It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A game for all fans of Synth-Punk aesthetic. Black Future ’88 from Good Shepherd Entertainment is a rogue-lite platform title that almost pulses with 80s vibes. As one of the survivors from the nuclear apocalypse, you must use all your skills and reflex to reach Duncan, an evil Tower Architect who wishes to enslave the slowly regenerating world. Black Future ’88 is now available on GOG.COM DRM-free. Until 28th November, 6 PM UTC, you can buy it with a 10% discount.
high rated
GOG really needs a bigger news section and a more visible selection before having to scroll. When announcements from only two days barely can squeeze in there...
Mr.Mumbles:
I remember once the oldest news dropped off after around forty hours, clearly less than two days.

I like the news feed but it should not be so that one has to read it EVERY SINGLE DAY not to miss anytihng. That I do so anyway is irrelevant to my criticism.
Mr.Mumbles:
Themken: I remember once the oldest news dropped off after around forty hours, clearly less than two days.

I like the news feed but it should not be so that one has to read it EVERY SINGLE DAY not to miss anytihng. That I do so anyway is irrelevant to my criticism.
I completely agree. It is so illogical that sometimes I wonder whether there's a hidden reason why Gog would want us to miss on some of their news.

I particularly "love" how you can navigate from one news article to the next thinking it is really the one that came right after when actually there were several news articles between those two. And the same news can be THE next piece to several articles at once, for example I read at least three news yesterday that pointed Parkitect's DLC as the next news item. So, in essence, it's not like you can simply pick a current news and hit "previous" a bunch of times to read everything that you missed in the days you were away from Gog.
high rated
Mr.Mumbles: GOG really needs a bigger news section and a more visible selection before having to scroll. When announcements from only two days barely can squeeze in there...
Ever since the layout change, the news section is a joke - and who had the glorious idea to move it to the bottom of the page?! I don't visit the front page any more because of that. Only the forums where I can see all the news as blue dotted posts and way easier and clearer.

The news section should be a long column from the top of the page. At least the last month/30 days should be visible (per infini-scroll if must be). And for older entries a news archive navigable by year/month. I mean, every silly blog software can do this. Every CMS has a module for a news section like this. How hard can it be?
Looks cool, but i had a hard time discerning enemy shots from player shots.

Agreed on the news section layout being shitty. I think it was one of my only complaints, and it was right away.
Ever since the site redesign last year, the front page is absolutely unusable for me. I keep a shortcut to the main forum page, and use that as my "GOG" link. The forum seems a better source of news imo anyway, since it will have information about if a game is being delisted. Iirc, that was never posted in the news section, even when it was visible and on an accessible frontpage. I could be wrong about though.

Also, this game looks really cool. I like the idea of the time limit pressure impacting the playthrough and decisionmaking. I know people criticize rogue-likes, and I myself criticize indie games in general, but for some reason these ones appeal to me a lot.
Post edited November 22, 2019 by rjbuffchix
rjbuffchix: Ever since the site redesign last year, the front page is absolutely unusable for me. I keep a shortcut to the main forum page, and use that as my "GOG" link.
You're not the only one.
rjbuffchix: The forum seems a better source of news imo anyway
Not since GOG decided to get rid of release threads...
low rated
$18 for something that looks like the games you'd see in bargain bins 20 years ago? lol
Mr.Mumbles:
Themken: I remember once the oldest news dropped off after around forty hours, clearly less than two days.

I like the news feed but it should not be so that one has to read it EVERY SINGLE DAY not to miss anytihng.
Sometimes the news ticker barely keeps the news posts of a single day, like on Friday. So even when you visit the news section every day, but not at the same time, you will miss some news posts. Not even the news feed keeps more entries.

I do not know what GOG thinks is the advantage when customers miss their news posts. Perhaps they want to push people to subscribe their email advertisements.
rjbuffchix: The forum seems a better source of news imo anyway
russellskanne: Not since GOG decided to get rid of release threads...
They should generate automatically, and tend to.

As for the news issue, for sure it should be easier to locate on the site, but i suppose the argument would be there's socials/newsletters for that. Though, in my view, it shouldn't be one or the other