It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bad company, till the day I die.

<span class="bold">Battle Brothers</span>, a turn-based tactical RPG with tabletop sensibilities is now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

Contracts no one else would go after. Men no one else would travel with. This has your name written all over it. Hire the right people, equip them as your purse allows, and pick your next mission from a map full of perilous opportunities. When the battle finally starts, make sure Lady Luck stands by your side and your moves are as calculated as an ambush on a narrow passage.

<span class="bold">Upgrade to the Supporter Edition</span> for the soundtrack, a digital supplement with art, lore, and behind-the-scenes info, plus the legendary item Fangshire.

The 25% discount will last until July 27, 1PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
I tried this game on Steam, refunded it. IMO it's a genuinely bad game. The tactical combat that should be its core is quite bad, largely dependent on who strikes first, with tons of RNG added. Combat maneuvers include unrealistic moves like "circular strike", etc. The game seems to be lacking content as well.
BranjoHello: Remake of what exactly, ...
DeMignon: A poor man's Banner Saga for example (already being an Indie), with only a whiff of its atmosphere.
I didn't have a particular game in mind. It just looks like "been there, done that" ... prettier or more complex or both.

However, that's just my personal impression, I haven't played Battle Brothers first hand. (...but Banner Saga ;-)
Banner Saga uses the rotoscoping technique and feels very much like an old animated movie, while characters in Battle Brothers resemble Russian nesting dolls. Both have a distinct visual identity and play very differently too. Banner Saga is a linear story-driven experience and Battle Brothers is a procedurally generated sandbox.
wvpr:
Thanks for your insightful input. :)

CharlesGrey: I think we have similar opinions on DLC, and were just thinking of different things. [...] I should add I'm also not a fan of micro-transactions, any paid content that is directly advertised/offered within a game. I try to avoid such games entirely.
Yeap, i guess so! And about microtransactions, you're damn right; i hate that thing and it's the reason i had a hard time finding interesting android games that respect my free time by not pumping up the difficulty (or being a grind-fest) artificially, forcing players to pay in order to progress more quickly.
wvpr:
Vythonaut: Thanks for your insightful input. :)

CharlesGrey: I think we have similar opinions on DLC, and were just thinking of different things. [...] I should add I'm also not a fan of micro-transactions, any paid content that is directly advertised/offered within a game. I try to avoid such games entirely.
Vythonaut: Yeap, i guess so! And about microtransactions, you're damn right; i hate that thing and it's the reason i had a hard time finding interesting android games that respect my free time by not pumping up the difficulty (or being a grind-fest) artificially, forcing players to pay in order to progress more quickly.
100% agree. That's why I never managed to get into Android games.
Too many ads and pay-to-win.

I'm an avid Gwent player. Yet I never spent a single dime on the game. It's a really great card game. But I admit it gets frustrating when guys who've just spent 1/3 of the time I've spent on the game kick the hell outta me because they use real $$$ to buy new cards.

Alas, CD-Projekt gotta earn some money with the game somehow.
So, as much as everyone can drag his/her own conclusions on a game being bad/good, just wanted to point out a couple of points.

Why no "full bodies"?
http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-5-concept-art-explaining-battle-brothers-character-art-style/

I personally dig the style, but if someone doesn't, it's understandable.

Comparison with Banner Saga are.. well not very spot on, except for both having turn-based combat they don't share anything else.

The price, I'd say 30 Euros (27.99 without discount) is far from an AAA price tag, is it too steep for this game? Honestly no idea I had no issue paying it after watching some videos of very old beta buids. The point is if you like it, this game can give you hundreds of hours of gameplay, if you don't like... well even 15 Euros would be too much imo.

The argument about "game is dead, the devs abandoned it"... the game is finished, has been in early access for about 1 year and supported after release for some more months (Patches and whatnot), at no point was the implementation of mods/modding tools promised (quite the contrary).

Would I prefer for BB to have a live modding community? Probably yes, but I already spent about 200 hours on it, so I'm ready to move on.

This game is not the next Jagged Alliance, and still was so far my fav turn-based game of this year (well I also enjoyed Thea, but that's just me being late to that party :P )

EDIT: if I was just a bit smarter and able to post a link, lol sorry
Post edited July 21, 2017 by demonbox77
Vythonaut: Shame? DLCs? Money-making machine? Well, how about no? If the game doesn't have any bugs, it doesn't need to be updated forever. Better use their creative juices to offer something else instead of milking the customers.
karnak1: You make no sense. You're probably confusing DLCs with cosmetic crap like "horse armor" or whatever.

If the game is good why can't it be improved? Wouldn't you pay more for a good game to be even better and support its devs if you could have more levels, more campaigns and more units?

Will [url=https://www.gog.com/game/underrail ]UnderRail [/url]to be considered a cash-grab because it will have a new aexpansion with more levels and vehicules?
Besides, the original idea behind Battlebrothers was to keep expanding the game universe. Somehow, and a bit unexpectedly, the devs decided they were tired with the game and decided to move forward. Which was a bit of shock because many people was expecting they would allow for modding capacity in order to let users customise the game (like what happens with Mount&Blade).
There´s an UnderRail Expansion in the works?
Had to google out all about it - sir, you just made me very excited and happy :)
Now I don't have to buy it on Steam and can just buy it here. Nice for it to be here...and finally!
I think I'll wishlist it for the moment and help my budget stretch further.

The Soundtrack is off the table for me since there is no lossless (FLAC) version to be seen