It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A title with such a cinematic story is not released every day. A Plague Tale: Innocence is an adventure and stealth game set in the times when all hope seems to fade. A young but very strong girl Amicia de Rune must save her gifted brother Hugo from the clutches of all-mighty inquisition and hordes of rats in a plague-infested medieval France. Our heroine will have to use all of her courage to survive against the overwhelming odds.

A Plague Tale: Innocence is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. Until 3rd December, 2 PM UTC, the game is available with a 50% discount. And that’s not all – if you buy A Plague Tale: Innocence during the first 24 hours from its release (that is until 27th November, 2 PM UTC) you’ll get a DLC called Coat of Arms for free.
high rated
mw.834515: Rating should reflect, if the game is good or not/has problems, not if you like it or not.
It's like rating a product on amazon with 1 star, because "delivery took 1 day longer than promised"

I'm aware, that you only try to explain, why this (strange) person rated 1 star. Lately I see this habit on a regular basis .. sadly. There is a release and BAMM! ... one-star rating.
No, it is NOT the same. In your example it was not the PRODUCT that has been reviewed but the store - which is completely wrong.

In the case in question however it was the game the reviewer rated. if you like it or not will always have a a huge influence of a rating. Objectively you will only be able to say if a game is working on the techical side but beginning from the looks of a game up to the gameplay itself it's completely subjective. If in example I would dislike stealth games and this game (which I neither have played nor rated btw) would contain too many stealth scenes I could say that it is a good game for people that like stealth games but you could never expect me to give it a five star rating. Yes, the problem would be my expectations that weren't met - but I still would probably not give it a five star rating in this case ... simply because I could not enjoy the game. So eliminating taste from a review imo is probably impossible.

Regarding the game: I am torn. Too many great games the last days and weeks and just yesterday I decided to buy a bit less and play a bit more ... then again ... so many good things I heard about the game ... and I am really, really bad at stealth and dislike it ... don't know what to do..... but thank you GOG and Focus for giving me at least the option to get it.
Post edited November 26, 2019 by MarkoH01
Totally getting this. Also, the current promo price is the lowest the game has sold for anywhere thus far. ;)

Interesting sidenote: The same devs are also working on Microsoft's newest Flight Simulator. Not that there are are any implications in this. I just thought it a curious factoid.
Mr.Mumbles: Totally getting this. Also, the current promo price is the lowest the game has sold for anywhere thus far. ;)

Interesting sidenote: The same devs are also working on Microsoft's newest Flight Simulator. Not that there are are any implications in this. I just thought it a curious factoid.
Discount is definitely very nice, only the promo with the DLC could wait longer than 24 hours ;)
But oh, well - instabuy :D
And I am also, like many others, definitely looking forward to both Styx games to appear here :)
Cool
Tarhiel: Discount is definitely very nice, only the promo with the DLC could wait longer than 24 hours ;)
Oh, thank you for pointing that out. Great - now I only have a few hours (approx 4 because I will have to sleep as well ;)) to decide.....aaaaaargh! That's torture... ;)
WOW! Did not expect to see this here! Thanks focus/GoG for bringing this over here; GoG is on a roll!
Seriously considering getting this now... but what is that DLC that you can get only if you buy now? Isn't it sold at all otherwise?

Are they releasing new content (in a form of even more DLCs) to this game, or is this the complete deal?

Who am I kidding? Getting it now.
Post edited November 26, 2019 by timppu
Instabuy
This one looks incredible! The gameplay trailer/preview got me instantly. Using your wits to survive in a nightmarish world. To the wishlist it goes.

I've never cared about cosmetic DLC. It would be more interesting if the outfits were unlocked by finding them in-game.
Nice, Instabuy!
Question to those who played it. How hard are the stealth sequences and is there more gameplay than just stealth in the game?
looks brilliant, thank you @fhi/gog!
MarkoH01: Question to those who played it. How hard are the stealth sequences and is there more gameplay than just stealth in the game?
They are not too hard, TBH. There are a few challenging moments where you are required to switch weapons fast depending on the situation. But Stealth it self is not hard. If you are thinking of Deus EX or Thief level of stealth then you might be disappointed. But it is a fun game. Mostly linear and narrative driven with beautiful visuals.

And yes, there is more game play than just stealth. There is combat which often feels like a puzzle forcing you to decide which approach is better. You have the option to use different types of attacks. Later on, rats become one of them ;)

There are also a few more traditional spacial and environmental based puzzles. Move certain objects to clear a path etc. There hidden items to collect as well for those that like completionist item collecting.

I would not call it a hard game but it is enjoyable.
Post edited November 27, 2019 by greyhat
MarkoH01: Question to those who played it. How hard are the stealth sequences and is there more gameplay than just stealth in the game?
greyhat: They are not too hard, TBH. There are a few challenging moments where you are required to switch weapons fast depending on the situation. But Stealth it self is not hard. If you are thinking of Deus EX or Thief level of stealth then you might be disappointed.
Since I am terrible in stealth I doubt that I could be disappointed in not so hard stealth segments. That is actually a good message for me :)

greyhat: But it is a fun game. Mostly linear and narrative driven with beautiful visuals.
Sounds good to me.

greyhat: And yes, there is more game play than just stealth. There is combat which often feels like a puzzle forcing you to decide which approach is better. You have the option to use different types of attacks. Later on, rats become one of them ;)

There are also a few more traditional spacial and environmental based puzzles. Move certain objects to clear a path etc. There hidden items to collect as well for those that like completionist item collecting.

That also sounds nice. Thank you for the detailed description - it has been a great help for me.

Bought it.
Post edited November 27, 2019 by MarkoH01
greyhat: They are not too hard, TBH. There are a few challenging moments where you are required to switch weapons fast depending on the situation. But Stealth it self is not hard. If you are thinking of Deus EX or Thief level of stealth then you might be disappointed.
MarkoH01: Since I am terrible in stealth I doubt that I could be disappointed in not so hard stealth segments. That is actually a good message for me :)

greyhat: But it is a fun game. Mostly linear and narrative driven with beautiful visuals.
MarkoH01: Sounds good to me.

greyhat: And yes, there is more game play than just stealth. There is combat which often feels like a puzzle forcing you to decide which approach is better. You have the option to use different types of attacks. Later on, rats become one of them ;)

MarkoH01: That also sounds nice. Thank you for the detailed description - it has been a great help for me.

Bought it.
Glad that helped you make a choice. Enjoy Plague Tale. I certainly did. :)