It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into a dark RPG Adventure, based on Slavic myths, in which you play as a young sorceress. Fight evil forces in card-based battles and explore the world, where humans live alongside mythological creatures. Black Book is now available on GOG.COM along with a 15% discount lasting until 17th August 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Alas, a much expected release. Time to punish my wallet again
Yeah, I was looking forward to Black Book as well. Unfortunately, it looks like they didn't release the "Supporter Pack" DLC on GOG (yet?), which includes an artbook whose description sounds like it includes info on the folklore behind the game. I'd have loved to read up on that...
Post edited August 10, 2021 by Exsurgent
Exsurgent: Yeah, I was looking forward to Black Book as well. Unfortunately, it look like they didn't release the "Supporter Pack" DLC on GOG (yet?), which includes an artbook whose description sounds like it includes info on the folklore behind the game. I'd have loved to read up on that...
That would be a nice addition, indeed
Looks fantastic. Wishlisted.
Same here...hope that they will release the Supporter Pack DLC on GoG too!
Just found out HypeTrain Digital, the publisher, also published Police Stories and Stoneshard without their respective Supporter Packs on GOG. So I think it's highly unlikely that we'll get the Black Book Supporter Pack on here, unfortunately.
I like the Slavic folklore´s influence on this game, so instabuy :)
Are the maps randomized?
Looks sweet. Wishlisted.
It would be nice to get also Mooseman here. I liked the game, it's made by the same developer.

And there's also "Black Book Prologue" available for free on Steam...
ciemnogrodzianin: It would be nice to get also Mooseman here. I liked the game, it's made by the same developer.
Indeed, that looks really nice too.

ciemnogrodzianin: And there's also "Black Book Prologue" available for free on Steam...
Well that should definitely be here. Really uncool to leave that out.
high rated
ciemnogrodzianin: And there's also "Black Book Prologue" available for free on Steam...
And on itch.io too
Black Book Prologue is just the demo, so we're (presumably) not missing out on any content.

But it does beg the question: Since GOG has the functionality to host demos and Black Book Prologue is even available DRM-free on Itch, why not on GOG too?
Post edited August 11, 2021 by Exsurgent
Another could have been interesting and would have bought sort of game; Manual saves throwing you back, mandatory battle puzzles after a certain point has been reached, this is not a game I would enjoy. Mandatory puzzles just ruin it for me ... specially when there are 2 to 3 per chapter according to an RPS review.

Like Murder By Numbers which I otherwise enjoyed, when all of a sudden there was these hacking puzzles, solving several nonograms in quick succession with a timer ticking down. One error and you have to start the same puzzle and will eventually fail the totality of them, adding just one more quick-reaction puzzle you'd have to solve.

Failing it in both games means you either return to a previous manual save-state and being thrown back or you'd be able to load an auto save, which there are many in Black Book, at every scene-change or so I read and no progress until you somehow solve them. That's the kind of plot-stopper I absolutely hate. So, no love from me, sorry.