It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here is a game for the fans of hard-boiled, noir detective stories. Blacksad: Under the Skin from Microids and Pendulo Studios is now available on GOG.COM DRM-free. Everyone who buys it until 21st November, 4 pm UTC, will get another great adventure game, Yesterday Origins, added for free.

New York City in the 1950s. Someone murdered a boxing club owner, Joe Dunn. At the same time one of the most promising ring stars, Bobby Yale goes missing. Are those two mysterious happenings connected? It looks like the case for private detective John Blacksad, who is hired to solve the mystery by Joe Dunn’s daughter, Sonia. As the story progresses, we uncover a major corruption scandal that involves members of the New York City underground.
Sadly, my clunker won't run this. It's an interesting idea to have animal characters in a noir tale, but (especially as a South African) , I'm not sure it's a good idea in the times we live in to portray pointing guns at rhinos as a heroic thing to do.
musteriuz: I'm not sure it's a good idea in the times we live in to portray pointing guns at rhinos as a heroic thing to do.
Well, how about the other way round...?
Attachments:
rhino_gun.jpg (115 Kb)
What Game Engine?
musteriuz: I'm not sure it's a good idea in the times we live in to portray pointing guns at rhinos as a heroic thing to do.
BreOl72: Well, how about the other way round...?
Which is why I assumed the reverse would also be true. The game portrays a rhino as a "baddie", and some people have difficulty distinguishing between entertainment and reality and will use any excuse to justify their negative behaviour. Anyway, I'm not a massive conservationist or anything, was just speaking of what came to mind when I saw that screenshot.
Post edited November 14, 2019 by musteriuz
No support for ultrawide, asking for a refund.
What kind of person feels the need to not only return an apparently perfectly functional game just because it doesn't have one very specific feature that it never claims to have, but also leave the lowest possible rating over it?
Post edited November 14, 2019 by skirtish
musteriuz: Sadly, my clunker won't run this. It's an interesting idea to have animal characters in a noir tale, but (especially as a South African) , I'm not sure it's a good idea in the times we live in to portray pointing guns at rhinos as a heroic thing to do.
Makes no difference when millions of ignorant people cling to anachronistic cultural baggage.
i_ni: What Game Engine?
It uses Unity.
Finally it arrived :-)

I've never been a 'comic book guy'. But after seeing the trailer for Blacksad I felt that the story, characters and setting would totally suit me. So I bought all of the Blacksad comics last week and I can tell - even if the game is half as good as comic books are, it's going to rock! :-)
Attachments:
blacksad.jpg (406 Kb)
zeffyr: snip
Embrace your inner furry! =P
zeffyr: Finally it arrived :-)

I've never been a 'comic book guy'. But after seeing the trailer for Blacksad I felt that the story, characters and setting would totally suit me. So I bought all of the Blacksad comics last week and I can tell - even if the game is half as good as comic books are, it's going to rock! :-)
I've never been a comic book guy, either, but I bought all of the Resident Evil comics, books, visual novels, mangas and other publications a little while back so hopefully that will bring the original trilogy here. ;)

That said, this game does look very nice.
i am not into noir games at all.

but yay! more talking animal games!

this is a win.
i_ni: What Game Engine?
Hustlefan: It uses Unity.
Most interesting, doesn't look like one (trailer impressions).
Hustlefan: It uses Unity.
i_ni: Most interesting, doesn't look like one (trailer impressions).
Neither do the The Book of Unwritten Tales games, Parkitect, Ori and the Blind Forest, Hollow Knight, Ghost of a Tale, Cuphead, Wasteland 2, Shadow Tactics, etc...

It's all about developers actually being able to make competent use of a game engine, rather than the engine itself.
i_ni: Most interesting, doesn't look like one (trailer impressions).
Mr.Mumbles: Neither do the The Book of Unwritten Tales games, Parkitect, Ori and the Blind Forest, Hollow Knight, Ghost of a Tale, Cuphead, Wasteland 2, Shadow Tactics, etc...

It's all about developers actually being able to make competent use of a game engine, rather than the engine itself.
Hmm, wouldn't Unreal be a better fit? (again, trailer impressions only)