It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dive into a snarky action-adventure puzzle game made with love and humor. Batbarian: Testament of the Primordials is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM! Explore over 400 secret-filled rooms, fight dangerous bosses, and gather companions for your party. Also, use the powers of Pip, your bat buddy, to solve puzzles and escape the eldritch abyss!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
GOG.com: Dive into a snarky action-adventure puzzle game made with love and humor. Batbarian: Testament of the Primordials is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM! Explore over 400 secret-filled rooms, fight dangerous bosses, and gather companions for your party. Also, use the powers of Pip, your bat buddy, to solve puzzles and escape the eldritch abyss!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Obvious inspiration by Conan the Barbarian - cool :)
Looks nice, wishlisted and awaiting reviews for now.
Bought it.

It needs a dedicated forum though, since I have some feedback to post,
and grievances to air ,)

First Metroidvana to allow me to actually bind actions to the mouse.
But it also uses hardcoded keys for menu and ingame dialogue!
Wrong thread, I know, but why did Partisans 1941 disappear from GOG yesterday, they day it was supposed to launch? I’m assuming the publisher backed out, but does anyone know details?
This one looks interesting.
Awaiting reviews and Linux compatibility reports.
The game is 19,50 CHF...ok...but...

...the soundtrack is 72 CHF ???

Isn't there a little mistake somewhere ? I mean even if it's "29 pumping tracks and over 60 minutes of high-quality music!" it still seems a little excessive.
this is very attractive, I'll try the demo on Steam.
Cool music.
Vendor-Lazarus: Bought it.

and grievances to air ,)

Hey! Thanks so much for checking out the game! Best place for support right now is our discord: https://discord.gg/RsrKxhz , or our twitter @batbarian

As for the keybinds - yeah we were afraid of players breaking the ability to use menus for those options, so we just tried to overload the ones that were most common. We can def try to look into another solution for that case though!

Thanks again for playing, and for the feedback!

And thank you everyone for all the kind words!!! ^_^
Gersen: The game is 19,50 CHF...ok...but...

...the soundtrack is 72 CHF ???

Isn't there a little mistake somewhere ? I mean even if it's "29 pumping tracks and over 60 minutes of high-quality music!" it still seems a little excessive.
Thanks for letting us know about this, we will look into it for sure!
Post edited October 17, 2020 by DrSkipper7
Vendor-Lazarus: Bought it.

and grievances to air ,)

DrSkipper7: Hey! Thanks so much for checking out the game! Best place for support right now is our discord: https://discord.gg/RsrKxhz , or our twitter @batbarian

As for the keybinds - yeah we were afraid of players breaking the ability to use menus for those options, so we just tried to overload the ones that were most common. We can def try to look into another solution for that case though!

Thanks again for playing, and for the feedback!

And thank you everyone for all the kind words!!! ^_^
First of all, thanks for posting on GOG. Much Appreciated!
If you tell a blue GOG employee about it, they can give you a fancy orange Dev name!

Now, on to business.
I don't do twitter. At all.
And while I use Discord, I don't want to have every game I play's discord server clogging up my list.
It's also not very public, in that other people can't read the discussions. It's also entirely within the control of the game devs/publishers. So they can delete everything they object to, and ban anyone at a whim.
On a forum you also have more time to re-check and re-write your post , to avoid misunderstandings and spelling errors.

A forum is more permanent and accessible to the general person.
In fact, I was trying to look up the changelog for Batbarian, as I saw it had updated to 1.1.3.
My GOG library didn't show any changelog, nor does the game have a GOG forum to post it in yet either, sadly.
I even tried checking the steam forum, despite not having an account there.
When that failed as well, I tried finding the information on your homepage and your twitter.
Still no luck.
I can understand that right after a release is a busy time, but keeping your customers informed should be part of that.

I hope I didn't come across as too critical. Just concerned.
Vendor-Lazarus: First of all, thanks for posting on GOG. Much Appreciated!
If you tell a blue GOG employee about it, they can give you a fancy orange Dev name!

Now, on to business.
I don't do twitter. At all.
And while I use Discord, I don't want to have every game I play's discord server clogging up my list.
It's also not very public, in that other people can't read the discussions. It's also entirely within the control of the game devs/publishers. So they can delete everything they object to, and ban anyone at a whim.
On a forum you also have more time to re-check and re-write your post , to avoid misunderstandings and spelling errors.

A forum is more permanent and accessible to the general person.
In fact, I was trying to look up the changelog for Batbarian, as I saw it had updated to 1.1.3.
My GOG library didn't show any changelog, nor does the game have a GOG forum to post it in yet either, sadly.
I even tried checking the steam forum, despite not having an account there.
When that failed as well, I tried finding the information on your homepage and your twitter.
Still no luck.
I can understand that right after a release is a busy time, but keeping your customers informed should be part of that.

I hope I didn't come across as too critical. Just concerned.
Haha I completely understand about not having a Twitter account, and not wanting to join too many discords makes sense too. We would love to have a forum but we haven't had time to set one up, and the Steam forums have seemed like the easiest place for people who bought the game there. We will try to at least get a contact form up on the website.

As for the changelog you're totally correct, I'm used to pushing beta updates but now that the game is out I need to remember to send out news about it! Just so you know the changes so far have mostly been minor bug fixes, i.e fixing a couple switch controller input icons, minor grammar fixes, preventing some visual artifacts when running at uncommon resolutions, and added a couple more checkpoints in a mid game area.

No worries about the feedback it's very helpful! And good to know about the Gog developer badge thing, I will look into that for sure! Thanks for checking out the game! :)
DrSkipper7: -snip-
Thank you!
high rated
DrSkipper7: -snip-
Vendor-Lazarus: Thank you!
Hey there, just coming back to let you know we finally have our own GOG forum operational https://www.gog.com/forum/batbarian_testament_of_the_primordials

Posted the patch notes for the two latest updates if you're curious! :)
Vendor-Lazarus: Thank you!
DrSkipper7: Hey there, just coming back to let you know we finally have our own GOG forum operational https://www.gog.com/forum/batbarian_testament_of_the_primordials

Posted the patch notes for the two latest updates if you're curious! :)
Awesome!