It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It bled from outer space.

<span class="bold">Alien Rampage</span>, a spectacularly gory classic sidescroller, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

First released in 1996, Alien Rampage was a sidescroller brought into a 3D renaissance. But it still managed to stand out for its smooth and responsive gameplay, as well as technical achievements boasting – the quite marvelous – 5-level multi-parallax scrolling backgrounds!

Alien Rampage stands is gore, solid puzzles, oddball weaponry, and tons of quirky little things – coming together to produce something memorable, and far more than the sum of its parts.
Post edited August 03, 2017 by inox
GOG.com: First released in 1996, Alien Rampage was a sidescroller brought into a 3D renaissance. But it still managed to stand out for its smooth and responsive gameplay, as well as technical achievements boasting – the quite marvelous – 5-level multi-parallax scrolling backgrounds!
5-level parallax scrolling was considered a major technical achievement in 1996? Shadow of the Beast did 12-level parallax scrolling in 1989!
See this vid for a nice review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrEeYPPjgno

I'll support the game on GOG blindly!
Gengar78: Here's a pretty cool review by GeneralLotz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw1cyKqmTu4
Thanks for the vid, man. Great one!
If this game would have been published a few years earlier during the 2D era, not in 1996 when overshadowed by 3D, then it would be more famous, so I think it didn't get the commercial success it derserved. But hopefully now, it looks awesome and much fun, I buy it!! Everyone who likes platformer or 2D action should!! :-)
Post edited August 04, 2017 by Cifer84
Cifer84: If this game would have been published a few years earlier during the 2D era, not in 1996 when overshadowed by 3D, then it would be more famous, so I think it didn't get the commercial success it derserved. But hopefully now, it looks awesome and much fun, I buy it!! Everyone who likes platformer or 2D action should!! :-)
Ha ha, yeah, I remember a review on some abandonware site many years ago that poetically described how "the great equalizer time" has actually lessened the game's flaws over the years. That said, from what I recall my main gripe with the game was that you can't see far ahead and often receive damage before you can react to something suddenly appearing on the screen. Will gladly give it another try, though, especially after LGR's recent review of the game.
Retrostage: See this vid for a nice review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrEeYPPjgno

I'll support the game on GOG blindly!
Heh, I've learned for the first time about this game from LGR's review :) And even bought retail version, about month before release on GOG :P

Really nice game (hard, but still fun), that's sort of games which I would like to see on GOG more and more - especially from glorious 90'
Been waiting for this one. Back in the day I played the demo over and over.
yes so happy just bought it.
I just realized that the one and only user review that is up for the game was written by Clint (LGR). Kind of amusing.
Alien Rampage? Don't know if I ever heard of it.
But I know of rampaging aliens... Sometimes one comes around and devastates my bathroom! ^^