This is in no means a review but a short overview of what you can or can not expect of the game.
I already watched a playthrough the Bowling Otter team did. Definitely shorter, but I thought the story was fascinating and I liked the different elements and visuals of the game. I like games with strong narrative and this was one of them.

Its cool GOG gets such a variety of games.
Thanks for that review link.
Adventure Gamers is a great site for adventure gaming, and they have consistently good and fair reviews that are also well-written. That review gave me what I needed without giving away too much. I'm wishlisting this game for now, but it will be a definite purchase for me sometime very soon. And I probably won't wait for a sale. I believe in supporting indie devs as much as I possibly can, and if the game is reasonably priced, I'll usually buy as soon as I am able to, which in this case means my next paycheck.
Leroux: I've read some criticism on Steam that this game makes you feel the absence of interesting gameplay due to slow walking speed with the player having to walk to and fro. It seems the reviewer was familiar with and generally not opposed to "walking simulators" and loved the graphics and setting, but was still disappointed by the gameplay and thought it would have been more suited for different media, not games. How did you experience it? Are there any games you can compare the gameplay to? And I've also read that the time spent with the game is too short to treat its subject seriously and develop a satisfying story that would have made the user fully care for the characters. But it seems you have a different opinion on that?

I definitely want to buy and play it, I'm just wondering at what price. :)
Trying to keep it spoiler free as good as possible.

At first the walking speed feels too slow, wouldn't deny that. But it kinda fits the pace of the story. While playing the first "chapter" I already had two ideas of what the outcome of this journey could be, that either you, the player controlled character, or the person you're chasing was subject of this outcome. So story subject was pretty clear from the beginning on - twist, sorta, but at the point when it strikes you you had most likely dropped that idea already. But the devs didn't rush it which is good to keep the player wondering "what happened to provoke this and at what point of the story am I right now?". If you're not after getting that answered tho this game won't satisfy you.

Here the journey really is the reward, and you wouldn't want to rush it, so it can set it.

Can I compare the gameplay to anything similar I played? Well it's pretty much just walking and clicking few things every now and then. Wouldn't compare the gameplay at all as that is not where this games' focus is laid on. If you really want a comparison take Drizzlepath.

About the character development, I refer to my point above. If you're into it and go in open for everything, you can get a great experience. If not, well, as I stated, you won't have much fun with it.

For the price i'd say the game is totally worth 10 bucks, 15 are still acceptable. All my opinion of course. ;)

Incognita97: I already watched a playthrough the Bowling Otter team did. Definitely shorter, but I thought the story was fascinating and I liked the different elements and visuals of the game. I like games with strong narrative and this was one of them.

Its cool GOG gets such a variety of games.
Hmm, so it was more likely 4 hours for me than 5. That 2 hour video kinda made me think why it took me so long. Guess I thought a little to much into it while playing - and I know of one moment where I got stuck for like 20 minutes or so before figuring out what to do.

Might explain why quite a bunch of people call this game too short. Didn't feel that way tho.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by GrizzledLone
GrizzledLone:
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer in detail, very helpful! :)